It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whiny Man with Misogynistic Blog Declares, to Crickets, He Is Boycotting American Women

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You've been lucky if this is among the nastiest woman hating you've seen on the net. He is critical of popular trends among American women specifically and makes it clear that he appreciates women who are not selfish, gold-digging cheaters and slobs (his introductory criticism is leveled entirely against that kind of woman).

You've obviously never found real misogyny online and can't recognize it for what it is. This thread is like an afro-american playing the race card because someone online says that rap isn't music, or a Jew playing the anti-semitism card because someone online criticizes Israel. You are cheapening the sexism card when you play it against people who have obviously been hurt and obviously vocalize the real problems of many people. Note that the blog is mostly made up of posts from people other than the author and you will see that he is not a 'lone misogynist' but someone giving voice to every man that has been burned by 'American women' in the past.

P.S. Your thread title immediately dismisses his claims out-of-hand as invalid. That is unfair and it does nothing to improve gender relations.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

erm Smedley

"This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!"

I don't think we are reading the same article. Also his thoughts seem to have a lot of background resonance with some of the Nuts on ATs. There is a greneral whinny section of men that just cry because of their consistent inability to learn from previous relationship failures.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
I don't think we are reading the same article. Also his thoughts seem to have a lot of background resonance with some of the Nuts on ATs. There is a greneral whinny section of men that just cry because of their consistent inability to learn from previous relationship failures.

I have never had anything to do with females ever, and they absolutely set out to destroy my life.

I would be dead now or in prison if it was there way and i have never committed a crime ever, so these people go round planning pre meditated murder using police and gov and its ok as its females and they can just make it up.

But thats ok with you as a female is allowed to want to have my life destroyed as i did nothing to that gender ever.

Amazing how people justify there beliefs on nothing, and try to have a go at people for speaking truths.

If your aiming at people like me, thats my response to you but if your not, i am speaking for the others who will speak out.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I think that we are reading the same article. Boycotting American women is not the same thing as boycotting all women.

I don't think it's fair to blame the blog author for his possible failed relationships and his failure to find a working one. A recurring problem mentioned by posters on that blog is that American women are increasingly unwilling to settle down and commit to a relationship. Part of the reason that these men don't have functional relationships with American women is that American women do not want functional relationships. I'm not saying that it is the women's fault, but it doesn't seem to me that it is the man's fault, either.

I can articulate for the authors what they seem unable to say for themselves. The problem is not that a woman was born in America and that this makes her bad. The problem is that the American culture, insofar as it targets women, creates anti-feminine, masculized women that are not suitable marriage material.

The fact that these blog authors are looking for a committed relationship and cannot find it indicates to me that they are more 'feminine' than the women that they are complaining about - and that is an ancient, worldwide critique of popular feminism, that it turns women into militant, woman-hating men and emasculates biological males.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by tiger5

I think that we are reading the same article. Boycotting American women is not the same thing as boycotting all women. I don't think it's fair to blame the blog author for his possible failed relationships and his failure to find a working one. A recurring problem mentioned by posters on that blog is that American women are increasingly unwilling to settle down and commit to a relationship.

Are you the same guy that wrote so well about the Xenophobia in the USA?? The recurring problem must be that American women are demanding a say in how the relationship is being managed. THis nitwit and his ilk want to be lord and master in the home and the woman to get back to feudal serfdom. That is entirely non-progressive in fact it is a retrograde social step. I must have been lucky when I was single I found a cross section of women some slightly masculine some very feminine and as an equal opportunity person I made sure I dated blacks whites and all shades in between (heheheh)

Personally I have lived by a simple rule. There is only one man in the house -said man will cook, clean, clean dirty nappies and look after small mamals ( even cats which are by nature vile animals). All I say to women is give me the respect that you would want for your self. OK I met a few gold diggers but I know women have to put up with lazy oafs. Also some women would test the boundaries but all was fair.

I was in the ghettos of Harlem up town Detroit, Miami and Big Island. All I saw was women and not particularly masculinised. I hope you were meeting diesel dykes as they are a special case but have a right to be.

As a parent of girls I don't want them hanging with lazy bums, wifebeaters, morons or idiots with substance abuse issues.

edit on 7-1-2011 by tiger5 because: typo

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Some of the men on that blog are just short of screaming "Get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich," it's true. Still, I don't think that this completely invalidates what other posters are saying and I'm not blaming women or men for this problem.

The real problem that I see here is that the spread of feminism makes the overthrow of masculine gender roles necessary. Men have to become feminine in order to take on some of the tasks that are traditionally designated 'women's work,' and they have to take on increasingly feminine personality traits to make up for the loss of 'spiritual' or 'emotional' femininity. This in itself is fine and dandy, but some men are unwilling or unable to become more feminine. They need a feminine presence in their lives, and they find themselves increasingly isolated by a society in which women are becoming less feminine and men becoming more feminine.

edit: short version; There are fewer really feminine women than there used to be, and men that need very feminine companions, perhaps men that truly appreciate such companionship, are rightly frustrated by the shortage of women filling traditional roles with traditional personalities.

