It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Armed Forces on High Alert Over North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Russian Armed Forces on High Alert Over North Korea

www.infowars.com

Russia announced Tuesday that its armed forces in the east are on high alert. This comes in light of what it calls an “inadequate situation” on the Korean peninsula as tensions have increased in recent weeks between the North and South.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Sorry to use Infowars.com as a source, as they usually post their source within their own article.

Regardless...
If Russia has bolstered their own military during these times, we could only imagine what the Chinese are doing behind the scenes to match NK stance and additional US deployment in the region.

Lots more chess pieces moving in and around the board then we are aware of... most certainly.
edit on 6-1-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
the title should be

Russian Armed Forces on High Alert Over South Korea

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Regardless if it's true or not, this article is almost a month old, why has no one picked up on it until now?
I just tried finding this in the MSM but can't find much, so I'm not putting all my faith into this yet.

Russia really has nothing to worry about when it comes to NK. In all likeliness, NK is just a proxy for Russia to terrorize the world in other not so obvious ways. They do have scientists there pledging support to the nuclear program, so a conflict between those 2 seems unlikely to me.

However, who REALLY knows what's going on behind the scenes? These countries true actions are harder to read than a novel given to an infant.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I am still reasonably confident nothing of any great serious nature will happen between north and south korea this year.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
In all likeliness, NK is just a proxy for Russia to terrorize the world in other not so obvious ways.

WE are trying to take over the world. WE secured Iraq, got those Saudi's to end that talk of abandoning the US dollar/refusing to accept it for crude oil.

WE are chopping off China/Russia's crude oil/natural gas supplies.

It's a matter of time before countries have to start using military force in self defense strikes.

NK is no proxy of Russia. The Russians if they were smart would be using cheapo North Korean labor with mass factories to make them lots of new military goods. They aren't. The North Koreans have been starving to death cornered in their little cubicle. Russia just doesn't have the Corporate Farming to feed the North Koreans and make them their little proxy builder....

Such as we do with countries around the world. If they start shooting because they've all been cornered and are starving....the war won't end until either they are all dead or the nuclear missiles have all been fired.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
I am still reasonably confident nothing of any great serious nature will happen between north and south korea this year.

Can simply be a deflection of whats building in the Mediterranean, although a skirmish is likely to happen since there is a small issue regarding recent artillery strikes, but the main focus is the med.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Actually no, Russia and China just opened up their oil pipeline in efforts to reduce oil distribution by rail.

source : www.themoscowtimes.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just heard on SKY news here in New Zealand Fri 7th Jan'11 - Australia is becoming very concerned about the military buildup in China. I'm also trying to find out what all this huge Military Might from most Countries in the world are doing sitting in the Gulf of Aden. I've heard about the Vortex - something very strange is going on.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Wow, just wow.
A Russian proxy? What alternate reality do you live in?

It's a well known and documented fact that North Korea's ONLY ally is China.

Sorry to burst your Russia-bashing bubble.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I guess we just have to guess what

"inadequate situation"

really means. However uranium
enrichment is mentioned farther
down in the article.

Could the "inadequate situation" be that
NK is switching it's missiles payloads
from conventional to nuclear warheads??
What else could it mean? The world already
knows they have nuclear weapons so it's
not like Iran's "inadequate situation".

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The Russians must have gotten intelligence of a potential event.

NK attacks SK, and if nukes are brought into the foray, the US will unleash theirs on NK, a close ally of China.

China's action will dictate how far things escalate, providing Russia with an opportunity.

No one wants to be found sleeping when a shooting war starts up.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiseupall

Australia and NZ have always worried about China and Indonesia....with good justification but I can not see a confrontation with either of these countries for at least another 20-40 years.

As strange as it sounds I would, however, also be keeping a close eye on India, they seem to be going under the radar - the sleeping giant.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I think they should not be so nervous , you know recently the N.k. asked the south to hold talks , so i beleive that the situation is not so bad.

top topics

join