It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qi'gong Master John Chang: "Great change is coming, old wisdom leaving."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
"Old wisdom leaving"? Any ones thoughts as to what the master was refering to? PEACE. S & F great post, thank you!

Well seems pretty evident when you look at the concept of "priorities" and how it applies to humanity in this day and age.

I don't know but I feel an overwhelming sense of plastic selfishness and frantic panic when trying to keep ahead and your head above ground and meet societies rites and passages.

Seems we are becoming self centred as opposed to community centred. Not to mention shifting from natural resourced to technologically resourced.
We will probably see two human sub species emerging much sooner than later. Species A: roots from the country. Species B: roots from the city.

The old ways and the wisdom contained there within speaks to a time when the mind was quite, tranquil, and disciplined, awareness was honed to the minutiea and included an understanding of the connectedness that exists between all living things. And a deep respect for local and global ecology, and how humanity blends and uses the knowledge they learn for medicines and growth.

Now get me my "Big" double cream mocha cafe and double cup it this time please!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by angelonholiday

Yes this even happened in wing chun before YIP man hence the five elementsThinking is embedded in in Wing Chun we just don't know the knowledge.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
I believe these energies exist but only at the intellectual level. Why only intellectual level I have no idea....synchronicity has been shown to me on an absurd level over and over. Those coincidences that are beyond coincidence yet when you try to tell someone they look at you odd.

Seems I am constantly forgetting this sort of thing exists and is as real as this keyboard I am typing on right now.

Speaking of synchronicity, I never knew the definition until yesterday, I've always followed it, but never knew it was termed. Afterward, (obviously researching into chi even more) at night during dinner with the family, we were watching Modern Family, where Reiki was mentioned. Immediately I thought of synchronicity.

And speaking of Synchronicity:

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by angelonholiday

Yes this even happened in wing chun before YIP man hence the five elementsThinking is embedded in in Wing Chun we just don't know the knowledge.

I was JUST talking to my brother 15 minutes ago, if he knew anything about Bruce Lee mentioning Chi in his works. I'm trying to understand the belief of chi in the chinese community and external martials as opposed to inner martial arts. Now I read your post mentioning Wing Chun, Bruce Lee's initial martial art, and how it's connected to chi basics, at least from what I implied from your post.

I'm going to research into Wing Chun, see if that connection is valid.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

On the other hand the majority of people believes almost everything that is stated to them from authorities, goverments, schools, media and else.

It all comes down to who you trust and in this case I believe you will only trust authorities from known universities that are trust worthy in your opinion.

For instance, let's say a lesser known, and completely unknown, to you, Indian institute, verified this man's capabilities; you would still call out for BUNK.

Yes?

Now here is a problem, authorities do not have monopoly on truth, in fact authorities are shown to be lying every single day.

In case, you missed it, take a look at wikileaks.

Consider now that you are calling for a second source, a trust worthy one. Who will it be?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Great post
thanks
I have seen this before somewhere.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This guy is really cool - i've seen him before.

Good post.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Thekid90

If you think of the human body especially the "energy fields" as a wire carrying current it is helpful to understand how one can do harm to onesself. In a wire there is resistance to the flow of electrons measured as an ohm value. if you increase the flow of electrons along the wire a byproduct of resistance is "heat". Increase the flow even further and you will eventually burn out the wire, causing a "short circuit". However, if you "purify" the wire, ie., remove impurieties within the makeup of the wire you can increase the flow of electrons without producing as signigficant a resistance. You can also further, align the molecules of the wire in the direction of electron flow and even reduce the resistance to nill by extreme cooling and make the wire "super conductive".

This is an illustration of what occurs when a person is impure in thoughts, deeds, body and spirit. The impurities, inhibit the natural flow of "Chi" or "Prana" and can "bottleneck" the flow to the point that it creates illness in the physical body. It is my firm belief that physical pain and infirmity, disease and infection are a result of resistance or impurities to the flow of "Chi". Therefore if one begins to actively "cultivate"\"concentrate" these energies within an impure vessel, then much harm, to the eventual point of burnout "death of the physical aspect" can occur.

