It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Leadership Bail on Reading of the Constitution the First LIE and FAILURE of the 112th Con

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

The two gentlemen were Speaker of the House of Representatives John Boehner, and Eric Cantor the second leading member of the House of Representatives. Thus, the Republican leadership in the House.

Couldn't even be bothered to patiently wait respectfully while the document they have held aloft with such high standards was read aloud.

What does this mean for the rest of this congressional session? Will bills be bailed on while being read so that the congressmen that support them can make sound bites for the press?
edit on 1/6/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

Ok...gotcha...but then again...did anyone expect the reading to be really heard by anybody to whom it would matter? Remember, left hand does one thing while the right hand does another...that is politics.

The whole idea of the reading, from what I understand wasn't at the top of the "list" of the first day of business...there seems to be some following from those Americans that still hold by the Constitution...then again so many of them could care less, sadly. As for trusting this Congress anymore than any other...Seems to me that no matter how much they SAY things will change...they stay the same...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Every Republican member should have been in attendance and standing at attention with their hand on their heart in solemn admiration of this reading of the most sacred document of our union.

The fact that they didn't stay, shows that they are in fact shills and liars, and no one should trust a word out of their mouths ever again.

Those that left, especially the Republican leadership just wiped their asses with the constitution, and spat on the ideals of this Republic.

IF there was something worse than a traitor, these scum are it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

im not a pro republican, however I was just listening to them read the constitution on the radio.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
its not good to spread lies like this, just know I turn on HLN news and wala speaker john whats his name is infact reading the constitution

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The emphasis on the Constitution won't end with the reading of the document. The House on Wednesday approved a package of rules for the 112th Congress, put forward by Cantor, that includes a provision mandating that all bills cite their constitutional authority. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

We shall have to see is this pans out as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You guys are brutal - the constitution has never been read on the floor of the house in the history of our nation and today - for the first time it is being done. I get your point - he should have stayed and the members that believed in this should have been standing there. I don't believe this is a lie or failure - I'll take the reading over there not being a reading. The members not being on the house floor is not a new thing by any stretch - they have televisions in the member offices and since there is no vote on the floor they are not needed to be physically located in the room. The point being - its not as bad as you are making it out. Its not ideal but not a failure.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
You guys are brutal - the constitution has never been read on the floor of the house in the history of our nation and today - for the first time it is being done. I get your point - he should have stayed and the members that believed in this should have been standing there. I don't believe this is a lie or failure - I'll take the reading over there not being a reading. The members not being on the house floor is not a new thing by any stretch - they have televisions in the member offices and since there is no vote on the floor they are not needed to be physically located in the room. The point being - its not as bad as you are making it out. Its not ideal but not a failure.

Thank you for the reply to the false thread. It is amazing to see what levels haters will stoop to just to get a negative emotion running wild....again I state I am in no way a rpublican supporter, however I also believe lies cause unfounded chaos.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The title of the thread is very misleading and should be changed in my opinion, because as it is if they read their part then they didn't bail on the reading of the Constitution. I would almost say the title is political trolling of sorts, the op is obviously not in favor of the current party so in that context I suppose the title fits them fine.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This entire post is very humorous. I shall have to go through the OP's post history to see if there was such outrage posted whenever a Democratic politician did not follow through on his/her promises... although I am sure I already know the answer to that.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

your liberal agenda is showing, funny how i constantley see threads from you bashing the republicans but not the dems, why don't you smarten up and see that they are all corrupt.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte

im not a pro republican, however I was just listening to them read the constitution on the radio.

Me too, the democrats protested the reading.

But I saw them reading it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Constitution Reading on House Floor Mired by Yelling, Objections
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Constitution Reading on House Floor Mired by Yelling, Objections
abcnews.go.com...

This is hilarious, thanks for the link:

A woman sitting in the House gallery was arrested for yelling while a lawmaker read a passage about a requirement that a U.S. president must be a natural born citizen.

The woman, according to Politico, shouted, "Except Obama, except Obama. Help us Jesus."

The yeller was arrested while the recitation went on as scheduled.

The biased ABC article then goes on to say:

Members would still have to cover some awkward topics, such as the 16th Amendment, which gives Congress the power to invoke a federal income tax, a sore point for many conservatives.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i would like to know how many sat and listed to the 112th and read word for word the Constitution of the United States of America, yes some things were left out, skipped over, but as a hole it was read as it is written, go to www.archives.gov and read it for your self only thing they left out was in red, still have not figured out how to post spinet or link.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Here you go

www.archives.gov...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
i would like to know how many sat and listed to the 112th and read word for word the Constitution of the United States of America, yes some things were left out, skipped over, but as a hole it was read as it is written, go to www.archives.gov and read it for your self only thing they left out was in red, still have not figured out how to post spinet or link.

Ya know, if it had been Obama, Pelosi or any progressive for that matter, then they would have been unjustly criticized for intentionally omitting parts of the constitution. They would have been called commies among other things. I'm happy to see the left taking the higher ground and not making such outlandish accusations.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Ya know, if it had been Obama, Pelosi or any progressive for that matter, then they would have been unjustly criticized for intentionally omitting parts of the constitution.

How about if Obama had walked out during the reading of the Constitution???

HOLY HELL...they would be asking for his head on a plate.

Funny how they give these republicans a pass...walking out on their OWN IDEA.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyR

thank you for posting the link, i hope forum users will use it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
How about if Obama had walked out during the reading of the Constitution??? HOLY HELL...they would be asking for his head on a plate.

A) They didn't walk out - it was read - you don't understand how the house operates and B) OBAMA DIDN'T EVEN SHOW UP?? BECAUSE HE'S A NAZI.

Sorry couldn't resist.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

By that line of thinking they shouldn't even be in the chamber during the annual state of the union address.

A bit from the Washington Post:

Nadler called the "ritualistic reading" on the floor "total nonsense" and "propaganda" intended to claim the document for Republicans. "You read the Torah, you read the Bible, you build a worship service around it," said Nadler, who argued that the Founders were not "demigods" and that the document's need for amendments to abolish slavery and other injustices showed it was "highly imperfect."

"You are not supposed to worship your constitution. You are supposed to govern your government by it," he said.

Added emphasis is mine.

Ultra-conservative Scalia even admits that we don't need a constitution for certain things.

You don't need a constitution to keep things up-to-date.

Source

It some respects I agree with that statement. I also believe in implied rights though...so...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join