It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Did God Create Satan?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sectumsempra
Satan is a difficult character to explain. One of the biggest taboo names in today's world. Being Jewish I view Satan as an Angel of G-d who job is to tempt humans. In the Jewish religion angels have no free will and cannot lie.
Does Judaism believe in Satan?
Who is Satan?

Then it begs the question: Why, if your angles have no free will, would you allow one to have such power over Man that God has so professedly stated His love for?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Maybe that is the plan?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abovo
This is an interesting perspective i largely agree. However, what does this say about eventuality? Is the fate of mankind to be continually subject to evil or is their a progression? Will we always struggle or will their ever be a era where mankind is completely free of evil?

That's a great question, I wish we had all the answers. We are supposed to have 1000 years of peace with Christ reigning over the earth...how can we have freewill if there is no evil....or....when we enter heaven do we have freewill? Satan cannot influence heaven so when we enter does freewill remain at the door? I'm of the belief that in heaven we don't need freewill...during my NDE I stood in the light and I wanted for nothing else....it was....well...heaven....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by Abovo
This is an interesting perspective i largely agree. However, what does this say about eventuality? Is the fate of mankind to be continually subject to evil or is their a progression? Will we always struggle or will their ever be a era where mankind is completely free of evil?

That's a great question, I wish we had all the answers. We are supposed to have 1000 years of peace with Christ reigning over the earth...how can we have freewill if there is no evil....or....when we enter heaven do we have freewill? Satan cannot influence heaven so when we enter does freewill remain at the door? I'm of the belief that in heaven we don't need freewill...during my NDE I stood in the light and I wanted for nothing else....it was....well...heaven....

We are supposed to have 1000 years of peace with Christ reigning over the earth...how can we have freewill if there is no evil.

This is a mystery in itself. Knowledge of the mechanism of peace [what it is in the macro and micro] needs further investigation. Common sense would dictate that in order for mass, external, peace to be possible mass, internal, peace is requisite.

This, external peace, can't be forced [or we would merely be slaves under the lash] but must needs be a willing desire dependent on internal peace, then the external will flourish as a natural result. This is based on the presumption that God is LOVE. [There is a small ? mark though, related to a verse which says he rules with an iron rod, which implies that uncooperative, societal, elements may still exist.] Whatever the case, this particular idea should be examined further.

when we enter heaven do we have freewill? Satan cannot influence heaven so when we enter does freewill remain at the door? I'm of the belief that in heaven we don't need freewill...

I would agree.

during my NDE I stood in the light and I wanted for nothing else....it was....well...heaven....

Glads you decided to stick around and help out

edit on 19-1-2011 by Abovo because: diction

edit on 19-1-2011 by Abovo because: ^

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
That is very complicated....I think I'd need 1000 years to understand the meaning of your post. It is my opinion that God gave us direction that is translated in a very simple manner. His direction should never be difficult to follow.

If you could express your view in those terms I would love to read them.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

The simple answer is loving-kindness. However, because of freewill, such a state of mind ever remains a flight of fancy.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
reply to post by Abovo

I totally agree and understand what you mean with the solomonic sense of evil. One is somehow protected for it to grow further. Do you read?

Hello again,

For the sake of others who may not have the foggiest what Solomon's concept of evil was it can be expressed in a single word: Vanity

Ecclesiastes 1:14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit. [KJV]

In short, it's safe to assume that Solomon considered the simple act of living [and associated social phenomena] to be a vain undertaking which invariabley leads to internal [psycho- spiritual] discord [vexation]. If one were to just take a glimpse at the tumultuous world in which we live a correlation might be seen.

Originally posted by etherical waterwave One is somehow protected for it to grow further. Do you read?

My etherical waterwave valve is set to "trickle." I would rather not speculate on what you mean but will give it a try. Do you mean that an individual is protected against evil?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

What do you mean power over man? All comes from G-d. It would be foolish for anyone to turn their backs on G-d. There are many things of the world that make us turn our backs against G-d and basically we have the Free Will to chose to follow the laws of G-d or give in to our temptation. Who I am to question G-d on the actions of his views of using Satan to tempt man? I would like to point out that when the Messiah comes G-d will be the finial judge if mankind. Satan is not an angel that deserves all the hate. We need to look into ourselves and ask what can I do to do better in the world. Even if you don't believe in G-d you can still do good needs and G-d will bless you according to you deeds.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
reply to post by etherical waterwave

I guess my point is if abandoning God is caused by evil but evil didn't exist we would have no freewill.

Freewill means choice....if the root of evil (Satan) didn't exist we would be Gods robot army with no freewill....we would have to love and follow him....God didn't want that...which is why the root of evil needs to exist....it gives us freewill.

There must be a difference between free will and doing evil. Love can work out of a person on the person self to cool down. By your own love one knows what to do. Doing evil acts always origin from a second party (mostly), when it is no physical party it comes from might be demons and evil spirits maybe even Satan himself?. We just need to jerk them away.

Maybe it is right to see free will for doing things here on earth like work and such, and to choose to interact to people, whom you might like to communicate with.

Sometimes free will is used for useless issues, just to make time pass.

Is doing nothing done by a choice made? Where do we origin from.

interesting thread.

The issue is loving is no hard to do. To make choices in love. It is how you are.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by Sectumsempra
Satan is a difficult character to explain. One of the biggest taboo names in today's world. Being Jewish I view Satan as an Angel of G-d who job is to tempt humans. In the Jewish religion angels have no free will and cannot lie.
Does Judaism believe in Satan?
Who is Satan?

Then it begs the question: Why, if your angles have no free will, would you allow one to have such power over Man that God has so professedly stated His love for?

Angels always behold the face of the father.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Love stands above free will, love encompasses free will.
Free will lacks in what love can do. Free will is subordinate to love. Free will is typically human. I just said some things.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Abovo

Our free will will be guided by love (God)..? So we don't need to loose this possibility to act. Might be we lose it? Free will is to be functional here on earth.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sectumsempra

In some situations free will can be a rescuer.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Love stands above free will, love encompasses free will.
Free will lacks in what love can do. Free will is subordinate to love. Free will is typically human. I just said some things.

That's an interesting thought.

I need some time to think about it to be honest.

It's getting late in the AZ desert (1:30am) I hope to be sleeping soon so I'll get back to the discussion tomorrow. Thanks everyone for a compelling and friendly discussion.

Good Night all....
edit on 1/20/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

WHY CREATE A FAILING EXPERIMENT??? Sorry for the all caps but I have asked this of many and the answers are lackluster at best.

Maybe your initial question is already so biased that it's impossible to give you a satisfying answer?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Look, nobody can answer your logical questions. When the Abrahamic religions personified God they created more questions than answers. The usual cop out is that God's plan is mysterious and we humans cannot know it.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sectumsempra

That conflicts with a benevolent God. Why create something just to tempt people away from yourself?

This would be like me hiring another guy to continually tempt my wife only so I can prove to myself that my wife loves me? Should not her actions and word be enough to make me believe that she does love me?

If this is so, then God is vain. Which is not what I believe, which is why I do not believe in some creature from the abyss that has the only goal (and apparently job given by God) to turn God's creations' eyes away from God.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

That will not stop me from asking. Please don't tell me that I am seeking that which cannot be found until I have exhausted all avenues or have died.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Good luck then!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

G-d works in mysterious ways. G-d even mentions he is a jealous G-d.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join