This is why I implore one to either find a master or purify oneself in thought, voice, deed and spirit. Also I might add that a "go it slow" approach is benificial. If you would "attain" then please realize that this will be the longest, hardest path one can travel. Also the rewards run from the merely profound, to the unbelievable. No amount of espousing will convince anyone, however experiancing, thats another matter entirely.

YouSir

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Two things.

I have practiced the martial arts my whole life...it was a bit of an obsession for a number of years.

I believe in Chi..as an energy we all posses, but which is poorly understood by contemporary science.

I have seen it used in subtle but powerful ways.

I also have a rational mind and am a skeptic. I look to obvious explanations first.

I have seen this video before...my concerns.

The chopstick through the table? Could be a pre-drilled hole...drilled just deep enough to not puncture the upper suface. If he can't find the soft spot from the top of the table, he can find it with his fingers from below and slam the stick up through the hole.

The newspaper/fire? He carefully tears the paper into two pieces and then crumples them together...why not just crumple it and then use chi to light it? I suspect each page of the paper has been doused with a different chemical and when they are crumpled together a chemical reaction induced heat/flame results.

Otherwise...I am confident I could repeat both the newspaper catching fire thing and Chopstick thing and convince onlookers.

Not saying he is a fraud...just saying if I was there I would examine the table thoroughly for pre-drilled starter holes under and above for the chopstick trick...

and I would examine his hands for an unuasual chemical odor before he did the paper trick....why tear it into two seperate pages and then crumple them together?

I would make him take his shoes off for the light the led trick and examine him for a battery or very low current electrical source his body might be in contact with...and only then consider the less likely answers.
edit on 7-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
A simple test:

Imagine the energy moves from your chest, through your arm to the end of your hand.

Make that hand a fist and strike something light

Now repeat the movement but this time visualise the energy pulsing through your arm (from your chest) and converging at the point where your skin strikes the surface of what you are hitting.

Another test is to visualise the energy flowing (like your blood) to the centre of your hand or the tip of a finger.

Concentrate the point so visualise the energy moving to that point and the point itself becoming smaller and smaller

If done right you will feel a heat spot in that area, very focused

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I've never heard of John Chang..This was a wonderful video i found it very interesting thank you for posting this..now im going to go back and watch it again..I belive something is changing and its happening fast..thanks again..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelonholiday
Master John Chang is known within the Martial arts community to be a genuine master.

Actually, he is considered to be a fraud in the Martial Arts community.

What he shows in the video are common Chinese parlor tricks. He shows skill in presenting these tricks, but it is just illusionism comparable to what you'll see in Vegas.

I practice Qi Gong myself, and know that Qi Gong is real, but it is not about cheap parlor tricks.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by YouSir

I see, thank you very much for the illustration and explanation. It adds logic and a bit of science to what I believe can be applied to.

My intention from the start was to take it slow and get a good feel of energy itself, then further train on my own from what I can gather. However now I see further training should really be supervised.

May I ask how have you become so knowledged in this field?

edit on 7-1-2011 by Thekid90 because: fixing grammar and spelling.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Thank you, I definitely see your logic, I saw a video of a man using chemicals to light up a newspaper, although the way he did so seemed off, HOWEVER, you are right, why did Chang seperate them in 2 like so? I brushed it off at first as a way a Chinese man carries himself.

Also the chopstick and table also seem suspicious as well.

Your logic and some other things have shown me that most Chang's abilities can be parlor tricks, my only refute would be the setting and the way everything unfold as pretty genuine, although how much weight does that hold?

reply to post by fedeykin

Not to say that he isn't a fraud, and I've seen a few claims as well, but I'm wondering are there any evidence that has swayed so many people to believe he's a fraud other than the fact that what he has displayed has been hoaxed by others?

All I see in forums are people debunking him simply because his abilities reflect parlor tricks. I want to know what started so many people to claim he's a fraud as fact, there must be more to it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sifu John Chang is not a fake. Most people really have no idea what power they posses within them.

It does take a lot of training to master Qigong, and a lot of people think because real masters like Sifu John Chang do not like publicity, because it goes against the teachings, that they must be fakes.

There is an old saying. "Once the student is ready, the master will appear."

