It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Your Pets Sense The Paranormal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
About a month ago, on the year anniversary of us moving into this house (the 2 previous owners have died), there was crashing and banging in various parts of the house. I couldn't find the causes, but the cat was walking very tentatively from room to room with wide eyes.
Then last Sunday night, my son was out the front of the house on the phone and claimed he saw an unusual white mist which resembled a person, 'walking' across the road. The cat was out there with him, and went beserk, running, hiding, looking wide eyed at the spot.
Last night there was another loud bang in the house. The cat again, was wide eyed and aware. This time I picked her up and carried her through the house to identify where the noise had come from. After checking the place out, she seemed satisfied that all was well and then relaxed.

So yes, I do believe they have sensing abilities beyond most human perceptions. Regarding the OP, perhaps you could try some exercises to protect yourself and the dog and house from 'attack'. "White Lighting" which is imagining a safe bubble of white light around the object/person while in a meditative state has always helped me.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I've had such an experience, but I don't think I'm quite ready to talk about it.

I'm only posting to S&F, and tell you how much I am enjoying reading your thread, and all the posts.

Jackie sounds adorable. I'm glad she has you. (And vice versa).

Why thank you!

She is adorable. Since I rescued her, I have no idea what breed she is, its clearly a mix. Everyone who sees her seems to say she resembles something different. The vet thinks miniature pincher and boston terrier/jack russell. but who knows.....

I hope you tell your story one day when you're ready. I'd love to hear it!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zenius

I appreciate the response.

I have been doing that exact practice, imagining nothing but white positive energy, especially after feeling that thick negative energy......yuck

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

A few years ago I was sitting on the front porch having a smoke and coffee when the dog started barking in the dirction of our field. There is a railway that runs along the back of the field. I grabbed my 4D maglight and went out with the dog. We stopped on the edge of the plowed field and I could see two lights coming down the tracks - one red one that stayed about a couple of feet off the tracks and a green one that was bobbing up and down behind the red one. At first I thought some nut was riding his bike down the tracks but as I pointed the maglight at it I could see nothing but the two lights and could hear no soud coming from it. Needless to say the dog was freaking out beside me barking and growling - I hadn't seen her like that very often - she usually is a big suck but very protective of our home. The distance to the tracks from where we were was about 80-90 yards. This thing continued down the tracks for about 100 yards until it came to a clump of trees that obscured my sight of it and disappered.
I srtongly believe that our pets can see and sense things that we cannot.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I'm not sure this qualifies, but I had a siamese cat who predicted an earthquake. Befor ethe quake she was nervous, jumping up on counters and chairs, really neurotic behavior. I wondered what the issue was, but she had three kittens at the time so I was a little worried she was ignoring them. Then the quake happened,k about a 7.2 if I remember right, not smalll at all. After the quake she settled down and nursed her kittens.

Her name was Epicenter. Her kittens were Iridium, Hurricane, and Temblor. Really.

I have heard that animals have the ability to sense earthquakes b4 they happen

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I've had such an experience, but I don't think I'm quite ready to talk about it.

I'm only posting to S&F, and tell you how much I am enjoying reading your thread, and all the posts.

Jackie sounds adorable. I'm glad she has you. (And vice versa).

please post when ur ready, we'd like to hear it

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I've grown up having cats and have been living with them ever since. I experienced a lot of times the following behaviour: a cat suddenly stops walking, or sits down, and stares for minutes at a clearly empty spot of the room, sometimes following something with his eyes. Perhaps it sees something a human can't see such as a small insect, but I always found it weird.
Another example, the cats of my girlfriend frequently jump on our bed and sleep along with us. But one time my gf told me (while sleeping alone), one of her cats suddenly woke up and started to act really distressed while looking at the direction of the door of the sleeping room. Nothing was there and nothing was to be heard, but considering the fact that door is always open, it was a very unsettling experience.

Fun animals

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I had the same sort of experience once.

My house used to have a lot of activity, odd noises, footsteps, gusts of air on your face while sleeping and I used to get bad feelings in parts of the house. (Nearly all of it has past now, I think whatever was there is used to us now or moved on) anyway I digress!

