It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little reminder!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Worth case scenario!? Will SHTF or not!? Should we prepare? Or NOT?

Well of all those theories out there, we can never be 100% sure if SHTF! We humans are very famous for denying almost everything, even when the truth is right in our faces. So what should we prepare for? To be honest I have no freakin idea!!! Will it keep me from getting ready for something? Nope!
I think everybody should have a plan or at least a little urge of just thinking about these kinda things! So think about it! You sitting behind your computer reading about these idiots talking about something is going to happen, yeah right get a life right! Next thing u know, u find yourself with no home, no computer or ipod ps3 etc. All alone, people dead everywhere, your family gone! What now?
I think about these things a little different. Should something in the near future take place, don’t matter what, at least I took a day of thinking of a plan. It’s not like I wasted my life here or something.

So what’s my plan!? Pretty simple! See I live in a city so im not going to get ready for battle looking like Rambo with a huge truck and a load full of C4
All I did, and this is the least u should do too, is a first aid kit and a survival kit, got me a map of my surroundings so I find the easiest way to get out of the city. And this doesn’t mean oh im going to be just fine with my first aid kit, it means u should know how to use it too!!! And that’s it. That’s all I need! Now if u have a family, wife and kids I would do everything I can to get them to safety incase SHTF. My wife wouldn’t understand my thinking on this subject and I don’t blame her for it. She believes that if something would happen we would see it on TV first. Yeah right to that! So I got our self prepared without her even knowing it.lol so if SHTF I know exactly what to grab where to go. For me my next stop would be the gun shop down town that my friend owns. LOl
So to all ATS’ers out there get ready! For what; like I said I don’t know I don’t give a S::: lol
And if u don’t. Then I wish u good luck and good health anyways. Oh and incase nothing ever happens, don’t worry that someone will laugh at u for being prepared. But if u look back at our history u will see that SHTF. And I see SHTF almost every day in other countries. If a river gets to high and floods the towns and your house is full of water, that’s a little SHTF for me. So do yourself a favor, be prepared.
Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Its nice to know that other people are taking this seriously as well. Who knows what will happen, at least be prepared. I am going to get a SHTF bag ready so if something goes down I can peace right away. I think I'm going to go to the shooting range too and get a rifle. Not to mention, a dirt bike would be a good investment as well. Easy and quick transportation out of the city and into the mountains. You should think about hitting an army/ navy store and look for some tools to help you build a bunker just in case.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Good thread, I live by the saying 'Better to have it and not need than to need it and no have it' !!

I have an extensive medical kit (Medical Techy) as well as lots of other stuff. I also have a 650cc V-Twin 4x4 ATV that will go anywhere although not sure I would fit my entire family on it lol.

Prepare and hope you never need to use it

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Having transportation is a very good thing to think about! For myself, I would use my mountain bike! It’s light weight, robust and I can get up hills very good with it, since it is one of my hobbies to go biking trough the woods and so. Plus I don’t have to worry about getting fuel for it
The most important item is that grab bag though. Like I said it is very important to know how to use your med and survival kit. Just try for yourself and practice the four basics of survival.
1 Shelter
2 Food & Water
3 Fire
4 First aid
And don’t forget self defense

edit on 6-1-2011 by macG84 because: forgot something i wanted to add

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here is a general rule of thumb to help you narrow down the SHTF scenarios you have to prep for.

Don’t waste your time prepping for the extreme 90% population death scenarios. Because you will most likely be in the majority, and that is the only sure bet.

If a nuke hits your city, you will be dead.
If a killer virus spreads through, you will be dead.
If an asteroid hits, you will be dead.
If your city literally drops off in the ocean, you will be dead.
If military descends on your town to kill everyone, then you are already dead.

So, don’t worry about it.

If you happen to be one of those “one in a million” survivors, then you can worry about it after the fact.

Put your time and effort into the normal every day junk that can plague the city, stuff that doesn’t hit your directly, and stuff that you can see coming. Stuff where you and the rest of your peps will most likely survive, but the infrastructure won’t.

Tornados.
Hurricanes
Earthquakes
Floods.
Fires
Riots/social collapse.
Power outages
Water shortages.
Food shortages.
Energy shortages.
Bombings.
Dirty bombs
Distant nuke strikes.
Chemical and bio attacks.

If you are in a house that is one of those relatively new houses that is almost air tight, with a fresh air supply system, then prepping for a distant nuke strike, or chem, and bio attacks is relatively easy.

Just install a system that blocks off the fresh air supply on demand. If the radioactive fallout, or chemical agents pass through your area, then lock the doors, turn off the fresh air supply, and lock yourselves in until the threat passes.

Everything else is just the normal stuff. Fuel, food, water, lighting, hunting and camping supplies.
Extra fuel for car, generator, cooking, heating, and lighting.
Food to eat.
Water to drink
Light to see by.
Hunting equipment to get food and defend yourself with.
And camping and backpacking equipment to sleep in, carry some of the prestated stuff is you don’t have use of a car or your house.

That will cover you for most stuff.

Don’t worry about trying to hide in the forest if the government comes after the people. They will find you sooner or later, and that will be that. You can’t hide forever. So don’t prep for dead end scenarios. It is a waste of time.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by macG84

here is something i wanted to add

check this guy's Kit out, something simular u should all have!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I see a recurring theme over and over here on ATS, and that's the number of people who will "head to the hills". I can tell you that if that is your plan you best be getting your destination location pinpointed and arranging for rent or purchase and shelter now. If the SHTF many of us already in the country/hills/boonies will not take kindly to a bunch of city folk pouring in and squatting on our farmlands, in our woods, and on our mountains acting as if they have the right to be there..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

i dont think anything belongs to anybody dude!how can u own mother nature!?tell me please!
didnt u say the same bs. in your post.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by macG84

Again, someone who isn't willing to prepare a location with the same degree of dedication they put into a bug out bag.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

I think that anyone who prepares, and has a location, especially an undeveloped area, has every right to be there. If I run to the hills and see no one there, or at least where im at. I don't want anybody telling me I can't be there. We're all gonna be in the same situation, so why don't we join forces and get through it together????

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

Probably has something to do with a lot of the posts that end up in SHTF about greedy city folks bragging how they will run to the country and kill people that are prepared, because they think themselves and their families deserve it more. Tell ya what, if TSHTF I won't be letting people camp on my land, hell if someone looks like a threat and cross the property line, chances are they will be dead lol. People seem to think that pillaging and stealing will be ok in a SHF scenario.
edit on Fri, 07 Jan 2011 08:46:03 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Thank you for saying what needs to be said. Most every "survivalist" on this site sees themselves as the protagonist in some kind of post-Apocalyptic movie. Some perfect mix of Rambo, Mad Max, and "generic zombie killing hero".

To repeat, in a mass extinction scenario, you are more than likely to be part of the mass in question. On the bright side, maybe the hero will find your BOB handy.

edit on 7-1-2011 by WickettheRabbit because: Braaainnsss...Braainnss!

new topics

top topics

join