Most people are not ready for these teachings, and much less to master their Chi, even those who think they are, and only if you are ready will you have the will and knowledge on how to find real Masters/Sifus/Senseis, like Sifu John Chang.

What's more, eventually you might find that the only Master/Sifu/Sensei you really need could be found inside of you, but that's even harder to find.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thekid90
reply to post by maybereal11

Thank you, I definitely see your logic, I saw a video of a man using chemicals to light up a newspaper, although the way he did so seemed off, HOWEVER, you are right, why did Chang seperate them in 2 like so? I brushed it off at first as a way a Chinese man carries himself.

Also the chopstick and table also seem suspicious as well.

Your logic and some other things have shown me that most Chang's abilities can be parlor tricks, my only refute would be the setting and the way everything unfold as pretty genuine, although how much weight does that hold?

Qigong is amazing on it's own without the parlor tricks.

Recent hard science and research studies have shown that these forms of breathing, excersise and meditation literally changes brain structure, boosts immunity significantly in a scientifically measurable way, can turn pain centers off and on and a whole plethora of things doctors used to think was impossible.

I once sparred with a genuine Wing Chung master bare fisted and full force. He asked me politely not to hold back. I thought I was a good martial artist, embarrassing to admit I had an ego at the time, even though I kept it hidden. I had years of training in various styles, but he calmly slapped me around like a child while I threw everything I had at him. I never landed a punch, elbow or knee. By his breathing and expression during the match he might as well have been doing a crossword puzzle. The match ended when he stepped in close and seemed to slightly brush my hip with his hand. He stepped back...I stepped forward and my left leg buckled and I fell to the floor. I didn't get up until he came over pushed a nuckle into my thigh and my leg worked again.

He was the most frightening man I ever met in 20 plus years sparring, training, teaching....Not only was he insanely good, but I got a bad vibe from him..dark, but I am confident what he did had a scientific explanation even if it has never been examined or articulated by science.

That is as close to paranormal I ever got in the martial arts.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don't need to read this thread to know the great change is coming, I don't know if I'm allowed to speak about it to you people, but the age of Aquarius will symbolize a lot of things, and yes one of them is the "son of Christ"
Let's just say that corruption has gone on for quite enough time, it will be stopped, and no I am not waiting for a hero to save us, you will all know the time of his coming, the sky will be filled of darkness, then a sudden blue light crosses the sky, saving you people from your fate.

When the time comes each and everyone of you must do their part, it's not about us, we have had our time, what this change is for, is the future.

Children will live without the threat of a pedophile taking them away, where all nations women can show their faces for the first time, where education becomes free for all, rogue nations see their place, and welcome peace for at least one thousand years.

I have seen it every time I dream, and seen the face of the savior himself, which has lead me to believe, that this "savior" is each and every good person, that we all have the same potenional, if Jesus' story was real maybe that is the potenrional of everyone who has it in them. So weather or not that is true, I will play my part when the time comes. As I hope you all will to.

That part being, sticking up for what you know is right, not letting evil rule like it has for centuries but taking a stand, this is the symbolism of 2012. It is a great change for us, and the end of the world for evil and it's corrupted followers.

This I say to you.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Anthony1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by komisch
reply to post by Wiseupall

Here is an amazing website, I am not sure if the sounds are the Solfeggio harmonics, but this mediation is out of this world. Click on link and then click on 'free healing experience' on top .
It is free, because this person wants us all the be healthy for a better future.
I was looking up Solfeggio harmonic (many on youtube) and remembered that I have this saved. I used to do this once a week, need to get back to doing it again.
www.quantumk.co.uk...

edit on 6-1-2011 by komisch because: (no reason given)

Thankyou, I'll look that up. Cheers!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Thekid90, thanks for the OP & excellent video. Of course, I have no problems believing this is genuine phenomena. Did he share his meditation technique?

I think many of us here are aware that something strange & unsettling is happening in the world.

Many theories, much unknown.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Capod2t, be aware that the "Abraham Hicks" material is NOT coming from a high source. I hope it's only Esther's subconscious and not some disincarnate prankster. Most of the "manifestation" info is correct. But there's some really bad info: tidbits like "There's no karma." and suicide is okay. Dangerous cr*p.

SeaWind

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join