My room used to be in the basement, which really wasn't nice sometimes but I only ever had one bad experence down there. One night though just as I was walking to my room my little dog looked down the stairs into my darkened room and starting going insane. Barking like crazy and growling aggressivly. My dog was always so sweet and amazing and never did anything out of anger. She kept this up for about a minute before she let out a yelp and ran away. I found her shaking under our dining room table and she just would not move for hours.

I didn't sleep in my room that night.

She used to occasionally look at corners of rooms and bark sometimes as well but never to this degree as the night in my room.

Awww I loved my dog, keeping me safe.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Hello. Our cat acts different when there is an earthbound human spirit in our home or when there is another type of entity. Part of my service is to guide lost earthbound spirits and though our home is protected entities can and do hitch-hike in attached to real people who are ignorant or disbelieving of such things. Since most people fit this category entities of all sorts human spirit, composite and demonic attach without fear of being detected.

However, the ANIMALS ALWAYS KNOW.

When our pussycat starts acting odd husband says to me, " Something's in here. Check it out and send to the Light." Because of the work I do these entities tend to want to get near me for help in crossing over or for tansformation. For the demonic sort these often want to atone and/or be guided to transforming back to the Light of God. When an entity is of a darker nature it can created havoc with pet and human well-being.

For about a year our cat acted nervous, jumping on the spot for no apparent reason, running away from something, refusing to get on the sofa or go in the bedroom. When I finally checked it out i discovered, no kidding, a German Shepherd dog spirit which had not gone through to the Light. It was a police dog with our local detachment. I looked it up via the internet and discovered that a police dog had been killed on the job during a drug bust just before we moved into the neighbourhood. One year later its former beloved handler was also killed on the job. The ghost dog was trying to find its master but he (the police officer) had died and crossed over so when I moved into the neighbourhood the dog decided i was the one to move in with much to the chagrin of our indoor cat who fears dogs. After offering guidance to this great ghost dog he crossed over and was reunited with his master on the other side. Instantly, the cat's behaviour returned to normal. She no longer stares at something we cannot see, or races in fear across a room. She is back on the sofa and also goes into the bedroom. It is somewhat disconcerting to have these other dimensional visitors. I am not fully clairvoyant so I cannot see them with my eyes but the cat always lets me know. I feel and hear them and have visions which I draw and record for future reference. It is rarely boring around here.

I used to let some questionable people into our home to feed them and we were constantly being affected by darker entities which would detach from them and remain here. It is disturbing. Husband requested that I cease this "caretaking" habit. I have dealt with it and no longer let just anyone in here now. Even someone, a friend or relative (or you), who is accustomed to getting drunk once in awhile, living in a state of high emotion/drama, watching horror movies, even getting high on marijuana leave themselves open to attachment by other dimensional entities whilst engaged in this sort of activity. Again, some of these will affect your health and the health of your animals: emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually and energetically (holistically covers it). This usually means that whatever is in the home is malevolent. It must be dealt with by someone with wisdom and experience.

Animals are very sensitive and see inter-dimensionally naturally so pay attention to their communications to you. Also, if you live in an multi-dwelling building, the negative energy of other dwellers within that building can gather together to create a composite entity which can occupy your space. We live in an apartment building with some very strange people as fellow renters and though we do not associate with them energy knows no boundaries so it can go anywhere anytime. I must constantly be sending things off to the Light for transformation due to this factor. Energy, malevolent or benevolent, also remains in the land the building is built on and in the structure itself so it can be there before you move into it.

As i said all animals are sensitive to the paranormal. They naturally see these other dimensional entities such as earthbound human spirits or the demonic. This is a good thing for those of us who are parnormally blind. Pay attention to your doggie. Best to have someone come in with wisdom and experience to send whatever it is into the Light for transformation. If a human spirit it needs guidance on how to cross over into the LIght. Some will refuse because they enjoy creating fear and chaos to the living. Generally this would have been their character when in physical body. If entity is demonic please do not deal with it yourself. Do not use ouiga boards to try to communcate for it serves as an invitation and a portal for more dark things to enter into your home.

edit on 10-1-2011 by Elderlight because: addition

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I believe that animals can sense paranormal activities and entities. I know when I did live in a haunted house, my bulldog often would put himself between me and whatever he saw and would burr up and bark at the stairwell for no reason. He would be come just angry at nothing, or he'd wake me up in the middle of the night doing the same thing at the bedroom door.

