It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The News Media and the Flu Jab in the UK today.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hello all

I have been working at home today and have been listening to the news today (primarilary on the Radio).

What has become apparent to me is there appears to be a definate push to encourage the public to go and get the Flu Vaccine injections and the fact they are high-lighting the ''shortage'' of vaccinations in some areas is only serving to worry people and cause more distress, especially those in ''high risk groups''

The high risk groups include the obvious but because of the death of two New mothers (whom had just given birth) then alot of pregnant women are becoming distressed, obviously...

I find it strange and also interesting that the media is sort of pushing the NEED for vaccinations... Currently listening to BBC Radio 5 Live in background and they have been discussin this as well..

Also, the UK Government has told GP's / Doctors to use the Flu jab for H1N1 from last year becasue there are stockpiles of it (in europe though apparently?!) ,,, knee jerk reaction ?

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yea, it's pretty clear they are just fear mongering. They keep going on about how many people have died, shortage of vaccines, etc..yet only 50 people have died? Seems unfounded to me. Nothing new, though- apparently we all should have died about 10 times over from various other flu's during the last decade. Sad thing is, the majority seem to be buying it- personally, I'm going to stay well away from any of their needles!

CX

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yep its been all over the news today, big panic about the lack of vaccines too.

Radio 4 was talking about it last night, saying that the apparent lack of vaccines has encouraged people to panic and go private for them instead. The vaccine after a consultaion (which of course is not free either) can be as much as £400. Apparently parents are flocking to throw this kind of money at private doctors.

Heard an interesting thing the other night. My local hospital is overwhelmed with bugs at the moment, swine flu, Norvo virus, other diarrhea and vomiting bugs too. A mate said he'd asked one of the nurses there if they'd been checked for swine flu and the likes, assuming they'd have been vaccinated.

The nurse stated that they had not been tested. Reason being, most would most likely show positive to one or more of the bugs, and if that happened the staff would be sent home. Result....no nurses to tend to anyone.

If they don't test the staff, nobody can be sent home.

And so the bugs go round and round.

Makes you want to sing doesn't it...

Ring a ring a roses
A pocket full of posies
Attishoo, attishoo
We all fall down.

CX.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

This is like a guy my mum told her some time ago. If you knew how mcvites made there biscuits, you would never eat them.

Same thing. Ignorance is bliss until you get the vaccine and it gives you untold health problems.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Some girl who went to a school round mine died the other day from what looks at the moment to be swine flu. Waiting on the results of that. She was only 17 years old though, which is quite sad for her friends and family to lose someone that young.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board said some GP surgeries in the six counties of north Wales that it covers had run out of the triple vaccine - for H1N1 and Influenza A + B.

A spokesperson said: "We don't have exact figures but supplies are running low across north Wales because we have had higher take-up than usual.

The board said it was awaiting approval from the chief medical officer regarding the the use of the H1N1 vaccine.

A spokesperson for Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board commented: "There has been a steady but not spectacular demand for vaccines, although it has increased a bit in recent weeks.

"Triple vaccine supplies haven't run out but stocks are running low. We have plenty - 40,000 - of vaccines for H1N1."

Welsh stocks of flu vaccines 'being redistributed'

By hook or by crook!
edit on 6-1-2011 by quackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

And how exactly DO they make their biscuits?

Off topic I know....

But I did notice the same thing about the flu.

It was the main headlines on BBC News at 6.

Seriously, there must be more important stuff going on than this...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What i don't understand is that only a short while ago they where pushing the message the Vaccine uptake was very low (lowest in Europe)..

If I remember correctly only a week or so ago Prof Steve Field, the former chairman of the Royal College of General Practitioners called the vaccine uptake "shockingly low" in a warning to the Gov, if my memory is not faulty the GPC also sent warnings to the Gov to get their fingers out (my words)

Perhaps all the gumph we are now hearing about vaccines is the Gov trying to drum up support for vaccines? and claiming a shortage would certain drum up a bit of trade for the Gps.

CX

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Hmmm i'm curious now too.....although slightly more concerned about how bakers put the holes in doughnuts.