Now, I don't think that feminine women don't exist anymore. I do think that our society is open enough and progressive enough that women will continue to adopt what are traditionally considered masculine traits - and that this will be widely accepted. I think it goes both ways, really. The acceptance of the gay movement in America means that it becomes easier for men to take on feminine roles. Personally, I think that both masculine and feminine traits are necessary for the well-being of society and the individual. If a man is unable to find sufficiently 'feminine' women, then I think he has every right to feel disappointed or frustrated.

P.S. Yes I wrote that xenophobia thread. I don't think I'm really defending misogyny here, but I guess I am trying to 'rehabilitate' apparent misogynists. What a mystery I am

edit on 7-1-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

P.P.S.

as an equal opportunity person I made sure I dated blacks whites and all shades in between (heheheh)
hehehehe
Variety is the spice of life
edit on 7-1-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

The only reoccuring problem are posts like yours.

There are no absolutes.

Just as some woman want to live as free independants, and some men prefer that. Some men want more traditional wives and they are going to where they can find it.

And I take great insult to your comments, my wife is far more educated than either you or I will ever be (she has Phd Engineering), but she got sick of the rat race and wanted a more traditional relationship, luckily for me.

By your estimation I am now essentially a knuckle dragging ape that beats my wife and sits on my arse all day long.

Just because some want traditional and some want what you call "progressive" doesn't make either wrong or right.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think that the feminist movement actually taught men that we too could have a variety of different roles. I don't think that we men have been feminised at all. I am noty a feminist as I still like contact sports and play as a veteran ( over 50) and also like what has been called the macho side of life.

I still feel that they are bloggers just are bunch of kids who can't get their way. They are dinosaurs who will not go quietly into extiction. Face it most of us are serial monogamists. We do not swear off women just because we meet a dud?
edit on 7-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Younger generations of men are definitely more feminised, or comfortable with feminisation, than older generations are. Consider the long-haired freaky people of the 60s and 70s; consider Justin Bieber of the 2010's. We are a society that is gradually accepting soft-bodied androgyny (not that there's anything wrong with that).

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

The feminist movement didn't "teach" men anything, nor was it designed too.

The problem is we have one movement that has been challenging traditional roles for going on 50 years, however it has only really put effort into teaching one half of the relationship equation.

But, instead of trying to teach men a new way, they belittle the men that don't bend immediately.

Now, I know this doesn't hold true for the whole movement (my are has two groups, one that is wildly fanatical and one that has changed their name to "equalists"), but it may hold true in the areas these men are from...we just don't know.

So before passing wildly assinine judgements on them, try to think throught the myriad of possibilities that could be happening, versus what you "think" is happening.
edit on 7-1-2011 by peck420 because: I'm sure there is more grammatical errors...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by tiger5

The feminist movement didn't "teach" men anything, nor was it designed too.

The problem is we have one movement that has been challenging traditional roles for going on 50 years, however it has only really put effort into teaching one half of the relationship equation.

But, instead of trying to teach men a new way, they belittle the men that don't bend immediately.

Now, I know this doesn't hold true for the whole movement (my are has two groups, one that is wildly fanatical and one that has changed their name to "equalists"), but it may hold true in the areas these men are from...we just don't know.
edit on 7-1-2011 by peck420 because: I'm sure there is more grammatical errors...

Straw man!

Actually we were all fighting various oppressions in the late 70s early 80s. I was there and interracting with feminists. you were not there and may have been away from the alternative scene. There were seperatist feminsits and the wonderful feminist integrationists and we would argue back and forth. these were good arguments because we learnt different perspectives. I was fascinated becasue i had no sisters and did indoor and outdoor chores as a kid.

You never had those experiences so speak for yourself!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Okay I get ya know. you are equating the metrosexuals to feminisation or part of it. Well there are still many young men that are not feminised. I think there is actually a more significant social manifestation of hypermasculinity. Think of Rap, films and general saturday night behaviour around bars and nightclubs.

I also note that the cosmetic companies also keep pushing male cosmetics.

However if you are correct wouldn't the relationships between these men and women be easier? They would leave gthe toilet seat down for example.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

You're right I never had those experiences.

And you never had to experience feminist studies as a mandatory course in school.

You never had to grow up and be educated in a system that LITERALLY told you that you were wrong because you were a boy. Some of us had the joy of growing up in this.

But, you can not assume that everyone's experiences were the same, and you have to try to take that into account before judging others.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by tiger5

You're right I never had those experiences.

And you never had to experience feminist studies as a mandatory course in school.

You never had to grow up and be educated in a system that LITERALLY told you that you were wrong because you were a boy. Some of us had the joy of growing up in this.

But, you can not assume that everyone's experiences were the same, and you have to try to take that into account before judging others.

Touche.

For the record I am against compulsory feminist studies and black history month ( told ya I was equal opps). I do not want the state involved in certain personal aspects of education. THere is every risk that they will put their own agenda in. How better to promulgate anti woman sexism than to teach feminist studies badly.

