It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whiny Man with Misogynistic Blog Declares, to Crickets, He Is Boycotting American Women

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I don't agree on "damaged goods". It's just not going to be easy for them to start over after all the abuse they've been through with the bad boys.

Instead of trying to be a strong independent woman or trying to be a submissive slave, women should look at their life, figure out their goals and follow those. Don't try to be one or the other.

Just Be.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Thank you, I am 41, I hope I can get into a school, afford to go, and make it at my age, but I am going to go for it. I plan to work in eastern Kentucky as soon as I get my degree. I feel this calling to serve, and know that without a skill, I won't be able to offer as much. One of my idols is Mother Teresa. Of course, my family thinks I am crazy, sigh.

There are plenty of feminist American women like me who do not fit this mold these men like this blogger seem to want to toss us in.

Good goals.. I mean it. Do what calls you and thats when you can really make a difference. I aspire to be someones answered prayer or wish as often as possible if its by word or action.. you can be your own Mother T. To actually change someone in a positive way is a real power. You do what you feel is right regardless of what family or anyone else thinks or says. Its smart to fulfill your own destiny.. to write it yourself.. rather than let others dictate what your own meaning of life is.

Oh and as far as the silly people who are like this blogger.. more power to them. At least they are out of the running to annoy any normal single American woman. IMO a REAL feminist is something that hasnt been written or spoken about in the mainstream and is too scary of an idea for the male dominated society we live in.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

I don't agree on "damaged goods". It's just not going to be easy for them to start over after all the abuse they've been through with the bad boys.

Instead of trying to be a strong independent woman or trying to be a submissive slave, women should look at their life, figure out their goals and follow those. Don't try to be one or the other.

Just Be.

Doesnt matter what the reason is..their fault or not though they CHOOSE to be in that situation if they CHOOSE a "bad boy"... they are still effected or damaged. I may like someone, but I dont have the skills or desire to deal with someone else's dramatic issues. Someone else may have the desire or skills. Im giving my opinion.
I have to question the mentality of a woman who desires the bad boys and all of the BS drama that goes along with them. IMO bad boys are usually weak and putting up a front anyway. If someone goes out of their way to effect a "look" or manner in which to pidgeonhole themselves, they are not very desirable to me even initially regardless of looks, money, or station in life. They are a "type" that attracts another kind of "type".. IMO they both deserve each other and all of the fallout they both endure due to their silly choices. Then all of a sudden when they endure all of these horrible things they want to attract someone who has NOT made those mistakes? I have to question that.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I applaud any misogynistic male, (to call such people "men" would be a misnomer,) who boycotts women. The more misogynists who keep away from women the better.

I've been treated attrociously by some men. I've also known wonderful men who have earned permanent places in my heart. And there are plenty of men who can say the same about women.

Neither sex is superior. It's just people of either sex tend to make themselves vulnerable to the opposite sex, so they see both the best and the worst the opposite sex has to offer. Love has been proved to be blind, and aroused men have been proved to show poor judgement, and many people, both male and female, are interested in "winning" in a relationship rather than loving. So it's not surprising a certain number of both men and women end up bitter and miserable.

However people who let their bad experiences twist them into permanent hatred of a whole gender, believing they are all the same, are idiots. These morons would be doing the world a favour if they boycotted humanity and found a little, sinking deserted island to drown on.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think a lot of people in this thread are missing the point. The blog isn't boycotting all women. It's boycotting the 'typical American' women. There's a big difference.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Before I say anything else, one thing really struck me... "American women are more likely to grow fat". Umm... Lol? When does that really matter? If you love someone, you love them regardless of how many pounds they would put on. I just felt like that was really shallow of him, and kinda tainted everything else he said.

But as other posters have posted already, this too has happened to me. My ex for example. Super abusive, psycho who has gone over to hurting our child. I'm not holding what she did against all woman, be they American, European or other. (Although it has left me with massive trust issues...)

Like I've said in a few posts... Rash generalization is never good. Be they about race, religion or gender. There will always be the exception to the norm. And if you're unlucky, you'll meet the wrong people leaving you disenchanted like this blogger is.

He just needs to open his eyes a little more. Maybe he's looking in all the wrong places?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
...way to generalize a whole nation of diverse people...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
im boycotting americans all together. had enough of you people

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Problem being that I could say a lot of the same thing about American men, so I think it's safe to say that American society in general has gone straight down the tubes.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

OK, I pretty much agree with him.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Phhhhhht!!! Geez, the stories I could tell about American men! And one foreign one, but far more American ones! Maybe we should all just boycott each other?

