It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Leadership Bail on Reading of the Constitution the First LIE and FAILURE of the 112th Con

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The first FAILURE and LIE of the 112th Congress is here, they FAILED to read the entire Constitution before Boehner and Cantor bailed on the ceremony and held a press conference.

Nice. Can't even bother to finish reading the whole Constitution as they pledged. If they can't do that, why should we believe anything they promised during their campaigns?

www.cspan.org...
edit on 1/6/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

It was all just a political ploy to begin with...but you would think they would at least pretend to sit and listen before bailing.

But we both know that the Tea Partiers will still eat it up and think it is the best thing ever done...and won't mind that their leadership just walked out while it was being read....so they could be on TV and talk about how good of an idea it was.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Why does anyone ever believe anything said by any politician?

Their whole business is lying and scamming. Always has been and always will be.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

But what does it say about the leadership of the Republican Party, when they can't even finish what they pledge to do when it's such a simple task?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The first FAILURE and LIE of the 112th Congress is here, they FAILED to read the entire Constitution before Boehner and Cantor bailed on the ceremony and held a press conference.

Nice. Can't even bother to finish reading the whole Constitution as they pledged. If they can't do that, why should we believe anything they promised during their campaigns?

www.cspan.org...

I noticed this too - these two fellows need to be there just that much more due to their influence suppose
this means the constitution is not applicable to them
(practicing GOP style grandstanding
)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
English might not be my first language, but don't you mean to say...

Boehner and Cantor bailed on the ceremony and held a press conference while the Constitution was being read.

You make it sound as though "they" didn't read the entire Constitution. It's still being read as of 15 minutes before Rush.

I don't like that they are not reading the Original Version, plus amendments. Instead they're reading the cleaned up version so African descendants wouldn't be offended.

PS What lie?? Did B&C promise to remain during the entire reading?
edit on 1/6/2011 by wookiee because: PS

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

How are we to believe anything they say when they can't even complete such a simple purely ceremonial task as reading the Constitution. I suppose that this failure means that everything they pledged during the campaign, including reducing the size of the federal government and cutting wasteful spending was a lie too.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Just went to the link posted...says the gentlemen speaking are "Live"...and it appears that they are still reading the Constitution. Each Congressman is being given a chance to read one article from this Document. So, I have to ask...was it just those two Congressmen you named that didn't follow through?

ETA: I think what they are doing is for show....but I am just wondering what you are talking about with your original post.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Man, the bickering on this thread sounds pretty one sided. Maybe you guys should go the " gun toting liberal " website. Here you go : guntotingliberal.com...

They'll defiantly listen to your whining.

Oh yay...as if whining has anything to do with this. We all know both parties lie, in this case the OP is just pointing out how the GOP does it so well.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Haven't you learned yet? They are all liars, cheats, and thieves.

I they're not when elected, they soon will be. They soon will be.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
Just went to the link posted...says the gentlemen speaking are "Live"...and it appears that they are still reading the Constitution. Each Congressman is being given a chance to read one article from this Document. So, I have to ask...was it just those two Congressmen you named that didn't follow through?

It's hard to tell...if you look at the chamber you can see that is pretty damn empty in there. I'm guessing a lot of congressmen are reading their little part and leaving (nice short day for them).

But Boehner and Cantor had the moronic idea to go hold a press conference DURING the reading. So not only leaving the reading...but drawing attention away from the reading. All news networks that were showing the reading cut to their press conference.

I'm just waiting for the hilarity when tea partiers and republicans come on here to defend their actions.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

The two gentlemen were Speaker of the House of Representatives John Boehner, and Eric Cantor the second leading member of the House of Representatives. Thus, the Republican leadership in the House.

Couldn't even be bothered to patiently wait respectfully while the document they have held aloft with such high standards was read aloud.

What does this mean for the rest of this congressional session? Will bills be bailed on while being read so that the congressmen that support them can make sound bites for the press?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Another question is...

How much did this little political stunt cost the American People? How much are we paying these congressmen to waste our time by half assingly read the US Constitution and bail to suck up to the press?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.

It's hard to tell...if you look at the chamber you can see that is pretty damn empty in there. I'm guessing a lot of congressmen are reading their little part and leaving (nice short day for them).

But Boehner and Cantor had the moronic idea to go hold a press conference DURING the reading. So not only leaving the reading...but drawing attention away from the reading. All news networks that were showing the reading cut to their press conference.

I'm just waiting for the hilarity when tea partiers and republicans come on here to defend their actions.

I hear what you're saying about the "rescue" sqauad...
and yeah...I noticed how empty the gallery was...we can only hope there is somebody listening. thanks for the reply.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Well, in their defence, the Constitution is a whole whopping four pages long!

You can't expect those simple minded politicians to have that long of an attention span, can you?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
My bet is that most congresspeople don't know the Constitution.

Now, they'll have no excuse in introducing un-Constitutional bills.

I think that all debates should include Constitutional questions.

I'd rather have them sit around reading Playboy all day to keep them from doing anything.

The less they do the better off we are.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If the "tea partiers" are truly independent of the GOP, then this slap in the face of the Constitution will strengthen their resolve to bring some true change to Washington DC.

If it doesn't move them to futher action, then they are frauds as are the rest of our political leadership.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Well, in their defence, the Constitution is a whole whopping four pages long!

You can't expect those simple minded politicians to have that long of an attention span, can you?

Nor do they read the bills they sign off on also...which are sometimes hundreads or thousands of pages.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

Of course they will have an excuse, most of them left after their little paragraph reading. They didn't even bother to wait around for the whole thing to be read before taking off.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join