I was taught Jane Austen's ( a feminist darling) Northanger Abbey so badly that I can't abide that bloody author now 35 years after!

So do you agree with the blogger?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I don't agree with the bloggers words, but I do have some sympathy for where they may be coming from.

I try to think of myself as an equalist, which I think I am not to far from.

But, I still have some old habits that I will eventually get rid of
edit on 7-1-2011 by peck420 because: Wow that came out so poorly.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

The club scene is huge with metrosexuals, it's their chance to show off their new threads!

I agree, there is a lot of hypermasculinity going on, I think to compensate for the undermasculinity of some men and the increasingly masculinity of some women. I don't know which demographic group is larger, though. In any case, traditional male/female roles seem to be eroding in favour of extremes.

I leave the toilet seat down! I think a large part of feminization/feminism for men is that they begin to adopt habits that are compatible with women's desires and needs without being ordered to. Taking women into consideration as equals when we plan our conduct is key.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am interested in this and sim topics, in a general way. And how people's perceptions might affect me.

I decided that I can't really debate it - because I'm rather odd. I'm outside of it all. I've lead an unusual life and went down a strange path. Some was choice, some circumstance.

I do not wish to be discriminated against, or judged though.

I'm female, btw. And I am rather weird

I don't care if people judge me for what I have done - I gotta do what I gotta do.

It does sometimes bother me, some things, like men who think women who workout are "butch". Hey, I'm trying to keep in shape for my health, and although I'm fairly young - I think I'm getting Arthritis
And then there are the men who complain of "fat" women - well it seems as if you are damned if you do and damned if you don't, eh?

So - do what you wanna do! And if people don't like it - well - you know how the rest of the saying goes

I don't take some of these misogynist rants so seriously neither - either the person is angry, and/or - they're trying to be controversial on purpose to gain a following. Or deliberately baiting arguments. Some combo thereof.

HotBakedTater - You should DEFINITELY go to school! You are a good writer and debater also, you would do well in this arena as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Totally off topic, but anywho.

I think that hypermasculinity is just a cop out.

It is the easy way of pretending to have the "manly" traits of our fathers and forefathers.

However, as my father told me, to be a man you need to only be as strong of arm as required, but you need to be strong of heart for your whole family.

I'm guessing it sounds far more poetic in Polish...not 100% sure on that.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, now I've had some thoughts on the "Metrosexual" idea -

In some ways, it is not what people think. I live in an urban area - greatest city in the USA! Or in the entire World! -As one local DJ says
- Point being - as you can imagine - this place is crawling with Hipsters. I am one too, I will admit

Also crawling with "Yuppies", "Biz Types", etc, anything you can imagine. And some take it seriously, might even be "who they are" and they do care so to speak, and some are just "posers". Goes for whatever type of people.

Now back to the "Hipsters": Some of these people - really work hard and bust their butts. There *is* a legit art scene here, as well as fashion, and music - of all kinds - and you *can* get work in these businesses here, from low level to high level - but you have to hustle as you do with most lines of work.

And of course in "the arts" you have to work even somewhat harder. There's alot of talented people out there. Esp in a large urban area. People come here for that - to study it, work in it, buy and sell it. You have to hustle.

And there are many who are hard workers - how else will you get ahead? Sure, "connections" and "networking" , and ass kissing and further, go on too - just like *any other biz*.

And some of these "Artists" DO work hard and do try. Don't sneer at a person in ratty clothes smoking cheap cigs and drinking PBR - they might be selling paintings for 10K a pop

I'm an "outside observer" on this too, I am a Biz Person, on the technical side. But I hang around with these types of people, I live in the "Hipster" area LOL
And - there is the idea of "support the local arts" etc.
I go to local shows, will wear local designers' clothes and tell others where I got them - there are serious sides to this, hard working people. People try to help each other out, too - it is not all "fake".

And people come from all over the world to buy things here. There is a large, legit market. Another example - some "construction guy" sorts here - who perhaps even moved here - to do more "custom" and unique work. Construction Hipster

Which I suppose is yet more example of why we need to look at people *as individuals*. And get to know them.

"Hipsters" and "Metrosexuals" (as well as "Yuppies" and "Biz Jerks", and anyone of course) are not necessarily what you might imagine. Hey - even John Wayne took a bath and wore suits and stuff too!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Hey. I think this is more of a psychological thing.

I have been cheated on by my first three, American girlfriends. I have never dated one since. I know it's not right to generalize, but it's in my "head" now that American's are going to cheat on me. I was totally in love with all of them, and had my heart broke so bad it hurt me for a long time. It's like a little kid that gets bit by a dog and grows a fear of them the rest of his life. It's not entirely his fault. And I know not all American girls are like this of course, but I can't find myself to ever trust one again and I don't really mean to, it's just in my head. But girls all over the world are different. That is a fact, not saying American girls are better or worse, but they are different.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join