It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Powerful Healing Mudras

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Today, I'd like to share four rather powerful healing mudras:

First, sit in the half or full lotus position with the spine straight and relax the shoulders.

The first Mudra is a slight variation of the pure yang mudra (visit this link first). Instead of forming an half-like sphere with your fingers, you must extend them so the little fingers will point downward, the ring, middle and index fingers will point forward and the thumbs will point upward. Only the distal phalanges are together. The index and ring fingers remain unjoined (parallelly pointing forward) and must not touch the other joined fingers. This will form a pyramid-like shape with the four unjoined fingers symbolizing its four sides. Place the mudra near the belly. The navel must be in the middle of the formed figure.

The second Mudra is the same as the first except that the distal phalanges of the two ring fingers are joined (pointing forward). The ring fingers are distanced from the little and middle fingers and the two unjoined index fingers always parallelly point forward. 

The third Mudra is the same as the second except that the distal phalanges of the two index fingers are joined (pointing forward). The index fingers are distanced from the thumbs and middle fingers.

The fourth Mudra is made with both hands separated. The distal phalanges of the middle, ring and little fingers are joined with the distal phalange of the thumb (palms up), the index fingers point forward and the forearms, on each sides of the body, are parallel to the ground... I'm convinced that this Mudra is the missing one from the Tripura Tapini Upanishad called "the goad":

The seventh wheel cures all diseases; has eight forces such as the force to subdue; has its mysteries; and bears the mystic mark of the khechari.

These four Mudras are, of course, done with the eyes closed.

For multiple reasons, these Mudras will not work with everybody. If you feel an electric-like current along the central nervous system while performing them, you're the lucky one.

Namaste.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
hmmm...Namaste to you too!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them.
edit on 6-1-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm disappointed to see that there's almost no interest in Mudras.

Synthetic pharmaceutical products only temporarily alleviate symptoms without attacking the cause. Mudras, on the other side, cure everything.

Here's two other powerful healing Mudras:

1) Put your palms up and join the distal phalange of the thumb with the distal phalange of the little, ring, middle and index fingers. Do this with each hand. This Mudra is in direct relation with Udana vayu.

2) Palms up, join the distal phalange of the thumb with the distal phalange of little and middle fingers. Do this with each hand.

I really don't need to tell the benefits of each Mudras. You will be Aware, yourself, of the effects. There's nothing better than learning by personal experiences.
edit on 21-1-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I forgot this Mudra (the last one of this thread, you can rest assured):

It's the same as the first one from the first post except that the distal phalanges of the two index fingers are joined (pointing forward). The index fingers are, of course, distanced from the thumbs and middle fingers and the two unjoined ring fingers always parallely point forward.

Concerning the first posted Mudra, it is exactly as Master Zhongxian Wu said: there is water over fire. The entire body is first rehydrated and after a while, the generated Chi near the navel, too condensed, propagates into the entire body. This is the ignition phase (the body being perfectly protected by the water element) and toxins aswell as viruses are obliterated.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Never heard of this....I'm going to have to give it a try. Can any be performed while lying down?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Hi amongus.

Yes, they all can be performed while lying down but I strongly suggest you to try them firstly in the lotus position. If you don't perceive any results, please let me know. It's probably because your central nervous system (what the ancients depicted as a serpent) hasn't been "awakened" through effortless pranayama/visualization techniques or, while performing them, you have not become a detached witness (the Purusha) and the mind isn't quiet.
edit on 26-1-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Here's some useful info, these are ten healing mudras and description how to use them, many comments also... Its not complicated, but i have no idea if it works (im very healthy so i didn't try them
... Friend of mine told me long time ago about this and that he reduced his heart problems by using them. He mentioned some of these:

healing mudras
edit on 25-3-2011 by op0sum because: wrong link

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by op0sum

Even if you're very healthy, you can use mudras as a preventive measure.

To maintain an optimum health, I suggest you to perform the hakini mudra (the third mudra of the first post) and the following one everyday (at least 20 minutes for each mudras in the morning):

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
Put your palms up and join the distal phalange of the thumb with the distal phalange of the little, ring, middle and index fingers. Do this with each hand. This Mudra is in direct relation with Udana vayu.

This above mudra is extremely good for the brain, it rehydrates the body and helps the immune system.

From the Pranagnihotra Upanishad:

The offering to Prana is made with the little finger and the thumb. With the ring finger and the thumb is made the offering to Apana. With the middle finger and the thumb is made that to Vyana, with all fingers is the offering made to Udana and with the forefinger and the thumb is made the offering to Samana.

Info on Udana (found on the web):

Udana is located in the head region as well as the limbs, between the shoulders and the fingertips, and from the hips down to the toes. It is associated with the motor and sensory nervous system. Udana controls an immense amount of energy. It coordinates and activates the nervous system, moves the limbs of the body and receives and categorizes the different sensory inputs from the external world. Udana is connected intimately with the functions of the five senses, eyes, nose, mouth, ears and touch. If this prana becomes weak or disturbed, we find it difficult to coordinate, balance and integrate our sensory and motor nerves.

