It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God was behind Big Bang, pope says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well well .. i have to agree with him on that ..

look at each galaxies in the universe... they seem following the fibonachi number
its in everything .. someone left a fingerprint in his creation... he his not a god ...
He is the Creator and father of all .. designer of the Universe

just look at Earth .. a little to close and to far from the sun .. and no life would had been possible
another chance ??

Maybe the Creator is a powerfull billion year old alien or an ascended energy being that we are very far from understand or even comprehend how is that all possible ... we have so many questions .. do we always need a scientific answer to beleive in something ...

Well i dont ..
and i think the pope is right .. maybe Pope benedict is not a Evil pope after all

VATICAN CITY — God's mind was behind complex scientific theories such as the Big Bang, and Christians should reject the idea that the universe came into being by accident, Pope Benedict said Thursday.

"The universe is not the result of chance, as some would want to make us believe," Benedict said on the day Christians mark the Epiphany, the day the Bible says the three kings reached the site where Jesus was born by following a star.

"Contemplating it (the universe) we are invited to read something profound into it: the wisdom of the creator, the inexhaustible creativity of God," he said in a sermon to some 10,000 people in St. Peter's Basilica on the feast day.

Link
edit on 1/6/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
These are the ideals that I appreciate. I have always asked: Why can't science and religion get along? I am a Christian, but that does not mean that I discredit science. Just because I can't "factually" prove my religion, doesn't mean it isn't real. I believe the Bible is a guideline of how to live our (human) lives - but that does not mean that there are not other life forms, habitable planets, etc.

My God could be the creator of everything - or just the creator of everything I know of... Who is to say anything definitively? But back to the topic of this post - I agree completely in the Big Bang Theory, and that God was the one who caused it, thus setting into motion the sequence of events that created our world. (The Bible never defines the first 7 days as 24 hour cycles of time...)

Great post! S&F

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

.. do we always need a scientific answer to beleive in something ...

Not to believe in something, no; you can believe whatever you want.

Unless there's evidence to back it up though it will not be regarded as fact by the vast majority
edit on 6/1/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The universe is not the result of chance

cant get more clear then that

we dont need to know the how .. what magic or tech was used to created the universe

Follow Destiny's mission

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This statement is beyond laughable for my standards. Now he's saying "god" caused the big bang? How many more discoveries will it take until theists finally realize that there is absolutely NO evidence for gods? Do they not realize the problem of infinite regression? How can a deity exist infinitely into the past (alpha, beginning, always was, etc.)? The "creator" requires a creator for himself, which in turn requires his creator to also have a creator and so on, thus causing infinite regression. The pope needs to prove it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Good call from the POPE!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well,i know he is talking from a religion point-of-view,of course...but the pope is not a physicist nor a astrophysicist. so...yeah...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

He is saying it because of recent scientific studies the Vatican has been overseeing. SOme experiments with colliders and celestial um interactions. He is doing what he must. Vatican has secrets for long time many they didnt fully understand until recent time aswell.

just to add

CX

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So is this science and religion "getting along" as one member has suggested above....or is it the Pope finally admitting that the Big Bang was actualy responsible for the birth of the universe....but trying to save face by saying God still had some part to play in it?

I bet the Pope secretly has a copy of Scienific American nestling somewhere between the pages of his bible.

CX.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If the pope is right,

Why can't we read it in the bible then ?

"on the first day God created the heaven and earth..."

It should have said something else like : "on the first day God created time and space... or God created the expansion of heaven...

Don't you wonder why Moses never wrote that ?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's nice the Pope is trying to make science and christianity get along.

Mind you i said nice, not necessarily right. It's still a little dubious.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by css1981
If the pope is right,

Why can't we read it in the bible then ?

"on the first day God created the heaven and earth..."

It should have said something else like : "on the first day God created time and space... or God created the expansion of heaven...

Don't you wonder why Moses never wrote that ?
The people in that era didn't realize that "heaven" is actually space itself. Once you leave the atmosphere and explore the cosmos, you've reached the heavens. But, because some extraterrestrials visited them to provide their incredible knowledge or they just had vivid imaginations, they misinterpreted lots of things that have already been explained through science. I'm still waiting until they all figure it out. I'd like to see religion disappear...forever.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
he declared not to long ago that beleiving in aliens is okay .. and now this

to make the difference between aliens and God(Creator)

Aliens who have god like powers are not the ones who created this bigbang so that life in the universe may be possible

since the universe is very very old .. humans are the Benjamin's of space
the new born ... in a universe with thousand of more advanced races

advanced or not .. we are all egual..
this is what the Creator wanted us to understand
once we realise that .. we will be able to advance more

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

cant get more clear then that

we dont need to know the how .. what magic or tech was used to created the universe

Follow Destiny's mission

It isn't very scientific to believe in chance and coincidence unless you need something to replace God.
What is the chance of everything happening by chance? Absolutly no chance. Pure logic.
SnF
edit on 6-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We would have to many coincidences in our hands to beleive that they are just chances

when we have that many coincidences ... its common sens and logic that we start questionning
the chances of happening for the coincidences

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Does the poop happen to say which god?

If it’s the one he guesses is right the one, then he’s having a laugh because there’s no mention of a big bang in the bible, all you get is a Jewish wizard poofted a flat earth into existence, then something about a naked chick (who was made out of ribs!) and a talking snake – ok I gave it up at that point, but still no big bangs

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This Pope is nuts. Unless it was Satan that has been messing with redshift in quasars to make it appear as though the universe is NOT expanding and instead was just result of scientists misunderstanding of what redshift means and proving dopler effect does not apply to light thus rendering the big band theory hogwash.
Edit: I guess this really is where science and religion meet, unfortunately it's where science has been crossing over toward the religous side and not the other way around.
edit on 6-1-2011 by PplVSNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

The only Creator .. cant be more
Creator = the kind and loving god who created the universe

all the religion have certain truth about aliens
it was influenced by them in the first place .. humans translanted the story many time
and now they look like Theatral metaphores

People from the sky would had been better then Angel with big white wings
i have to agree the angels metaphores is quite a nice one
lol

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by randyvs

We would have to many coincidences in our hands to beleive that they are just chances

when we have that many coincidences ... its common sens and logic that we start questionning
the chances of happening for the coincidences

You lost me. But I think that's a fine example of the confusion that results when you eliminate The one factor that puts rhyme and reason to everything.

Racasan

Does the poop happen to say which god?

Oh hell! I'm gone

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

You say, "How can a deity exist infinitely into the past..." I cannot prove this through science, hence faith. But I will challenge you with this... "How can everything we are/will be/have been" be created from nothing?" Again, no answer. And if there was "something", then where did it come from? Either way you look at it, there has always had to be something in order to create everything we know. Neither of us can prove what that "something" is - whether it is science or religion, a certain amount of faith must exist in the fact that there has always been "something".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join