It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will/What Will Make TSHTF?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Before I launch in, I do want to say that I am well aware that this may not be in the right section, but nevertheless, here I am.

Righteo, down to business. Well I want to say firstly, that I, for one, enjoy looking at, drawing up, and fantasising about survival plans and stratagems for when (and we all know it'll eventually happen) TSHTF! But, as I sit there daydreaming, I'm suddenly struck by a thought. When is this all going to happen? I mean, what really would push us so far as to initiate all those plans? Will it be some kind of freakishly real zombie apocalypse? Will it be to escape the clutches of a totalitarian One World Government? Would it usher in a new era of anarchy, with no form of government at all?

Would it be a sudden, earth shattering event, or would it be a subtle change that has been taking place since before we were born?

So basicly what I'm asking is, what will make the whole SHTF thing real for you? And when/what will make YOU start pulling out your survival bag and getting ready to head for the caves!?

~Para

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'm not exactly a dooms dayer - however I feel things are changing and not for the best. Highly concerned about the animals perishing and the earthquakes in unusual locations. I am not going to head for the caves, I will stay in my home. We have been stocking up on food, medical supplies, cat and dog food, flash lights, lighters, matches, etc. I am afraid I wouldn't last long in a cave, I will stick it out at home.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaZep

Based on my belief that TBTB are ultimately interested only in maintaining the status quo rather than creating a true totalitarian One World Government (see the link in my sig for details), I would say that a true SHTF scenario would have to be an outside event that functionally destroys the ability of our infrastructure to work.

Specifically, a massive Electromagnetic Pulse event (most likely solar in origin) that fries all electronics on Earth and probably kills off a significant chunk of life. This would pose a lot of interesting problems, even for most survivalists as many survivalist tend to envision using a BOV to head for the hills. A serious EMP event would render most vehicles dead, potentially even blowing sparkplugs depending on the seriousness of the event.

That is the real worst case scenario, as the moment that happens, wherever you are is where you start. Wherever your loved ones are is where they start, there is no communication between you until you are looking each other in the eye again and you are on foot or foot-powered transportation through a panicked landscape.

Interesting scenario to chew on, eh?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaZep

I think that it will take something of great magnitude to get me to make this type of change in my life. Yes, I try to be prepared. However, I am in no position to just run at the first sign of trouble... If something big happens, and I am fortunate to survive it, then all bets are off...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaZep

deadly rabid squirrel aids. yeah when that happens we are all screwed
. But truthfully it most likely will be a slow progression no amount of planning will help you even if you had a 20 year supply of food water and bullets. The shear number of people who are hungry would over run you take your food your guns and might eat you as well. Truth is unless you have a hidden location thats underground and somehow is powered by solar panels which only gives you 10 years of use so you would need back up panels and fresh water with a grow room you sir are as f@#ked as the rest of us you will just have a neat lighter and some camping supplies

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
1) a climatological / geological catastrophe will massively impact social / infrastructure, leading to war. a quake at the New Madrid fault, for example.

2) Achmadinijad (sp?) either deploys a nuke, or comes so close to an event that an outside force (Israel? USA?) does a pre-emptive strike, resulting in a massive religious war, in the middle east, if not global.

3) Middle eastern muslim fanatics, possibly wi Russian help, decide to remove Israel from the map. The US might or might not get involved. the arrival of the 'Twelfth Imam' could bring this about.

4) as in the Clancy book 'Red Storm Rising', some catastrophe (natural or man-made) severely impacts the global energy supply/grid (the BP spill almost did that), resulting in war.

Bible prophecy students suggest a Chinese/Indian ('Kings of the East') invasion of the middle east, presumably for access to oil.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
1) a climatological / geological catastrophe will massively impact social / infrastructure, leading to war. a quake at the New Madrid fault, for example.

2) Achmadinijad (sp?) either deploys a nuke, or comes so close to an event that an outside force (Israel? USA?) does a pre-emptive strike, resulting in a massive religious war, in the middle east, if not global.

3) Middle eastern muslim fanatics, possibly wi Russian help, decide to remove Israel from the map. The US might or might not get involved. the arrival of the 'Twelfth Imam' could bring this about.

4) as in the Clancy book 'Red Storm Rising', some catastrophe (natural or man-made) severely impacts the global energy supply/grid (the BP spill almost did that), resulting in war.

Bible prophecy students suggest a Chinese/Indian ('Kings of the East') invasion of the middle east, presumably for access to oil. ANY incident in the middle east affects the energy aspect of the economy, with major implications.

5) massive geological/climatalogical catastrophe (new ice age, polar shift, superquake)

6) economic meltdown in the US leads to global economic catastrophe

edit on 6-1-2011 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2011 by works4dhs because: add on

edit on 6-1-2011 by works4dhs because: add line

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Some will have prepped well and benefit and others will try and struggle. Me, i am likely to find out quite soon as my shtf evolves

But im going nowhere! Batten down the hatches as they say ....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There are many risks in this world and the future is uncertain. Trying to unravel this mess www.abovetopsecret.com... is one way for TSHTF if not approached responsibly.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
my thoughts are, gold, not worth a lump of coal.
Ca. San Andreas fault opens the rift from la to Or
An other major attack, ie bio or nuke, LA, NY.
Yellowstone goes off, we are talking the US right? world wide , is any ones guess, asteroid?
pandemic flu, H1N1?
world bank goes belly up- IMF runs out of funds?
the as some call it "rapture" takes place? as too when or in what order i do not know i see them as the most likely events that would fall under SHTF.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Awesome guys, thanks for the input. It's always nice to get different points of view. Keep it coming people

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaZep

at this point i guess you'll find out if all the dudes you have been spending time with over the years are truly your friends. although not a proponent of governmental communism, i think the only way for any people to survive a mega cataclysm is though communal living. i.e. everyone puts something on the table (childcare, food, water, work, security, diplomacy etc..)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I don't feel it's going to be one SHTF moment but a series of one after the other events. I think we are well in to seeing the start of lining up of these catastrophes, greasing the wheels so to speak, of manipulating the public mind set when they occur. The last thing the PTB want is for the masses to blame them, they want natural events to take the blame... look for more animal die offs, food shortages, droughts..etc... to take center stage followed shortly by Economic collapse then Martial Law.

new topics

top topics

join