This dude has issues. Maybe he's just trying to justify paying for a mail order bride? Somehow, I bet American women aren't very fond of him either, hehe.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thank goodness for dumb men who make it more difficult to spread their genes by avoiding local.

We all greatly appreciate your lack of contribution to the culture.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Seriously, is it really so wrong that I have my own personality? Having dreams, ambitions, and having one's own mind is a human trait; such things are not, nor have they ever been, exclusive to the male of the species.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I was interested to see some posts in here bringing up Aspergers. I wish ATS would have a Psychiatry/Psychology forum. ATS has ---every--- other human condition topic under the sun and moon. I am also an aspes. Strait U.S. female, not young. I have -never- in my life had a relationship in my whole life. But I had "unchaste" flings long ago, where I was used like tissue paper, and here IS why. I came up in poverty ignorance instability and strife, and NO health insurance. Everyone always told me I was too shy. As I got older and older and learned that I was not able to hold work, even though I kept trying and trying and trying, I succumbed to those who took advantage, because I wanted to be rescued, and in my ignorance and state of severe stress and chronic adversity, I was not able to think clearly and calmly and problem solve.
edit on 7-1-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

Thanks, Advantage and NoRegretsEver
edit on 7-1-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This topic is not abovetop secret at all. This topic belongs in high school level forums. Child like. Sex and touchy feely threads. Where is the ignore feature ? This is so below top secret just like most of the threads from this op.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Have a Carribean saying my friend. "Every mouldy biscuit has a mouldy bit of cheese" w hich translates as there is a woman out there for you . Just go out and find her. It helps to understand where your boundaries are. If for example you hate Sex in the City or Eastenders do not pretend you do just to get near to a woman that does. If she likes Manolos fine, they are incredible. If she Needs Manolos, run like hell!!!!

Best wishes

T
edit on 7-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Originally posted by dntwastetime
This topic is not abovetop secret at all. This topic belongs in high school level forums. Child like. Sex and touchy feely threads. Where is the ignore feature ? This is so below top secret just like most of the threads from this op.

Absolutely.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe the mods allows these threads to attract more female members.

edit on 7-1-2011 by cybernetic_dude because: quote

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

You are spot on sir. +Star

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
What was I thinking, this man is obviously correct in his assertion women who are not American are his cup of tea. I wonder if he has met this woman,

I'm really curious, what does this have to do with anything? Or was it an attempt at sarcasm?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
American people are dumb, fat, stuck up and egotistical, generally, in my opinion. So that would make American women the same way, again, generally. Where's the issue with this?

Some of the responses to this thread make my brain hurt.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Whiny Man with Misogynistic Blog Declares, to Crickets, He Is Boycotting American Women?

There are alot of crickets here then aren't there.

Perhaps instead of looking for ways to blame him for his experiences or searching the dictionary for slurs against him, why not critically examine the comments he is making.

I can go on for hours with reasons why this guy is right on the mark with much of what he said; I can list story after story of experiences that myself and MOST guys I know have dealt with, but to what end? Any comment made will be brushed aside as a fault on a man's behalf.

There is one comment that nearly all of my married friends make...

This is not the woman I thought I was marrying.

Different backgrounds, different lifestyles, different personalities...

Same problem.

When I was working in a slaughterhouse years ago to pay off my student loans I had a bizzarre conversation with one of my co-workers...a woman of 56 with 3 daughter's. I was talking about having taken my GF at the time out for the evening over the weekend and she asked me some very pointed questions...What did you do? How much did you spend?

Did you get any?

We went to a trendy restaurant and then a similar bar (her idea), I spent $200ish dollars and no, I didn't get any.

Her response floored me...

"So you took her out on the town so people could see her in these places, wasted a bunch of money and then went home and pulled it?

Why didn't you just get a hooker, save some money and be satisfied?"

Remember, she had 3 daughters.

I mostly listened for the rest of the shift to her talk about the things she saw her daughter's doing and the games/manipulations they forced upon the men they dated.

"I didn't teach them that. How they expect to find a decent guy when they treat men like garbage, or servants, I don't understand.

Personally, I think any man who dates today needs to have his head checked; They are just being used.

At least with a hooker you know where you stand.

I was not anticipating her comments to say the least.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join