It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS been banned in Israel ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Israel's international airport has banned some websites from its onsite wireless internet access. Sites deemed dangerous cannot be accessed by travelers passing through the airport.

It seems a pretty pointless step since said travellers will no doubt be able to access the sites soon after they leave Ithe airport and get home.

It made me wonder if ATS would fall into the dangerous category.

Source

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You cant have people reading about strange and unusual events when they should be spending money on overpriced coffee and sandwiches(this probably applies to any airport)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I seriously doubt it. I would say ATS is pro-Israel to the extent that real dirt on Israel make the occasional appearance but nothing major and it doesn't garner enough attention usually. Plus, you have known pro-Israeli users who will come to the defense of Israel and shut everyone down through blatant unfairness and ignorance. I myself have become desensitize to being fair and looking at both sides because neither side wants to have a middle ground but I digress...

Banned websites in Israel are probably little to deeply critical of Israel or may be pro-Wikileaks or pro-Palestinian. Those sites are probably the ones deemed dangerous.
edit on 6-1-2011 by DevilJin because: no reason

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It seems worrying that in a supposedly free, democratic, western, paid for by US, country that political cencorship can take place.

It's a small step towards total cencorship of the internet, like they have in China or NK .... don't you think ?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

No it has not.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

No it has not.

What he said. Second line...

top topics

join