It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$3.50 a gallon: proof that the wars we fight are for oil companies and saudi-royals, not for us.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Despite popular belief, we did not go to war for oil nor do we get our oil from Iraq.

US Oil Imports
The top five exporting countries accounted for 69 percent of United States crude oil imports in October while the top ten sources accounted for approximately 85 percent of all U.S. crude oil imports. The top five sources of US crude oil imports for October were Canada (1,840 thousand barrels per day), Mexico (1,178 thousand barrels per day), Saudi Arabia (1,114 thousand barrels per day), Venezuela (887 thousand barrels per day), and Nigeria (812 thousand barrels per day). The rest of the top ten sources, in order, were Colombia (400 thousand barrels per day), Angola (311 thousand barrels per day), Algeria (259 thousand barrels per day), Kuwait (215 thousand barrels per day), and Ecuador (203 thousand barrels per day).

as i already stated, yes we did go to war for oil, for MULTINATIONAL OIL CORPORATIONS. get yr head out of the sand. are you saying we went to war for al-queda? its well known they wernt even in iraq. wake up.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
Ohh if only you knew how expensive petrol prices were in the UK. £1.30 a litre in some places!

As a comparison (roughly): $3.50 a gallon would be $0.77 a litre? According to xe.com (money conversion website) that works out at £0.49 per litre!!

maybe yr government should stop overtaxing you? oh, thats right..brits are the most dominated slave-class in the western world. ur owned. stand up. your country full of spy cameras and elites is leading the way to the ugly end. stand up brits. the americans will stand with you.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer

Originally posted by Jenna
Despite popular belief, we did not go to war for oil nor do we get our oil from Iraq.

US Oil Imports
The top five exporting countries accounted for 69 percent of United States crude oil imports in October while the top ten sources accounted for approximately 85 percent of all U.S. crude oil imports. The top five sources of US crude oil imports for October were Canada (1,840 thousand barrels per day), Mexico (1,178 thousand barrels per day), Saudi Arabia (1,114 thousand barrels per day), Venezuela (887 thousand barrels per day), and Nigeria (812 thousand barrels per day). The rest of the top ten sources, in order, were Colombia (400 thousand barrels per day), Angola (311 thousand barrels per day), Algeria (259 thousand barrels per day), Kuwait (215 thousand barrels per day), and Ecuador (203 thousand barrels per day).

And for those who care, historical oil import data can be found here.

you are way to sane and rational to be in these forums, but i agree with you 100% , iraqs oilrights were done by bidding and sorry to tellthe uninformed in this thread but the u.s didn't recieve them.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Gixxer because: (no reason given)

multinational oil companies received those rights. thats the whole point. american blood paid for a war not for americans, but for multinational corporations. try to wake up please.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
as someone who pays more the 1.30 euro on a regular basis for a liter of petrol thanks to the wars in the middle east i feel a bit dumbfonded when looking at you "yanks" moaning about petrol prices ,

yes, there is no doubt the euros have been on the front lines of enslavement. so??? what is your point? we are fighting back, and u didnt?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by yankeesfan1000
It's not about where the oil is coming from, it's who profits from the sale of it. Iraq's neighbors have their oil nationalized so no companies profit of it, and have for 30 years or so. So the Bush Administration decided to draft Iraq's oil law for them. What it states is that 2/3 of the 112 billion proven barrels, it may be as high as 220 billion go to the Big Four, Exxon, Chevron, BP, and Royal Dutch Shell. The oil is overseen by the Iraqi Federal Oil and Gas Council, with which oil representatives may sit. It also does not require these companies to employ, or share drilling technologies with Iraqi's in any sense.

These deals are all stated in production service agreements, or PSAs. These have lives of up to 40 years, and contain what are called stabilization clauses that immunizes these agreements from any and all Iraqi legislation. For example, if a future Iraqi government wanted to introduce a minimum wage and an oil company was employing Iraqis and this effected the company's profit, the government would have to reimburse the company for their lose in profits, or the law would not apply to them.

The US Ambassador to Iraq Zalmay Khalilzad said, "This constitution was cooked up in an American kitchen not an Iraqi one." (www.alternet.org...) This also has the potential to shift the balance in power between these oil companies and OPEC. This has been an objective of big oil for decades. As long as OPEC has control of a majority of the worlds oil, they have the US by the....well you know.

the first thing the USA did after the war was to draft a new iraqi constitution that will allow corporations into the mix of iraqi oil. THE FIRST THING! yes.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
reply to post by urmenimu2

And just because the price of oil is low, doesn't mean that gas is going to be low. Depends on the refineries; if they aren't keeping up with demand, gas supplies will be low and the price high.

Do everyone a favor and drop the "We went to Iraq for oil" statement. It's so wrong it's not funny. If that were the case, we'd have stopped the war after overrunning the oil fields on the first days of the war.

are you insane? we went to iraq for oil corporations...multinationals... period. it is a national betrayal and the key linchpin in one world illuminati/corporate government. read the post above about how we drafted the iraqi constition to benefit multinational oil corporations. i am sorry sir, but i believe u have been brainwashed.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
reply to post by Jetman44

I watch international house hunters and one show was about a teacher moving there (Dubai) from USA.
She got a 65K allowance for housing. Most places are filled within a day of the previous tenant moving out. The real estate goes so fast that she didn't really have time to make up her mind about which place she wanted.

