It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is evidence of a sudden pole shift coming to light?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
formerthings.wordpress.com...

Here are some highlights from the Article:

"It is not only the direction but also the strength of this magnetic field that is a concern. In the time of dinosaurs, at an estimated 2.5 gauss, it was eighty percent stronger than it is now. This may have been one of the reasons such gigantic life forms thrived. It is now accepted that a catastrophic event ended the reign of giant reptiles."

"Does the magnetic field drop to zero gauss? Dire predictions follow upon the heels of this theory. Electronic devices would all be at risk: there may be damage to, or complete loss of, all near-earth-orbiting satellites and possibly the space station itself. Effects on life forms could range from migrating birds losing their sense of direction to immune system decline and even widespread die-off from radiation-induced cancers."

So we have seen:
Massive Weather Change
Massive Die-Offs
Source: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Unexplained cases of cancer
Source: www.msnbc.msn.com...

This last one is especially scary. The water supply is fine, and the air quality is better in that small town than many other towns even nearby(let alone places like LA where smog is rampant). The reasons for the increase in cancer are unkown and causing confusion. Could this be the magnetosphere breaking up over that part of the town?

We also just recently had the thread about the airport changing its runway to reflect new pole changes:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The common consensus is that pole changes are a slow and gradual process. However, when looking at it from my layman point of view, i see it being different.

Take two magnets: The closer they come to each other, the quicker they repel or attract. As the magnetosphere begins to change due to the sun, the poles on Earth will not only shift but they will shift rapidly. There could even be an entire flip overnight. If our magnets here on Earth will act this way, why would a magnet covering our Earth behave differently?
You may ask, well when you scale it the Earth is monstrously larger than any magnet we have. Of course, but so is the magnetic strength of the Earth. Hence, why we dont float up into space

Just my 2 cents.
edit on 6-1-2011 by demonseed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Take a sheet of paper and a childs football. If you puncture the football so the air comes up and then using a funnel, a blender and a heated mixture of iron fillings, refill the football, wrap it up in the paper and hold two magnets on both the top and bottom of the ball, you will see a more true to life representation of a pole reversal.
Unfortunately I dont have these items at hand. Perhaps another member could perform this experiment and report back.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Moonbeast1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

I don't know how to read the magnetic simulation graphs - any info on how to do that?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I agree trying to understand the pics and graphs is difficult for us regular folk. I have always thought the "Hab Theory" was elegant and answered many questions. I am thinking this is less spectacular?
edit on 6-1-2011 by Iamschist because: forgot the quotes, heh

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Coming? it's already happening

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by Condemned0625

I don't know how to read the magnetic simulation graphs - any info on how to do that?

It's difficult to explain exactly how to read the charts. Just look at the images and compare them with others. You can notice major fluctuations as the magnetic field bends and twists, along with the pressure from solar wind.

new topics

top topics

join