It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Birds and Dead Fish in Bible affiliated wih the demise of mankind?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

www.examiner.com

The dead bird and dead fish phenomenon that has appeared to have gone global does appear in a bible verse. In this Bible verse, the dead fish and dead birds are affiliated with “the day of Jehovah’s wrath.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ok just for a second... let's play "devils advocate"

They are focusing on a verse in Zephaniah

“I will consume the birds of the heavens and the fishes of the sea,” is the quote from the American Standard Version of the Bible as published on the website Bible Gate. The rest of the verse can be seen on Bible Gate. The verse goes on to explain mans demise and how the riches they have amassed will do nothing to save them from this.

But it does go on to make some interesting other points... some of which could be construed as what happened with our housing boom...

The verse goes on to say, “wealth shall become a spoil, and their houses a desolation, yea, they shall build houses, but shall not inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards but shall not drink the wine thereof.”

I'm not one to believe in prophecy... however I am one to believe that early cultures kept notes of what was going on and saw early indicators as god sent omens... Just sayin...

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Let's say that the Bible is true...I find it really sad then to know that God would kill thousands of innocent birds and animals just as a sign that later He plans to "punish" mankind.

To add a more to-the-point response...I guess I can understand why these would be considered signs of impending doom, etc, in olden times. The flora and fauna are more sensitive to "earth changes," and would be the first to get affected by any global natural phenomenon. Be it a change in the magnetic field, pole-reversal, or what have you. They are our "meters." As early man did not know about the science behind these changes, he attributed them to "God's wrath." And the animal life getting affected first was seen as a "sign."

edit on 6-1-2011 by Arrius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a lot of signs are there but none care.
kinda makes me wonder if it could be true ya know.

EUPHRATES RIVER DRYING UP
flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com...
www.biblegateway.com...

Revelation 16:12 (New International Version, ©2010)
12 The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East.

and it happen exactly like the bible foretold.
Before the fish and bird's dying.
So go figure lol

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Biblical prophecies are not the only ones seeming to come true. I've noticed that a lot of christians treat their holy babble as an exceptional book, despite all the other ancient prophecies from other civilizations that foretell similar events. Gets on my nerves.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius
Let's say that the Bible is true...I find it really sad then to know that God would kill thousands of innocent birds and animals just as a sign that later He plans to "punish" mankind.

How so?
Do you fell sad when you kill Roach s that infest your house?
Or you walk outside and kill thousands of insect's just by walking in a single day.

Or do you feel sad when you eat on a kitchen table made of wood?
It as alive once..Now you eat food off of it lol

Depends how you perceive god isnt it?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

How so?
Do you fell sad when you kill Roach s that infest your house?
Or you walk outside and kill thousands of insect's just by walking in a single day.

Or do you feel sad when you eat on a kitchen table made of wood?
It as alive once..Now you eat food off of it lol

Depends how you perceive god isnt it?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

No.
The bible, nor any book nor person, can foresee the future.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

To add a more to-the-point response...I guess I can understand why these would be considered signs of impending doom, etc, in olden times. The flora and fauna are more sensitive to "earth changes," and would be the first to get affected by any global natural phenomenon. Be it a change in the magnetic field, pole-reversal, or what have you. They are our "meters." As early man did not know about the science behind these changes, he attributed them to "God's wrath." And the animal life getting affected first was seen as a "sign."

edit on 6-1-2011 by Arrius because: (no reason given)

Exactly... this is the thing... regardless of how you feel about the bible or other older books... it may very well contain a good detail of stuff that occurs before a cataclysm...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I agree with the Bible, I dont necessarily think the information is 100% accurate as people WILL tamper with history to their own agreeances, but if those people didnt know what information was true when they were tampering with it, great troves of true information that seemed ludicrious at the time, could now be nice golden nuggets of info.
just sayin.. it also states that at the time of "end of days' christianity will be doubted to its fullest extent..
so ... if answers are laid out by the science community stating that the sun is acting up and causing all these bird and fish deaths... you would believe it. But when an ancient text states the facts of what is going to occur, you write it off because it goes against scientific beliefs... but yet if you take the word LORD and replace it with "SUN" it would be okay?
hmm.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

No.
The bible, nor any book nor person, can foresee the future.

