It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Package 'Flare-Ups' Reported At 2 State Buildings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Package 'Flare-Ups' Reported At 2 State Buildings

www.wbaltv.com

HANOVER, Md. -- Officials are investigating possible explosions at the Maryland Department of Transportation's headquarters in Hanover and a state government building in Annapolis
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

edit on 1/6/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Title

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time before "they" set cause more problems to take away our freedoms.

I wonder what will come from this one!

I kind of had a feeling that this would happen sooner or later, people are fighting against the trampling of our freedoms, now they will use this to help there agenda.

www.wbaltv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.
edit on 1/6/2011 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

Well if you're implying a "False Flag" it was a rather impotent attempt IMO.

Packages explode at Md. state government buildings

The official says no one was hurt in either incident, and Maryland State Police say there were no serious injuries. The packages both gave off a small explosion or flare-up when they were opened.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just how do you know

it was *people who are fighting against the trampling of our freedoms*

and not just a crazy lunatic out to hurt innocent people..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread but I had no idea what a Md building was and was getting concerned it might have been Mcdonalds. You have enough room to post a longer title that would state that its Maryland department buildings in the USA. ATS is world wide don't you know.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Thanks for the thread but I had no idea what a Md building was and was getting concerned it might have been Mcdonalds. You have enough room to post a longer title that would state that its Maryland department buildings in the USA. ATS is world wide don't you know.

Sorry, I copied the title from cnn.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well, something had to be done to distract us from all the dead birds and fish.
Just saying...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I do not know 100% that it is a "false flag" but I do know it will be used as a tool to help trample our freedoms.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
ok, I just saw another thread about this.

Sorry for the Double Thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture

Sorry, I copied the title from cnn.

My mistake I forgot that this is in the Breaking News which means that you have to put the headline exactly as it was written, which is what you did.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
My guess is someone has a grudge against the government. This was just a bit too targeted to state government..

Who ever the person/people responsible for this are, I can assure you they're fighting for no one's freedom when they do things like this. What you believe in should not make you so angry that killing for it seems reasonable. What I believe in does not make me angry. It makes me hopeful because I know that if I believe it, there is surely someone out there who does as well.

People who commit these crimes are very, very shortsighted and callous. They do it to stir up chaos...They want enough chaos to make themselves feel better about the chaos in their lives.

Of course, the end result is that people get scared and clamor for government protection...And then our rights are never heard from again.
edit on 6-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Something seems off with this to me. I live in the state its literally about a half hour drive to either location. One news station stated that from what they were told one of the packages wasn't a bomb but had a white powder in it but that story was quickly changed to an incendiary incident matching the other package at the other building. I only just walked in the house and found this out and now im looking for a souce to verify this but i haven't been able to find one as of yet. And as of just now it was on wjz channel 13 they just said one of the packages had a return address on the package which was the address of a parking garage in D.C.
edit on 6-1-2011 by nuggets530 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
My guess is someone has a grudge against the government. This was just a bit too targeted to state government..

Who ever the person/people responsible for this are, I can assure you they're fighting for no one's freedom when they do things like this. What you believe in should not make you so angry that killing for it seems reasonable. What I believe in does not make me angry. It makes me hopeful because I know that if I believe it, there is surely someone out there who does as well.

People who commit these crimes are very, very shortsighted and callous. They do it to stir up chaos...They want enough chaos to make themselves feel better about the chaos in their lives.

Of course, the end result is that people get scared and clamor for government protection...And then our rights are never heard from again.
edit on 6-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

correct if you re gonna be a "freedomfigher" don't' go doing stuff like this
do stuff that will expose the heads of the beast and what they are up to

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Just heard on cnn 11 people fell ill on the streets of L.A. at one time anyone else got any info yet

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Oddly, all police leave has been cancelled in London tomorrow after reports of a Mumbai-style attack on the capital.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Still no link for the L.A. story but twitter is a blaze right now will post a link as sonn as i get one

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

can you give me a link on that story?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The headlines I'm reading are:

"Packages release smoke, odors in Md. gov buildings"
news.yahoo.com...

Silly ATSers...always wanting it to be "the big one".

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Thanks for the laugh....and yet, at the same time I find it disturbing that Macky D's is foremost in your mind.

Help us all!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gateway30

can you give me a link on that story?

News snippet on cnn waiting for official link but as i said twitter is ablaze

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join