My wife and I's cocker has gone to the door and barked as if some unknown man has come in, and has stood as if to leap up on someone which is what he usually does. He's done this several times-usually at night. So we might have a ghost or something else in the house. Who knows.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's difficult to tell, because they can often hear things we can't hear, or smell things we can't...that may set off their protective instincts... It's difficult to know whether they bark at a ghost or a squirrel outside that we can't hear, etc.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It's difficult to tell, because they can often hear things we can't hear, or smell things we can't...that may set off their protective instincts... It's difficult to know whether they bark at a ghost or a squirrel outside that we can't hear, etc.

I tend to be a more skeptical person to most things, despite having so many weird incidences, and I agree, most of the time Im sure its just some small animal that is the culprit.

But like I said, and Im sure most dog owners will agree, you can tell the difference between your dog getting excited over a mouse or a squirrel vs the way my puppy acted that night.

But who knows....

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Animals without a doubt are more adept at sensing things we can't see. In my experience some animals are better than others at this. Cats always know but don't always care and are very sensitive to the quality of the being while a dog (in my experience) will universally get defensive of anything but the lightest feel good spirits.

The interesting thing you mentioned nobody has seemed to pick up on were the crows on your roof. crows , ravens and to a lesser extent any member of Corvidae family seem to have this uncanny knack for showing up when a spirit is near. I firmly believe they not only see but they also know what is going on and maybe why. You may think this sounds insane but next time you see a crow around ask it a question about what is there, or to give you a hint. You might need to try a couple of times but if you do it you won't call me crazy.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I have one or more ghosts (I'll presume they're ghosts since I don't know any better) in my house. They are benign as far as I can tell but unfortunately they spend most of their time in my bedroom and when they're in there my cat refuses to come into the room or stay in the room. He sits outside the room and stares at myself and my girlfriend with big googly eyes but refuses to come in. If one of us picks him up and brings him into the room he squirms out of our arms and leaves immediately. He does not in any way get his back up or gets scared or anything, he just refuses to stay in our bedroom. What saddens us the most is that he used to sleep with us most nights but he hasn't slept by us for weeks

As far as I know there is only one ghost there but I've seen one that looked male (almost like a shadow figure, no discernible features) and a friend of mine saw a little girl. We hardly ever see it but we often feel or hear it sitting down on the bed. One morning I was laying with my back to the door. I thought I felt my cat jump onto the bed but when I looked there was nothing. I found him sleeping downstairs. This happens quite often.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Thats funny you mentioned that. At the time I thought nothing of it, because I always have crows around my home. But they're only active during the day, I NEVER see them at night on my roof, but then again, they are black so maybe they blend in......

Anyways, when I was typing my recollection and I remembered the crows being there, it kind of gave me the creeps because I was thinking about Stephen Kings "The Stand" where the devil can go back and forth to the shape of a crow, and also in Lord Of The Rings, when they hid from crows because they thought of them as spies for nefarious people....

I WILL try what you suggested next time. Im curious like that, I'll try anything TWICE because once isnt enough to form an opinion.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

It isn't normal to see Crows around at night because they roost at night. I have seen them out and about occasionally at night though.

My opinion of crows on a spiritual level is that they are the messengers. They aren't stupid and know they owe their living in relative bird luxury to humans and will respond in kind with information and help when asked nicely.I realize this all sounds a bit on the outside but I have been paying attention to this kind of thing for over 20 years and people have a tendency to mistake being crazy with thinking without prejudice.

Just remember to be polite, and don't bother talking too loud, they don't speak English well anyway.and are answering in body language and sound. It's hard to describe but I think if you do it a couple of time you'll understand.

If you want to get really wacky put some food out for them and ask them to help with the top hat problem...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mertez

yeah my eyes become dilated too haha

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
there have been times when my dog, a boston terrier who usually sleeps with me under my blankets but on top of the sheet will suddenly come up jump down in the hallway and bark at the wall where nothin is at, this usually occurs when no one is awake

top topics

<< 1   >>

join