Back on topic....

So there are few or no vaccines left. Is this the plan though?

Let the vaccine stock run low or run out, people will keep dying....probably from the usual flu too, and then the public will begging to be vaccinated with the very thing they shyed away from for various reasons when it was in abundance.

CX.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

The person claimed there was no hygiene standards, and he worked there for along time. The factory is just down the road from us.

Just goes to show ignorance is bliss, if you do not know the people making those biscuits and dealings with the machines are not interested in hygiene, would you eat them?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
bah jabs who needs them? Never had any in my 16 years. And I'm fine *touch wood*

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
See all this time on ATS has made me a little skepitical about a swine flu vaccination, but I have booked myself in to have a jab on wednesday. I am in the group considered at risk because of previous chemotherapy effecting my immune system. I think I would probably be alright, even if i did catch the flu, I'm still debating whether or not i will actually have the jab. If I had never visited ATS I wouldn't even be question getting a jab.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Just heard on the 22:00hrs news that the UK is releasing their pandemic supplies of the H1N1 vaccine. So you can get that, but if you get normal flu you're screwed. lol Good ole Blighty.

I had the combi-vaccination myself this year (and the 2 separate vaccinations last year) and I've had no problems thus far. That said, if I didn't need to get the jab I wouldn't because my body is a temple...to the god of couch potatoes.

Rev

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luke.S
bah jabs who needs them? Never had any in my 16 years. And I'm fine *touch wood*

Not had your TB/BCG yet then?

Yeha I heard a lot about this on the news today in the van. The guy I work with is only 49 but he had the vaccine last year. He was classed as 'at risk' because he has reduced lung function.

edit on 6-1-2011 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Just watched the 10pm news on ITV and the main story is the 'shortage' of flu vaccines...

My thinking here was that if people had been sceptical or worried about it before the WEIGHT of media attention is certainly convincing people that hey must have it now -- even though the infection rates and unfortunate deaths this year are actually LOWER than before...

TPTB are getting the public to 'take the jab'......... I haven't yet and probably won't BUT then in the back of my mind the question sits
"Should I ? Shouldn't I? will I have missed my 'protection' when a more dangerous Virus / bug comes around?"

I have had a bloody cold for about a week now, runny nose, general lethargy,sore lips (?), catarrah and mucus build up BUT i do not feel at death's door....... i will just keep drinking lots of tea, eat the right foods and take the odd Vit C, Garlic and Zinc....

Regards

PDUK
edit on 6-1-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
They are very eager for you to have the vaccine - they are implanted with bacteria size microchips that can be switched on and off their will.
Next in the new will be - Bird Flu causing all the deaths from the air (Problem)
Everyone demands protection.(Reaction)
Get the vaccine (Solution)
Only they forget to tell you that they caused the problem.
Then when we rebel BIG TIME which they are terrified about they simply press a few buttons just like on your computer.
It's been planned for years! It has been working for years.
Before 9/11 the public were very much against going to war in Iraq so they used PROBLEM, REACTION,SOLUTION - it works every time.
It's all about population control.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The Swine Flu Pandemic didn't work out for them and all the vaccines were given to the third world by that nice man Bill Gates (such a humanitarian) so they're having another go at it but this time it will be Bird Flu - But Last years vaccine or this years, they are all the same.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I was reading in one of the papers this morning that said the Tory's campaign against swine flu wasn't as large as Labour's last year and that not as many people were aware about it. Probably Labour propaganda though, as it was the Mirror lol

CX

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wiseupall
They are very eager for you to have the vaccine - they are implanted with bacteria size microchips that can be switched on and off their will.

Didn't realise that that made chips that small?

Any links to evidence of this, or that they are implanted in these vaccines?

Cheers.

CX.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by Wiseupall

Didn't realise that that made chips that small?

Any links to evidence of this, or that they are implanted in these vaccines?

Cheers.

CX.

I'll start searching my files for it and all the books and mags and let you know but I'm sure uncensored ran a blurb on it so check it out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join