God did that place look awesome. I don't know much about it other than what was said on that show..but my god ever single place in that city looked immaculate. The realtor said the average citizen has a worth of 17 million dollars. She also went on and on about how they want the VERY best schools in the world and the best this and best that.
If I had the cash I might consider moving there!

sure, thats true. but fact is, dubai is a cultural wasteland. a nice apt. without a meaningful culture? must be a corporate/elite view of a meaningful life.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by jerico65

not only has our petrol prices sky rocketed , the U.S lobby machine went over here and "convinced" us to buy your
over produced corn for ethanol petrol, ...

petrol which burn at a such high temp that its distined to burn a gasket or set you on fire when tanking ,

i mean i just dont get it any more ,

you over produce corn for some dumb reason while you should be farming food,
you dont use it your self but you sell it abroad even thou there is no market for it here,
we are in a sence being forced to bring that heavily ethanol based petrol because of
global warming scare mongering into our daily rutine,

im just so pissed i cant even type words or formulate meanings when thinking about the share size of this global scam ,

kudos brother. they are reaming us here in the US the same way. we also hate ethanol and prefer food. its all part of their corporate games. civilization is dead.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I don't welcome it, I despise it. I'm moving out of the UK as soon as I get my masters degree (2 long years left)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
you are way to sane and rational to be in these forums

You're not the first to tell me that, and sometimes I agree.

Originally posted by urmenimu2
as i already stated, yes we did go to war for oil, for MULTINATIONAL OIL CORPORATIONS. get yr head out of the sand. are you saying we went to war for al-queda? its well known they wernt even in iraq. wake up.

I didn't even make a guess as to why we went to Iraq, so do us both a favor and don't attempt to put words in my mouth. I find it rather sad that even when shown hard data that disproves the "we went to Iraq for oil" claim, people still try to find a way to make the same statement true.

Take a minute to think about this logically and rationally. If we had gone to Iraq for oil, why would we still import most of our oil from Canada and Mexico? With as much as we import from two countries that are conveniently located right across the border, why would we go halfway around the world to 'take' oil from another country? What sense would that make? Wouldn't it make more sense to 'take' it from our neighbors? They're much closer, easier to get to, and we could send more people to take it over at once. Not that I'm advocating war with our neighbors, it's just a hypothetical question. Better yet, if we had gone to Iraq for the oil why on earth would we 'allow' Iraq to sell the rights to extract it to anyone other than us? We don't control who they sell it to, and if we'd gone there just for the oil we wouldn't still be getting most of ours through Canada and Mexico.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about folks. We're finally getting a reality check with regards to gasoline pricing. Maybe this will just encourage people to think twice about each and every trip they take. I remember the first $3.00/gallon gas spike several years ago. People in my neck of the woods were snapping up Vespas left and right to use for their daily errands etc. Then the Smart Car debuted and on and on and on.... SUV sales dropped and now they are rising again only to drop off again as gas prices continue to rise.

Time to get smart and time to open up US oil exploration again!!

We actually fight wars for a political stronghold in the pecking order of the world. Look at Afghanistan. We are failing in the same theater of war that put a spanking on the Soviets for NINE years. They fought to support the then sitting Marxist govt. of the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan against the Mujahideen which were supported by the US the UK and other nations including Muslim nations. Now we are fighting the same people we once supported because we now deem them to be a threat to international stability.

Same game in Iraq. We supported them in their War with Iran and later came back to topple the regime. Conventional warfare will never prevail in these theaters of combat due to the heavy restrictions placed on us regarding the rules of engagement. Our enemies in Afghanistan are hiding across the border in Pakistan for a reason.

It's more of a giant game of chess than a battle for oil. Oil is merely a component that fuels the war machine. A lot cheaper to fight a war with plenty of fuel at your doorstep.
edit on 7-1-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Bio diseal. Everyone save your cooking oil in a jar and take it to be recycled. Net flix
has a good movie on instant watching called Feul. It's very good.
Park your car at a fast food resteraunt and go in, no more gas burning drive throughs.
Run multiple errands twice a week.

I feel the fuel price increase was what started the whole recession in the first place, everything fell
a part from there.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Here's the real oil war for you

Oil prices are surging to levels that will soon crimp economic growth. And what's our government doing about it? Just making it worse.

Since President Obama took office in January 2009, the price of oil has rocketed 117% to $90.41 a barrel and gasoline has jumped 67% to $3.07 a gallon. In the 34 industrialized nations, oil imports have surged 34% in the last year to $790 billion. The U.S. alone has seen a $72 billion jump.

All this imperils a fragile recovery from the financial crisis. "Oil prices are entering a dangerous zone for the global economy," says Fatih Birol, chief economist at the International Energy Agency.

