It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THANK YOU Alec Baldwin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

THANK YOU Alec Baldwin

parkerspitzer.blogs.cnn.com

"Actor Alec Baldwin said middle class Americans are "exhausted" during an exclusive interview on "Parker Spitzer."

Alec Baldwin says he is "very interested" in running for office during an appearance on "Parker Spitzer" to air Jan. 5.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hey guys, I just watched these interviews live and felt motivated to share it with the ATS crew here.

If you watch all of the interviews, Alec goes on to talk about how the war was a farce, how the former administration 'exuasted all efforts' to get into a war with the middle east and for questionable purposes etc.

Very interesting to me, I hope to many others out there.

parkerspitzer.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Alec Baldwin is a great actor. However, politically speaking, he is a putz.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Alec Baldwin is a great actor. However, politically speaking, he is a putz.

They said that about Reagan and the Governator...who seem now to be regarded both as senior statesmen.

I'd say he's quite likely smarter than Bush...who bought two terms.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
But is AB smart enough to use being dumb as well as Bush did?
He didn't do so well in Team America, he'll have to live that wooden performance as a politician down first...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
omg another pompous self centered narcissist who feels that he knows better than us common folk. and to top it off he's a Baldwin.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

For someone who treated his wife like dirt and his daughter like a dog, is he kidding?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

Huh? He didn't display that attitude here.

It must be your programming.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ok so far in the interview, we got the talking head giving a tick off of a few of Obama's blunders, but makes sure we know bush did it first. Laughable CNN tactic there.

I personally think he is kind of right when he talks about middle class being exhausted, only he doesn't realize how bad it has gotten yet. Not only are we busting our asses to make ends meet, in a lot of cases it is impossible. From a construction worker's perspective, when there was plenty of work, we would work 6 days a week, 8-12 hours a day to make ends meet. We had a plan to pay off the house while we renovated on our day off, and sell it. We were willing to do it, problem is for 3 years, there was not enough work to cover the hours we needed to work to do so. Then everything went down the drain with the forclosed house. Plenty of the guys in my circle were in the same boat almost, except they were not planning to sell, they just wanted a house to live in for their family.

I personally do not like the way AB deflects blame from obama to "the people he surrounds himself with". He loses points in my mind for that one. A president surrounds himself with likeminded people, or at least they probably should if they are not a puppet, picking who someone else told him to.

I think he nailed it too when he said that a lot of people run to "complete some missing part of themself"(power) rather than to serve the best interest of the people. I am just not positive he is not one of those same people. The interviewer brought up a great point, how do we know this is how he really feels, and he is not just playing a role? I guess we wouldn't unless he actually got elected for something lol.

I really don't have time to watch part 2 of the interview. Was an interesting watch though.
edit on Thu, 06 Jan 2011 20:45:43 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Any actor wanting to be a politician makes me nervous. How can you trust a man who was trained and has decades of experience in the art of deception? He earnt his living saying things you wanted to hear, whilst also having to be very convincing. I'm sure lying for a few a TV interviews would be absolutely no problem for this guy. I realise that that description may also sum up a politician, however, not to the same extent.

Also, Hollywood/politics are a dangerous mix. How many people voted for Arnie because of his popularity and not his policies? These people are like gods in the eyes of some sheeple- worshipped and can do no wrong. These people could get very far, very easily, merely by exploiting their fame.

I realise he could genuinely want to help the country out, however- how can you be so sure?
edit on 6-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

Someone said that we elect local guys, preferably a homeless guy who simply wants to live a simple life with clean water and food, one term, surrounded by his friends.

Good idea. You may not like his 'friends' but that's the only way to keep the zionist and lobbyists away.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Well, if he hadn't mentioned any of the current administartions problems/issues-then it is evident he is clueless also.

Look that last thing we need is another left swinging TV/Movie type in there. please.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I dunno - can't you just hear this message playing over and over in his opponents ads?

Alec Baldwin Calls 11yo Daughter a Thoughtless Little Pig

Then there is the deal where apparently threatened to take sleeping pills...

Actor Alec Baldwin tried to threaten daughter with taking sleeping pills

I'm not sure he could get through someone disagreeing with him, or saying bad things about him without blowing a gasket and tossing away his chances.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I just want to point out that I am no saint, and Alec Baldwin likely is no saint.

Now, if 'elected' or otherwise 'famous'

How many of you have never done anything (Common! ...) that the PUBLIC would not barbaque your balls for?

I'm guessing not one of you.

People are such... arm-chair synics.

PS... a star would be nice for bringing this to your attention (not for glory... so I feel encouraged to post more information in the future)
edit on 7-1-2011 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
So is he talking with Ron Paul? Sounds like they are on the same campaign and this needs all the help it can get.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Yeah but none of us are running for office and most of us probably would run for the hills at the thought of taking up a position.

I don't like the guy, professionally or personally. I think he's just a thug and most definately not psychologically stable enough to take up such a stressful position.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
lol,

middle class, did he read up on that?

or beat his make-up person to tell him?
edit on 7-1-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

top topics

join