It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Israelis Approve Racist Rabbis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

A recent poll in Israel showed a majority of Israelis (51%) support the racism of 50 top rabbis. Agreeing that "racism originates in the Torah," the rabbis signed a declaration banning Arabs from renting or buying real estate from Jews in Israel. A staggering 41% of secular Israelis, 64% of Orthodox, and 88% of Ultra-Orthodox agree with these rabbis (See, ynetnews.com "Poll: 55% back rabbis' anti-Arab ruling" and NPN's 50 Top Israeli Rabbis: Proud to be Racists).

Most "Israel-first" evangelicals have argued that the people of Israel are remarkably peace-loving and generous constituents of the Mideast's only democracy, even if their former leaders may have done violence to the Palestinians. But past and current events contradict this.

www.truthtellers.org...

Like with the design of a Blackpool rock, the nature of the zionist settler state is through and through. You have zionist violence against the people it occupies, the imprisonment of innocent Palestinians, the organ theft from Palestinians, land theft, war crimes, zionist ethnic cleansing; and now the priests of the zionists introduce apartheid/segregation in the housing market.

Kosher racism

edit on 1/6/2011 by Mirthful Me because: EX Tags, All Caps Title.

edit on 6-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If you read the article you find out that for the secular people

18.4% support the ruling to a large extent; 12.1% agree with it to a certain extent; 13.6% back the rabbis' ruling to a small extent

Not everyone supports it full heartedly.
After all those years it's hard to shake off the stereotypes and the old animosity. On both sides.

I wonder what would we have found had we divided it by ages, as the younger people in Israel are more open minded.

Still it saddens me to see those numbers, as it reflects the mental walls our peoples need to break down. Luckily I always carry my hammer with me.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
At any rate it seems like you've completely missed what you should have been looking for-

Analyzing the results according to religious affiliation shows that 69% of Israel's secular Jews would not have a problem living near Arabs; 52% of the traditional respondents and 15% of the haredi respondents also said they wouldn't mind having Arab neighbors.

Maybe that's a better representation of whether or not Israelis are racists or not.

To be honest with you 70% is still too low in my eyes.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Things that makes you Hmmm, lets see...

Are Jews welcome to live in Um el fahem, Ar'ara, Musmus ?
These Arab cities are all within Israel.

In the future peace agreements, PA already declared that the the new Palestine will be clean of Jews.
Should Israel do the same and clean it from its Arab citizens ?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

I think you have miquoted here. I'm sure the correct quote is:

"I will never allow a single Israeli to live among us on Palestinian land”

Thats ISRAELI not jew.

But lets just agree there's extreme racists on both sides. Here's hoping the years ahead belong to the seculars that see the issues as they are.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
reply to post by gravitational

I think you have miquoted here. I'm sure the correct quote is:

"I will never allow a single Israeli to live among us on Palestinian land”

Thats ISRAELI not jew.

But lets just agree there's extreme racists on both sides. Here's hoping the years ahead belong to the seculars that see the issues as they are.

Oh but let us not agree; there are not racists in both sides. What you are trying do in the face of this article is create an equivalency between the oppressed and the oppressor.

The Israelis, as the occupiers and imposers, are the one that initiate all the nastiness.

If you are going to boil down everything as to racists being on all side then you will have to accept that during the Holocaust there were racists on all sides, inside the concentration camps and outside the concentration camps. Therev were nazis who were racists and not just obeying orders and there were Jews being showed into the gas chambers who were racists.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
Things that makes you Hmmm, lets see...

Are Jews welcome to live in Um el fahem, Ar'ara, Musmus ?
These Arab cities are all within Israel.

In the future peace agreements, PA already declared that the the new Palestine will be clean of Jews.
Should Israel do the same and clean it from its Arab citizens ?

I don't think many Jews would appreciate living amongst all those Palestinians they oppress. Imagine a Jew being offended by a Gaza Palestinian's racism after the 2008 Israeli assualt on Gaza and deciding to teach the hostile Palestinians a lesson by forcing himself to live amongst them. A demented idea, huh?

If I was a Palestinian, you could bet your bottom Madoff dollar I would discriminate against all Zionist Jews.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Hey Ilovecatbinlady (great name by the way
). If you read my posts you'll see i'm firmly pro-palestinian and anti-zionist.

But to suggest that there is not racism on both sides is absurd. I can certainly understand the opressor/oppressed logic and believe me, the oppressors are definitely in the wrong in my mind, however racism and biggotry should never be tolerated or justified and there is undeniably extreme racists on both sides due to this conflict. Biggotry and racism creates more issues and fixes nothing.

I'm not debating the reasoning why people feel that way, and i do agree with your reasoning, i'm just saying that they exist.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Both jews and the arabs living in the British Mandate called Palestine had lived in peace, respecting each other's religion. They kept to themselves and hardly interacted.

In 1948, the Jews living in the Mandate declared their independence from the British whom had no rights to that terroritory, and with support from the world created an independent Jewish State, with the intention of sharing it with arabs whom were living there as well. But the arabs there listened to senile old men who harped about religous differences and fear mongering.

