It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HHS is Paying Google with Taxpayer Money to Alter 'Obamacare' Search Results

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

www.weeklystandard.com

The brazenness of the Obama administration never ceases to amaze. Try typing "Obamacare" into Google, and you'll find that the first entry is now the Obama administration's www.healthcare.gov. If you don't particularly like that result, you'll probably hate the fact that you're paying for it.
You'll get the same paid-for result if you type in "Obamacare facts," "Obamacare summary," "Obamacare info," "Obamacare overview," "Obamacare questions," "Obamacare explanation," "Obamacare basics," "Obamacare pros and cons," "Obamacare and elderly," and even "Obamacare and abo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Where do these people get off? The American public has already spoken about Obamanation care. We turned out the demoncrats in order to protest it, among other things. Now, realizing how much we hate it, they blatantly try to buy us? How stupid can people be to fall for this tripe? They specifically avoid telling such painful truths as the over 300 billion dollar projected increase in health care costs. They fail to mention the loading up of medicare with more members, when we cannot even afford to fully fund it now. How do we get rid of these thugs? What will it take to rid us of the regime? I mean seriously, why are my tax payer dollars being used to finance changing the public's opinion on a topic I oppose?

www.weeklystandard.com

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Discusting...

what does it take for people to GET MAD these days...

FIRE UP you panzies.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Really now? I searched for Obamacare and the first two links are wikipedia and a right wing propaganda website. Should I be outraged?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Regardless of ones stance upon the Health Care legislation, this type of information warfare will become more common ground.

In what bill did we give the power of the Department of Health and Human Services the ability to spend their budgeted monies in such a manner? Oh wait, no reporter will ever dig that deep...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Now you should be outraged because they spent your tax money to be 1st rank on google but they are 3rd rank or higher

PS: could have different ranks based on region you are searching from

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

I believe it is the paid returns. The Government is making sure that the 'sponsored links' point to them. This is, in my opinion, more directed towards novice users of the Internet such as elderly persons and little kids.

I haven't ever intentionally clicked onto a 'sponsored ad' once for information.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
they are probably paid search results, who cares? Infact, if anything, it's good that they are making sure people are getting the facts straight from the source instead of some whacko based site that hates the plan.

I would spend more time being upset over other topics

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
perhaps if you used a google adwords account and created an "obamacare" campaign you'd realize how little it costs to have the position and how few searches there are for it. Try to contain your outrage.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is horrible and it shows that Obama zombies are hypocrites. The Government shades the truth and of course the Government website will try to plaint a rosy picture of Obamacare.

If Bush would have did the same thing with the war these hypocrites who say this is fine would be screaming that Bush is a Dictator.

I would complain about this if Bush did it or Obama. People need to learn how to think for themselves instead of kissing the feet of a Republican or Democrat.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
try obamacare conspiracy
1st one will take you to satans rapture think i'll give it a miss
rightwing sight [says so]
The Volokh Conspiracy
conspiracy planet

there is always a way
star and flag
thanks for the heads up I've been noticing that paid search results are on the rise.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

www.weeklystandard.com

The brazenness of the Obama administration never ceases to amaze. Try typing "Obamacare" into Google, and you'll find that the first entry is now the Obama administration's www.healthcare.gov. If you don't particularly like that result, you'll probably hate the fact that you're paying for it.
You'll get the same paid-for result if you type in "Obamacare facts," "Obamacare summary," "Obamacare info," "Obamacare overview," "Obamacare questions," "Obamacare explanation," "Obamacare basics," "Obamacare pros and cons," "Obamacare and elderly," and even "Obamacare and abo

Yep. They paid for "search optimization". Should have cost them maybe 2k-5k. I cannot stand Obama, and hate Obamacare. I hope it is repealed.

But i see nothing wrong with this. His job as our POTUS is to communicate his plans to the people in the most effective way he can. Search optimization is a cost effective way to make sure that he is getting to pitch his ideas to The People.

From there, it is The People's job to maybe click on a few more options, and get some other input. We cannot keep him from communicating just because people are too stupid or lazy to click on the 5th link down on a Google search page.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
try obamacare conspiracy
1st one will take you to satans rapture think i'll give it a miss
rightwing sight [says so]
The Volokh Conspiracy
conspiracy planet

there is always a way
star and flag
thanks for the heads up I've been noticing that paid search results are on the rise.

Yup. i paid for it for my business. it is worth it if you are trying to make money.

but it also makes your average search engine a joke if you are looking for user generated feedback in search results.

i guess it doesn't really matter in the end. On one hand you have a paid for slot on the search engine. On the other you have adolescent supported meme's creating "trolling" trends (look up "autocomplete me" for more information). Neither system is too valuable for the researcher.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

thanks for the tip
lots of lulz amidst some pretty disturbing stuff
going to make sure i get a good dose of lolcats when I'm finished.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

i think this one is apropos
to OP's intent i mean
edit on 6-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added stuff

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

this thread title needs changed to say "Bull crap" or "hoax" or whatever.

There is zero truth to the b.s. contained in the OP. THe search results are completely different.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

this thread title needs changed to say "Bull crap" or "hoax" or whatever.

There is zero truth to the b.s. contained in the OP. THe search results are completely different.

So, really? Did you google it yourself?
edit on 6-1-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: To remove image.

edit on 6-1-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: To remove some dangerous information from the original image.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If I were looking for information about "Obamacare" I might want a link to the government's healthcare site and not several pages of right-wing slam sites but that's not the way it works. I tried the Google search of Obamacare and after Wikipedia there was obamacaretruth.org some YouTube, Fox News, CBS News, 20 ways Obamacare will take away your freedom, etc., etc.

So people not fact check before posting on ATS any more? Doing a Google search is tough work, I know. Whatever the righteous right sees fit to print they expect people to believe without checking, is that it?

Hoax bin?

Edit - I see the OP posted just before mine. I have searched several times and afterwards and do not get the same search results as suggested. Thanks for posting that, I think I may want to get info from the govt site to start.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Do you not see it right there as the first listing?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
And that boys and girls is one of the reasons why I refuse to use google.. Will stick with baidu as get better search results ..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join