Given the clear threat, it's economically irrational to sit on our hands and fail to develop our own energy resources. At least 130 billion barrels of oil and trillions of cubic feet of natural gas lie offshore, and hundreds of billions of barrels more are locked in shale deposits in the Northeast and West. Yet our policy remains leaving this wealth alone.

More than mere incompetence is at work here. It's becoming more and more obvious that Obama's energy policy is meant to raise prices by making fossil fuels harder to produce and use. Indeed, the White House has followed a deliberate policy of attacking Americans' use of energy, turning it into something of a moral crusade.

In just two years, as Steve Everley of the American Solutions blog has noted, the Obama administration has:

• Virtually shut down oil drilling in the Gulf. Yes, the six-month moratorium announced during the BP oil spill ended in November. But regulators have made it nearly impossible for oil firms to restart operations and have slapped strict new rules on drilling even in shallow waters.

• Put hundreds of billions of barrels of offshore oil and gas off-limits to exploration and production. By executive order, the administration has taken much of the energy-rich Outer Continental Shelf out of play. This, according to the Energy Information Administration, will cut this year's output by 220,000 barrels a day.

• Canceled 77 existing drilling leases in Utah, one of Department of Interior Secretary Ken Salazar's first actions and a move that set the tone for the Obama administration's war on energy.

• Proposed new taxes on energy, including the cap-and-trade fiasco, that have had a chilling effect on new investment in energy. Steven Chu, Obama's energy secretary, has already let the cat out of the bag by saying he wants to see pump prices in the U.S. as high as they are in Europe. Last we checked, that was $7 a gallon.

www.investors.com...

Seems like a war filled with battles for greater government control over us.
edit on 7-1-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I understand that the UK and other places in the world have higher gas prices however here in the US rely on their Cars and trucks a little more ( only from my experience in traveling through Europe) And when I say rely I mean to use it to get to their jobs In EU i always saw people walking to work and walking around. In the US I think the 50-60 mile a day commute to work is a little more common then over in the UK (again at least from what I saw)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentStigma

I have to agree there..like where i live there is absolutely NO public transportation. It would be a pretty major ordeal to even have to walk to the grocery store which for me is about 2mi away. I mean I could do it if I had to but I would only come out of there with 1 - 2 bags..

How would a person even get to the next town? We have no buses, trains, shuttles...and I think there is only 1 cabbie in our whole town.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
the rockefellers and rothschilds are all mixed up in the oil game. im sick of those creeps.

i did not know 80% of the gas prices in the UK are taxes! i had to stop selling items to the UK, because they have been charging my customers 50 bucks JUST to pick up the toy! i send it to the person in the uk, but the government steps in, when it sees an import, and 'sends' it without my permission, or the buyers, to some third party 'delivery service.'

this delivery service is charging people 50 dollars for the 'right' to go pick it up.

i hate the rothchilds.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Take a minute to think about this logically and rationally. If we had gone to Iraq for oil, why would we still import most of our oil from Canada and Mexico?

The US did go into Iraq for oil!

It doesn't matter where the oil goes. What matters is that oil is bought and sold almost exclusively in US dollars. There are currently three main petroleum markers. (WTI, Brent, Dubai) All three are dominated by the US dollar. OPEC also prices its oil in US dollars.

This demand for US dollars allows Americans to live beyond their means because any country who isn't an oil exporter needs to purchase US dollars. (exporters receive "petrodollars") This is why it is said that the US went into Iraq for oil. Saddam was planning to sell oil in Euros. The plans were scrapped soon after Hussein was disposed of. Excellent article from Zmag:
www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

Yes, we did go to war with Iraq to capture all that oil. But no, we did not do it for America or the American people. The proof is in the pudding - gas prices.

That's looking at only one facet of oil. Read my comments above to understand the relationship between oil and the dollar.

The war in Iraq did help prop up the US dollar and as a result allowed even middle class Americans to continue living beyond their means. IMO, you could say that the US invasion of Iraq is helping its citizens. (no doubt it's also helping the Saudi Royal family.)
edit on 11/1/11 by ConspiracyNut23 because: added comments to OP

edit on 11/1/11 by ConspiracyNut23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I am just now learning about the concept of Peak Oil. I am currently reading Michael C. Ruppert's book Crossing The Rubicon. It is very enlightening so far. As a lot of American's, I had know idea how bad things really were (except at the fuel pumps). Are there any other good books or essays that anyone can recommend to me to help me better understand this concept? It would be much appreciated.

Regards,

E

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I think that the price of fuel is going to get worse. The thing to do is getting a car that gets more mileage out of a gallon.

The automobile industry does not want this, they have to be forced to make more fuel efficient cars. Over here in the euro-zone that's what is being done. Consumers are rewarded tax-breaks when buying fuel efficient (less polluting) cars.

There is money to be made so the race is on and more efficient cars are hitting the market. America seems to be lacking behind, but I think the demand will rise and the industry can't afford to not comply.

It's do or die when the US fuel price is going to catch up with Europe.

Here's a docu from 2008 about this subject. There is some dutch in it, but it's mostly good ol English.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Crude Oil at 97,20 right now...now that most of the US is experiencing Snow Storms,this will probably reach 100 soon...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join