Alone the tiny state of Israel fought and won against their larger neighbours and won numerous times. But the trust was no longer there between each ethnic group, right up till today.

It's no longer a matter of racism, but one of fear from each other. Will the muslim neighbour be at my jewish throat, should they be inflamed by senile old men again, or will the jews simply throw me into the dungeons if I, a muslim speak out against social injustices and deem me a terrorist?

Make no mistake, its not a racism issue, but only religious fears whom evil men seeking for power on one side will not hesitate to use, and evil men from the other side seeking power using nationalism to put fear into others.

The only cure for fears is to confront the truth and accept that each are only human, with the right to live, and pursue common goals of equality, peace, justice, prosperity, freedom and progress, even if the form of worship is different. Arab or Jew, we humans love and bleed the same....and must never be pawns for evil men seeking power at ours and our loved ones expense, ever again.

Israel is a nation and a civilised state for humans, and not a religion for a people, and throughout the course of the jewish civilisation, it had never been a religion but a nation for a people once it settled down from its wanderings, sharing space in peace with its neighbours and those that lived that, similar with muslim states.

If Israel is a religion, it would mean a state that worships the Almighty, and isn't both arabs, jews, and christians as well as everyone that harms or hurt no one only worshipping the same Supreme Being?

Some accuse jews of being zionists, but zionism is only a political belief, just as nazism was, subscribed by a handful of rabbis who are politically motivated towards the ideas of zionism, just as the german church clerics were to nazism.

Never confuse zionism as being a nationhood. There are many others who wish only to live in peace sharing common goals. Israel has that chance. The germans in 40s didnt. They were either nazis or were to suffer the same fate dish out by the SS to non germans.
edit on 7-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

In the context of their oppression, the potential racism of the Palestinians is irrelevant. You don't go around calling a woman in the process of being raped of being a man hater; therefore, it is ludicrous to accuse the Palestinians of having extremist amongst them.

And thanks for the compliment. I see you know about cat bin lady

edit on 7-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In the spring of 1948, Menachem Begin’s terrorists massacred more than a hundred Arab inhabitants of the sleeping town of Deir Yassin. Afterward, they stripped the surviving women and girls naked and paraded them in open trucks in triumphal procession through the Jewish section of Jerusalem, "where they were subject to the mockery and insults of the onlookers." (1) In the weeks following, such violent animosity toward Arabs increased...............

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dccruibay

More nonsense.

Dir Yassin is a myth created, believe it or not, by Israelis themselves.
How so, you might ask.
There was a great animosity between left and right parties.
Animosity that almost brought civil war. Many members of the Irgun and Lehi (right) were handed over to the British police, beaten, or even murdered.
While most Arab villages were captured by Hagana during battles, Dir Yassin was among the few that was fought over by the Irgun. This was an excellent opportunity for the Jewish left leaders to spread a story of an alleged massacre. Soon after, despite the Irgun's decisive denial, not only did the Arab villagers adopted the story, but decided to blow it completely out of proportions. The side effect of this, was thousands of Arab civilians fleeing from their homes, in fear they might face the same faith as |Dir Yassin.

This is how a myth was born and is being used to this day, as undeniable truth in the Arab narrative, when all it is and was, is a fairy tale.
edit on 10-1-2011 by gravitational because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
reply to post by dccruibay

More nonsense.

Dir Yassin is a myth created, believe it or not, by Israelis themselves.
How so, you might ask.
There was a great animosity between left and right parties.
Animosity that almost brought civil war. Many members of the Irgun and Lehi (right) were handed over to the British police, beaten, or even murdered.
While most Arab villages were captured by Hagana during battles, Dir Yassin was among the few that was fought over by the Irgun. This was an excellent opportunity for the Jewish left leaders to spread a story of an alleged massacre. Soon after, despite the Irgun's decisive denial, not only did the Arab villagers adopted the story, but decided to blow it completely out of proportions. The side effect of this, was thousands of Arab civilians fleeing from their homes, in fear they might face the same faith as |Dir Yassin.

This is how a myth was born and is being used to this day, as undeniable truth in the Arab narrative, when all it is and was, is a fairy tale.
edit on 10-1-2011 by gravitational because: (no reason given)

It is common amongst zionists to bog down debate in pedantic discourse. No one cares whether "right wing" or "left wing" zionists committed an atrocity, real or imagined. It is like debating the concerns of left or right wing bolsheviks.

It is also common amongst zionist having caused confusion over irrelevent matters, to ramrod an abnoxious lie on the back of it with great chatzpuh. The Dir Yassin massacre was amongst the greatest crimes of the post war era and reminscent of the crimes of the WW2 Eastern Front where many of the zionist settlers in Palestine hailed from at the time. The WW2 infection was imported to Palestine.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Of course YOU and the likes of you don't care if it's the truth or a fairy tale, as long as it fits your distorted views on the conflict, and as long as it puts Israel and the Jews in bad light.
And please save me the usual bs that not all Jews are Zionists, bla bla mantra.

top topics

join