It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extrasensory perception paper published in respected journal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Extrasensory perception paper published in respected journal

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The Journal of Personality and Social Psychology plans to print "Feeling The Future", by Professor Daryl Bem later this year, which presents what he claims is strong evidence for extrasensory perception (ESP).

Prof Bem, of Cornell University, New York, said the results of nine experiments he had carried out on students over the past decade suggested humans could accurately predict random events.

His peer-reviewed work was described as "pure craziness" and "an embarrassment for the entire field" by scientists who allege it has serious flaws and that ESP is a myth.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-1-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To fix link.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We love our predictions and prophecies here at ATS, let's face it. Some of the most popular threads in recent months have been related to Baba Vanga, Revelations, False Flags attacks, Webbot and of course TMZ. We take them with a pinch of salt, but we still enjoy reading them. They are entertaining at the very least!

Now for the first time (to my knowledge at least) a paper about 'Extrasensory perception' has been published in a respected journal. Although I personally do not invest an awful lot of belief in the phenomena, I do enjoy just how worked up many scientists are getting over the issue. They are so certain of themselves and I would love to know how they got like that.

I for one do not deal in certainties so readily. After all, what mainstream science believed as reality just 20 years ago, has been altered, and we are constantly finding contradictions in the theories of some of the most respected members of the scientific community.

This article made me think of Peter Venkman's experiments in the Ghostbusters movies. Anyway I thought you might enjoy this, and hopefully more knowledgeable members can weigh in with their own opinions on the study. Cheers!

www.telegraph.co.uk...(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-1-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To fix link.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I know for a fact that the military uses all sorts of ESP in black operations. Has been for some time.

ESP is nothing new, either. It can be developed and honed, like any skill.

You could also say popular science is deliberately misleading... that may be too much of a conspiratorial idea for some, but it's true regardless.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I've had ESP all my life. For me, I don't need anymore proof in it. I've interacted with other dimensional beings, demons at times, ghosts, and dreamed the future in stunning detail. My future dreams were nearly always on a personal level involving people I knew and one time I even altered the outcome. Not in a major way, but one that I appreciated.

I astral travel almost nightly and am comfortable with it. It's just part of who I am. I come from a military family and my father was special ops. Oh, and I have seen two UFO's but despite my looking for them they don't just appear for me. I am also a soul healer and have the ability to see those wounds in others. I've never been on any psychiatric drugs and none of this has ever happened to me in some drug induced state.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

ESP has been demonstrated scientifically a long while ago. Unfortunately, many so called sceptics will never accept the evidence.

The reasons for that are on the SCEPCOP site. You may have to ignore some of the figures mentioned on the site (like David Icke) but the basic premises are true.

Background

The Paranormal is one of the most exciting frontiers today. Research into Consciousness, Quantum Physics and Psychic Phenomena, etc. explores venues that are unlocking the mysteries of the universe and gateways to other dimensions or levels of reality and consciousness. These provide deeper insights into a larger nature of reality, revealing insights into the meaning of existence and spawning hope for a better future in which humanity's consciousness and awareness are elevated to new heights, transcending greed, lust for power, hatred, violence, ignorance, and the confines of a materialistic paradigm that keeps us living in fear. Therefore, the study of the Paranormal is a key stepping stone for humanity's next stage of evolution.

However, standing in the way are groups of organized fundamentalists who call themselves "skeptics" but in reality know nothing about the true meaning of the word nor practice it. In fact, they've hijacked the word to mean its opposite. Rather than inquiring, or asking questions to try to understand something, they seek to debunk, discredit and ridicule anything that doesn't fit into their belief system.
Source: Scientific Committee to Evaluate Pseudoskeptical Claims of the Paranormal (SCEPCOP)

new topics

top topics

join