It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Govt. Plans Changes in Education System

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
At secondary school we had the 1st year/2nd year apple and orange fight. The first years had their own yard/playground which was overlooked by a high wall and a raised car park. All the second years would choose the "sandwiches and fruit" option from dinner, arm themselves to the teeth with Jaffa's and Granny Smith's, sneak up behind the wall and pelt the little buggers!! Man those oranges can hurt!!

I'm wondering, is this normal round the world, or is riot and mob rule a peculiarly British school tradition?
. All very character building I say.

EDIT : write 100 times.

I will get back on topic.
I will get back on topic.
I will get back on topic.....

[edit on 8-8-2004 by muppet]

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by muppet

Ahh but you see they all turning or turned into Academies...My School turned into one to get it out of debt and get better grades...Unfortunately all it has done is cut break(5 mins) and lunch(15mins),made the work easier(what was considered last year as Level 5 work in English-Y7-is considered this year-Y8-as Level 6??!!)and we now finish at 2:30 instead of 3:10 BUT we are 'suggested' to do an enrichment activity that lasts until 3:30.
So basically it's American public school education with blazers,clip-on ties and British accents.

edit on 17-9-2011 by Revelation11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ThunderCloud

Kids who are their A-Levels...Or who are just over 16.

<< 1   >>

join