It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are NO plans for a draft

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I mean I am 19 now, I ahve no prob with a draft If i dont have to do infantry. I just dont wnat to do it and i cant take heat. I get sick whens its over 90 F. Will most people be infantry or other jobs

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The process of a Bill becoming law is rather involved and requires a great deal of time. In addition, this bill was (these bills were) introduced in January of 2003, referred to Committee by February and no activity has occurred since. Take a look at the actions that would still need to occur for this Bill to move forward and become law.

thomas.loc.gov...

An additional consideration is that a Bill dies if not acted on during the session of Congress it was introduced during. In this case the 108th, which began January of 2003 and closes December of 2004. If not acted on by the end of the year it dies in Committee and will need to be reintroduced from scratch.

Typically, each Congress meets in two annual "sessions," one in its first calendar year and another in the second calendar year. Thus, the first session of the 107th Congress occurs in 2001 and the second in 2002.
A bill is, technically, available for consideration throughout an entire Congress, unless it is defeated somewhere along the way. However, if a bill has not been acted on before the end of a Congressional session, it would have to be reintroduced in a succeeding Congress and begin the legislative process all over again.

thomas.loc.gov...

The likelihood of a Bill that was introduced at the start of a session, sat dormant for 2 years suddenly getting enacted at the last minute is pretty low.

The fact that these bills are suddenly being reported on now, as they are basically dead in committee, when no action ever occurred on them is definately a scare tactic.

The fact that they were introduced by Democrats but give the power to enact the draft (at any time) to the President (not themselves) is another reason to think twice about the viability of action occurring now. It would be the Senate and the Congress that would be taken to task if these bills were to be enacted and they will face the chopping block before the next President does.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothergoat
I mean I am 19 now, I ahve no prob with a draft If i dont have to do infantry. I just dont wnat to do it and i cant take heat. I get sick whens its over 90 F. Will most people be infantry or other jobs

I don't know, man, I hear that they actually look for dudes with names like mothergoat to put into the infantry. They figure that they can climb craggy hills and live off of tin cans and stuff.

[edit on 3-10-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mothergoat

If you see a draft coming join the service. Study for the ASVAB and score high so you can pick your MOS (military occupational specialty). By joining the military you will qualify for bonuses and if you score well they will place you by what you choose IF you complete the training or AIT.

I don't blame ya kid infantry is not for everyone. If you don't like being muddy, cold, nasty and have an affinity towards pain then it would be in your best interest to join first rather than be drafted. If there is a draft qualifying for infantry won't be a top priority as they will stick you where they need you. So unless you cried like a baby or went section 8 or awol you could get stuck in infantry easy.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
You know I will go if drafted because it is my duty for enjoying the freedoms I have....but I have to many objections to alot of the things that are going on that I can honestly say I would volunteer to go to Levenworth rather than be a part of personally to many times have I heard that we will do this we will do that to fix the problems that seem to be rampet in this war and they dont get corrected just repeated the US has soiled its name so badly with the peaceful islamic and muslim non combatants that we will wear a black eye for years to come and I dont want a part of soiling it further by following orders that harm the innocents caught in the middle just because they look like the enemy and its not just happing on the battle feild but here at home sickning just plain sickning

[edit on 3/10/04 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
read my lips "no new ta.." sorry wrong bush
George W " there will be no military draft"

Government looking at military draft lists
www.brownsvilleherald.com...

Draft Gear Up?
Who Has To Register?
All male U.S. citizens and male aliens living in the U.S. between the ages of 18 and 25
Dual nationals of the U.S. and another country, regardless of where they live
Young men who are in prison or mental institutions do not have to regsiter while they are committed, but must do so if they are released and not reached age 26
Disabled men who live at home and can move about indiependently.
Myths
Contrary to popular belief, only sons and the last son to carry a family name must register and they can be drafted.
What Happens In A Draft
Congress would likely approve a military draft in a time of crisis, in which the mission requires more troops than are in the volunteer military.
Selective Service procedures would treat married men or those with children the same as single men.
The first men to be called up will be those whose 20th birthday falls during that year, followed by those age 21, 22, 23,24 and 25.
The last men to be called are 18 and 19 years of age.
Historical Facts
The last man to be drafted was in June 1973.
Number of Drafted for WWI : 2.8 million
Number of Drafted for WWII: 10 million
Number of Drafted for the Korean War: 1.5 million
Number of Drafted for the Vietnam War: 1.8 million
Source: Selective Service System

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I feel a draft in here!!!
if they re-instate the draft then lets draft all the polotitions kids first!!!!!!

excerpt
"The Selective Service System is looking for men and women to serve as members of local boards that are currently in a standby mode.

If a military draft becomes necessary, approximately 2,000 local and appeal boards throughout the nation would decide which young men in each community receive deferments, postponements or exemptions from military service, based on federal guidelines and community standards."

www.aberdeennews.com...

[edit on 13-1-2005 by shadowmirror]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
There are the two bills hr163 and s89 that clearly plan out a draft...these bills probably won't pass, although there are some senators and house members who support a draft...

And if you'll do the research, you'll find that all the congressmen and senators who support the draft are democrats, not Bush or Republicans. Republicans actually forced a vote on it in the last congress knowing it would be defeated (which it was) and to get it off the schedule.

Same thing is true of the people that introduced the bills in congress.

[edit on 1/13/2005 by centurion1211]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join