It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outgoing Mossad chief: Iran won't have nuclear capability before 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Outgoing Mossad chief: Iran won't have nuclear capability before 2015

www.haaretz.com

Meir Dagan, who retired from his post as Mossad chief on Thursday after eight years, does not believe Iran will have nuclear capability before 2015.

In a summary given to the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee, Dagan said Iran was a long way from being able to produce nuclear weapons, following a series of failures that had set its program back by several years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Lets take a trip on the yellow school bus and take a look back in history to see were we stand and hopefully if we'll be standing in the near future.

India developed nuclear weapons to "defend herself by all means", as Pandit Nehru said. Pakistan developed nuclear weapons to deter India. Their nuclear weapons keep the Indians at bay, otherwise what would keep the Indians from invading Pakistan? china acquired nuclear weapons to deter a hostile nuclear United States. Without nuclear weapons, I can assure you china wouldn't be so communist, nor a modern super-power, NOR would we owe them 800 billion. Lets keep going. North Korea...Need I say more? I think Kimmy said enough. Oh, here's another. Israel acquired nuclear weapons to protect themselves from utter destruction from every one of their Arab neighbors.

NOW, we come to Iran. Like a Persian bulldog backed in a corner... International sanctions over an alleged 'Peaceful' nuclear energy program, no evidence showing Iran even wants nuclear weapons, except for the testimony of hired actors. Probably military and economic threats by day, 007 agents by night. Looking back at history, what do you think will happen next?

I believe that Iran's intentions for a 'Peaceful' nuclear energy program was sincere and honest. But because of the path they are being forced on, I soon see them becoming a nuclear WEAPONS state, probably acquired from china, Russia, or North Korea. Then . . . we will all have something to worry about. We'll be closer to a nuclear war if Iran tests a black market bought nuclear weapon, then we were during the Cuban missile crisis.

Middle East? More like Middle Earth.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-1-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

thats why we have

this has been said over and over by people leaving their positions
supprising when they are in position of power their views are always diffrent

edit on 6-1-2011 by illusive man because: Url

edit on 6-1-2011 by illusive man because: dd

new topics

join