It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We do not have as many freedoms anymore; Its sad. I got thrown out of a mall for videotaping.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
OP, I understand your sentiment. The same thing happened to me 20+ years ago while filming some footage for a high school video yearbook. However, a mall is private property and, as such, you have no freedom to videotape there. You must go through the proper permission seeking process and obtain permission. It sucks, but your rights were not violated and you were denied no freedom. Might I suggest that next time you either obtain permission or, alternatively, film things discretely without the commentary.

a mall isn't private property, it's public property, privately owned. it's a place of commerce, where public currency, the american dollar, is traded for goods. as long as money is changing hands you have everyright to be there as long as your not breaking any laws. filming a mall is not a criminal offense.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
. Why would a business have more rights over indivuals?

From my understanding, they are actually equal! That is, if the individual is using his/her legal fiction identity. When your name is in all capital letters, this is a state created identity and can be defined as a "person" or "corporation".

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This isn't about it being private property, or filming people, or mall security overacting. It really is a security issue. Malls have long been on the target list for "terrorists" and those who would love to do mass harm. Think about it, most malls have thousands of people in them at most times during the day, it would be a great place for mass murder. When filming, you also film the infrastructure of the building - they're not worried about the people, just the building. Same thing goes for airports. It's been this way, for this reason, since the early 90s.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join