It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God was behind Big Bang, pope says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Here,here. Changing policy to suit current trends. No witch killings here anymore!

Edit because i wanted to flag above poster but can only star. I don't really know about this flagging and starring shamoley, soz. (I do believe flags are good though, Kailassa I personally flag you in public, well said)
edit on 6-1-2011 by Iam'___' because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

reply to post by cluckerspud

A common misconception amongst the general public is that 'theory' means 'not sure' in science. In electrical engineering, circuit theory is the foundation of our electronics. In medicine, we have three scientific theories that are the core of more or less everything: cell theory, germ theory, and the theory of evolution. In physics, there's atomic theory....etc

In typical discussion, the word theory is just used to say 'I have this idea' rather than 'I'm pretty sure of this'. In science, we refer to this as a hypothesis.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

Yes, there are. Lots of them.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Scientists have a fair good understanding of the Universe right back to a split second after the big bang ( without doing research it's something like 10 to the power of minus 27 seconds( i know i'll get piled on for saying that, but you know where i'm coming from, probably about 10 trillionth of a second out). During this time, at almost an infinity, we do not know what happened. Theoretically time did not exist then, so that moment could of been eternity. What can happen in an eternity? For me it's easy to understand but not when brought back into animal terms. I'm sure many will understand what i'm talking about. Think dreams....inter-dimensional activity.

(Edit to nadd : Approximately 10−37 seconds. Wikipedia.) It's all over my head, I have no commercial degree, just common sense, understanding, free-thinking and a willingness to be wrong from time to time.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Does the Pope think that god once walked around in a garden 5000 years ago and formed Adam from a dirt clod? How about the Pope believing that a talking snake tricked Adam and Eve into eating a fruit that transformed the world into a bad place to live? How about the Pope believing that rainbows are god's promise to never cause another mass extinction on planet Earth?

It is time that Christians started getting their Bible stories from a skeptical thinker, instead of going along with what the Pope is saying.... Skeptics Annotated Bible
edit on 6-1-2011 by quantum_flux because:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
1) You are falling into the god of the gaps trap by saying magic is responsible for complexity and stuff we don't understand (yet).

2) I wouldn't call the pope an authority on science...or morals. He also claims the existence of a magical creature without ever providing evidence, just so his cult can stay in power. He also said a ton of ridiculous stuff like it's only ok for male prostitutes to wear condoms...

Is anyone really gonna believe what he said just because he's the pope? No evidence required? Just BLIND faith?

Kinda sad given we live in the 21st century

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Thank you for saying it so correctly, I can't get the words right myself tonight ( are we allowed to say we are intoxicated on here?).

Anyway, I will speak no further (tonight).

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Well well .. i have to agree with him on that ..

look at each galaxies in the universe... they seem following the fibonachi number
its in everything .. someone left a fingerprint in his creation... he his not a god ...
He is the Creator and father of all .. designer of the Universe

just look at Earth .. a little to close and to far from the sun .. and no life would had been possible
another chance ??

Maybe the Creator is a powerfull billion year old alien or an ascended energy being that we are very far from understand or even comprehend how is that all possible ... we have so many questions .. do we always need a scientific answer to beleive in something ...

Well i dont ..
and i think the pope is right .. maybe Pope benedict is not a Evil pope after all

So you can't be bothered with scientific explanations such as the Universe--what little we know of it--seems to operates along purely physical lines? And the Pope has the answers because...?

I'm willing to bet that you have the same religion as your parents. The good news is that you also display an ability to think beyond the traditional beliefs, stilll, keeping, it seems to me, more or less within the changing framework that the Church has been developing in that last few years which allows the existence of aliens. Why not forge ahead on your own?

One rhetorical question; was it God that recently felt the need to bring ETs into the discussion via the Pope, or was it the push of Science knocking on the Church's front doors?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Hahhaaaa, ATS gold!

I love it!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I'm not quite sure,but I think what you are saying is that 'Theory' is as good as it gets? If I'm right then we're on the same level, all we can do is come up with theories, test and expand where plausible. But I love dreaming up theories, that's what made the human race what it is now. When one is debunked, then that makes more thinking space for the next. So progress progresses from no-gress and progress,

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
im sure the pope know something ... the Vatican secret are much more older then the USA government secret
including area 51

The eglise catolic was the power in old time .. they probably created the bible in their own way
but there is some passage that are related to alien presence and influence

THE POPE KNOWS SOMETHING like all the popes before him ..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I reckon I know more than the Pope on that score, you think the Pope knows more.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Me vs the Pope

And that's just me, only. Pop your unanswered questions and lets go .....

C'MON THEN!!! ... Only joking kidda,look back at the whole thread and re-evaluate, all will make sense.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Just went to PM you but can't find the prompts. Will try again tomorrow (shiiit i drink to much now). Respect geez, good post (thumbs).

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I know in my heart that the human race did not have apes as ancestors. I also know in my heart that the human race did not originate in a stagnant pool of water. We are created beings. We were created with a word, and then the Creator blew life into our nostrils. I've heard a number of white men claim they came from apes, fine, they can be apes if they want. But, I"m a human being(On-kwe-hon-we).

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

You are 98% (of human understanding of) Ape.

Deal with it!

Unless you're claiming to be non-human?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iam'___'
reply to post by alonzo730

You are 98% (of human understanding of) Ape.

Deal with it!

Unless you're claiming to be non-human?

our missing DNA link ... well is not from earth

so basicaly we are all alien hybrids

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Did I say otherwise?

Everything originates from what we know as the big-bang, it's what happened before that is the REAL story!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'm thinking He (God),peeked out and went BOO!, and violia the big bang. Well if the Pope says it, it must be true right and I'm sure God Almighty is relieved to finally be getting the credit. lol Was the Pope not sure until now? Why the announcement?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If you opened a dictionary and looked up the example for the word "platitude", this would be it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Well well .. i have to agree with him on that ..

look at each galaxies in the universe... they seem following the fibonachi number
its in everything .. someone left a fingerprint in his creation... he his not a god ...
He is the Creator and father of all .. designer of the Universe

just look at Earth .. a little to close and to far from the sun .. and no life would had been possible
another chance ??

Maybe the Creator is a powerfull billion year old alien or an ascended energy being that we are very far from understand or even comprehend how is that all possible ... we have so many questions .. do we always need a scientific answer to beleive in something ...

Well i dont ..
and i think the pope is right .. maybe Pope benedict is not a Evil pope after all

VATICAN CITY — God's mind was behind complex scientific theories such as the Big Bang, and Christians should reject the idea that the universe came into being by accident, Pope Benedict said Thursday.

"The universe is not the result of chance, as some would want to make us believe," Benedict said on the day Christians mark the Epiphany, the day the Bible says the three kings reached the site where Jesus was born by following a star.

"Contemplating it (the universe) we are invited to read something profound into it: the wisdom of the creator, the inexhaustible creativity of God," he said in a sermon to some 10,000 people in St. Peter's Basilica on the feast day.

Link
edit on 1/6/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

I totally agree, Ben81 - it makes perfect sense to me. In fact it's what I have always thought..
Theistic evolution rules!
Vicky

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join