By mastering udana, one of the five currents of prana, chiefly connected with vertical motion, the yogin makes his body essentially impervious to external influences, including the presence of gravity and the inevitability of death.

Additional info on Udana vayu can be found here.

Have a nice day and thanks for the link.
edit on 26-3-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Hi Dissident, I experimented a lot with mudras when I first awakened. I was practicing yoga at 17, and meditating. I have sensitive hand chakras and feel energy in the palms. One night I was praying to Mother Mary for someone and felt spikes of energy shooting out through all my fingertips. A one time thing.
A very nice mudra formation is that of the Five Dhyani Buddhas
mudras:
www.anna-world.com...

corresponding chant:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by op0sum

Excellent reply!

I think that mudra for lunges health and vitality once helped my, but I cant say for sure since it also might be a placebo effect...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Know any mudras to heal epilepsy??

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There's a gemstone that should help with epilepsy dear above poster. I'll look it up for you.

Hi dissident. Nice thing those mudras. It's like a universal language or something. Something the cosmos knows as signals of what to do.

I definetly will try them all out.

mudraman.

a gemstone that helps epilepsy should be Sugilite According to my gemstoneguide Kunzite should also help with epilepsy. It is worth the try and I think they aren't very high priced. You could look for one to help yourself or this person.

I've known a man to be cured from anemia with a carneol
edit on 2011/4/7 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I had read an article some years back, but it has definily come to my atteneion at just the right time.
Blessings!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ahhh the perfect place to post this vid . Thank you)

Also see here for the meaning : www.dharma-haven.org...
edit on 7-4-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
whoaaaaah bluemooone, such a catchy.. song. Very nice

Ohm mani padme hum times thousnd.

I'll definetly listen to it times a day.

very nice find.

Splashy waterwave.

It was a very nice day, now it's time for a good night of sleep and recovery.

I must se, namaste
edit on 2011/4/7 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm curious to see images of the others you talk about, is there any link to what they look like? I have a great book of mudras as well and if you can at least provide names of them I can look them up.

Great post!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by orrite??

Know any mudras to heal epilepsy?

I'm not an expert but I'd suggest the Hakini mudra or, if does not work, the ones associated with epilepsy here:

Different mudras for different diseases

Originally posted by atzmaz

I'm curious to see images of the others you talk about, is there any link to what they look like?  I have a great book of mudras as well and if you can at least provide names of them I can look them up...

Well... The first one is almost identical to the pure yang mudra and I recently found that the third one can be named Hakini. For the others, I don't have any pictures, links or names. They are part of my personal system of 46 mudras which is as follow:

1) The first 31 mudras = from left to right: thumb, index, middle, ring and little finger (joined with the same finger of the other hand). 0=unjoined/1=joined distal phalanges. 00000=not a mudra:

2) The last 15 mudras (second column only) = from left to right: thumb, index, middle, ring and little finger (the thumb joined with the other indicated finger(s) of the same hand).0=unjoined/1=joined distal phalanges. 10000=not a mudra:

00000 10000
00001 10001
00010 10010
00011 10011
00100 10100
00101 10101
00110 10110
00111 10111
01000 11000
01001 11001
01010 11010
01011 11011
01100 11100
01101 11101
01110 11110
01111 11111
edit on 7-4-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The following one seems to boost your immune system Sky-High:

It is a slight variation the mystic mark of the triangle of the Tripura Tapini Upanishad.

Comfortably lay down on your back, put your right hand, palm down, on the belly over the navel (all the fingers spaciously separated from each other) and perform the following Mudra with your left hand (leave approximately 15 cm between this laid down hand and the thigh... the palm of this left hand is up):

Join the distal phalanx of the thumb with the distal phalanx of the little finger and the distal phalanx of the middle finger with the distal phalanx (nail side) of the ring finger, the index finger being left free like a rod parallelly pointing in the same direction of the legs.

If you suffer from insomnia, do not perform this before sleep time.

For the curious ones, this is what you can read in the in the Upanishad:

"He who knows the mystic mark of the triangle attracts all; he knows all; enjoys all fruits; he breaks up all and immobilizes the foe. Keeping the middle fingers over the ring fingers, he brings together the little fingers and the thumbs, the forefingers being left free like rods... Thus is the first mark made (the triangle)."

They probably mean: "he immobilizes and breaks up all the foes.".
edit on 31-5-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Namaste,

Thanks so much for info about pure yang mudra variation. No doubt they are very powerful. May I ask what is your source of variation ,is it from you teacher or you created variation by yourself. Just experimenting with first variant , within few days will share my expierience.mudras are not only effective and profound but seems great fun too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join