Uhm... can't you tell what is going to happen by precursory indicators? That's what scientists do all the time. If you get a itch in your throat don't you see that as a precursor to getting a cold?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by srbouska

Yes, it would be okay because it actually works and makes sense. Who are you going to trust? A bunch of bronze-age superstitious people with no scientific knowledge who claim that a magical man makes things happen? I'd rather trust people who actually study the environment, analyze the results and make conclusions based on evidence. There is no evidence for any god or goddess, nor is there any evidence for angels or demons.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Uhm... can't you tell what is going to happen by precursory indicators? That's what scientists do all the time. If you get a itch in your throat don't you see that as a precursor to getting a cold?

Sure, and we can predict that the sun will rise tomorrow morning also, as such things are expected based on evidence and observation.

To believe that thousands of years ago some guy on Patmos Island accurately predicted that birds & fish would die before Jehova was going to spread some wrath is not believable (for many reasons) and is also (like most "predictions") quite vague.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I believe that there is truth in the bible, but it isn't all true, just my opinion. IT is very creepy when I see these things happening closely as foretold.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Sure, and we can predict that the sun will rise tomorrow morning also, as such things are expected based on evidence and observation.

To believe that thousands of years ago some guy on Patmos Island accurately predicted that birds & fish would die before Jehova was going to spread some wrath is not believable (for many reasons) and is also (like most "predictions") quite vague.

I read a lot of old manuscripts... and even though the reasons are far fetched like Jehova or FSM etc... there is a lot of really good detail of what happens before major cataclysms.

Sure they are personified and anthropomorphic... But that doesnt make the accounts of events which occur complete and utter BS...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

the thing is that it is not god doing these things, it is a result of man's influence over nature, and nature prevailing over man. god just happens to incorporate both, so no matter how it ends, it is good and god succeeds.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Look to the skies and the waters and the new curse being brought upon this planet as calamity occurs in revoking Yahweh’s previous commandment concerning this:

Genesis 1:26 “Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness. They will rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the animals, all the earth, and the creatures that crawl on the earth.”

Ecclesiastes 9:12 “For man certainly does not know his time: like fish caught in a cruel net, or like birds caught in a trap, so people are trapped in an evil time, as it suddenly falls on them.”

Mankind has proved itself to be in Satan’s image. Mankind has been revoked of any rule over the animal kingdom as Yahweh brings devastation to the wildlife as a preview of what mankind can expect to rain down upon itself and surface from the depths of a poisoned planet. The rain of dead fowl and sea life coming to the surface will reveal the stagnation of mankind’s own future fate. The curse coupled with plague is ever widening on this planet. Only a remnant will survive what has come in upon this planet.

Look for entire towns being swallowed up by the earth as Yahweh’s curse against mankind seeks to free this planet from Satan’s grip. The curse was removed from the earth after the great flood. but not from mankind. Now the curse on them has gone into full swing. The elite holy angelic army, the Lions of Zion, will soon challenge the governments of this planet for air supremacy. Past power passed to them by Satan will then be revoked as they are also cut to the ground like their father.

Numbers 16:32 “The earth opened its mouth and swallowed them and their households, all Korah’s people, and all [their] possessions.”

Exodus 15:12 “You stretched out Your right hand, and the earth swallowed them.”

Isaiah 9:16 “The leaders of the people mislead [them], and those they mislead are swallowed up.”

Isaiah 14:12 “Shining morning star, how you have fallen from the heavens! You destroyer of nations, you have been cut down to the ground.”

Satan will soon lose air supremacy over this planet’s skies.

Isaiah 54:16 “Look, I have created the craftsman who blows on the charcoal fire and produces a weapon suitable for its task; and I have created the destroyer to work havoc.”

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I don't think it's prophesy. I have a theory about what the cause is of all the dead birds and fish worldwide but it is so bat**** crazy that I'm ashamed to post it; but in a surreal way it is biblical.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

And 1/3 of all the fish in the sea died. Rev 8-9
That's not what I would call vague.
edit on 6-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Stop proselytizing. Do you have any empirical evidence for your biblical claims? If you do, present it. If you don't, go proselytize somewhere else, or else I'll start quoting verses from the book of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

His noodly appendage is the truth and the only way to salvation! He is the one true god!
edit on 6-1-2011 by Condemned0625 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join