It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Al-Qaeda Targets Italy Next

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
In a statement written in Italian, allegedly from Osama Bin Laden, Al-Qaeda is has set Italy as it's next target. The threat is for retaliation of Italy's Prime Minister's Berlusconi's position to fight terrorism and support for the War in Iraq.

Al-Qaeda: Italy is Next Target
The statement, written in poor Italian and believed to be by Osama bin Laden, has been published in an Islamist site and included in the evening news broadcast of an Italian TV channel.

To all who speak Italian, starts the statement, written with numerous grammar and spelling mistakes and published together with a text in Arabic.

This is the first time that Al-Qaeda threatened the Italians in their own native language.

At the beginning of July Paris and Rome announced they are taking terror threats against European targets very seriously.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This new threat is also covered on JihadWatch.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I was reading some of Sollog's predictions and he states on his website that an attack would take place in Rome - but he was talking about a nuclear attack (Israel/Rome/DC) according to the site. Still, weird...

www.sollog.com...

Meanwhile, isn't there a part of the Third Secret of Fatima about Rome being attacked and the Pope having to 'flee' (?) Maybe nothing to do with this current warning...

Pretty unnerving for Italy, nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This link is dated 01.06.04

Al-Qaeda singles out Berlusconi
ACERBIC comments directed at Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi and attributed to al-Qaeda were widely reported in the Italian press today, just days ahead of a visit to Rome by US President George W Bush.
news.com.au...

I had a comment, but i'll save it for the mud-pit.

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If its something Alqueda is good at it, is keeping the world on the edge and keeping the world leaders mind on him, I have to give him and Alqueda that credit.

He is showing US and Bush that they are still active and ready even if its only through letters and threats but nerveless is making him be heard.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is a method of intimidation that alQaeda is using to keep everyone on edge and it appears it is working well. They are figuring "What country is going to be targeted next?" Who shall we put on edge next? They are succeeding in causing the terror level to go up even when nothing happens.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Again, this is why the person who becomes "Commander and Chief" needs
to "make the peace" with other world leaders and work together to rid the world of these idiots.

These threats and attacks will continue as long as the current administration is in power.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This is a diversion, dis-information. Keep your eyes open people

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mako0956
These threats and attacks will continue as long as the current administration is in power.

I happen to think that these threats and attacks will continue to happen no matter which administration is in power.... This is not a problem that started with our current administration but has been happening for years.

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Those Camel Jockys better stay away from my homeland!

[edit on 7/8/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

This is not a problem that started with our current administration but has been happening for years.Originally posted by Muaddib

Sure, but it has certainly escalated with this administration!

A good defense is a good offense. I'm waiting to see what unravels now.

*Maybe one day I'll figure this quoting thing out!

[edit on 8-7-2004 by mako0956]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mako0956
Sure, but it has certainly escalated with this administration!

A good defense is a good offense. I'm waiting to see what unravels now.

*Maybe one day I'll figure this quoting thing out!

[edit on 8-7-2004 by mako0956]

No, 9/11 was already being planned before 2001, probably 3-4 years before it was carried out, and in 1993 there was another bombing at the WTC. Terrorists would want you to belief that it has escalated because of Bush, but it is not so.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ok, Mauddib

9-11- they began planning this a few years ago- agreed

WTC- 1993 bombing-agreed

How many more terrorist cells have come forward since 9-11 with acts of aggression towards US citizens?

Towards our allies?

How many Americans have died at their hands, directly or not?

top topics

join