It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: Not A Christian Nation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
this only proves and although it is not explicitly stated in the Constitution, that you have absolutely no conception of what separation of church and state actually is.

it is designed to protect our way and Constitution from the likes of you and exactly what you are doing

men of old days called this the communist agenda...

on the other hand... I do solemnly swear to defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic

edit on 2/6/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

The Wikipeda page on the term "Judeo-Christian" does not support the claims you made which I again quoted for you.

Furthermore, the fact that the Wikipedia page edits roughly correspond with the dates you've posted in this thread makes such a source highly suspect.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

The Wikipeda page on the term "Judeo-Christian" does not support the claims you made which I again quoted for you.
the where does western culture come from ?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
this only proves and although it is not explicitly stated in the Constitution, that you have absolutely no conception of what separation of church and state actually is.

You can support that claim after you support your original one.

it is designed to protect our way and Constitution from the likes of you and exactly what you are doing

What am I doing besides reminding everyone that America is a nation based upon religious freedom rather than a christian nation?

Ahhh, more straw man. It'd be better if you could back up your claims instead.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

]the where does western culture come from ?

It doesn't "come from" anything. If it did, it certainly would not be from a Middle-Eastern tribe that often found itself at odds with the already existing western culture.
edit on 6-2-2011 by traditionaldrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

What am I doing besides reminding everyone that America is a nation based upon religious freedom rather than a christian nation?

Ahhh, more straw man. It'd be better if you could back up your claims instead.

what claims strawman

actually I would rather get back on topic and have you defend your own misconceptions and twisted understanding of potus Obama's words from his speech...

let's start at the top shall we ? because your tactics of avoidance only shows capitulation.

Being a guitarist I do not expect drummers to use holistic reasoning but only linear thought patterning, which is important giving us guitarist something to work around

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

]the where does western culture come from ?

It doesn't "come from" anything. If it did, it certainly would not be from a Middle-Eastern tribe that often found itself at odds with the already existing western culture.

actually it does come from somewhere, obviously you have not attended collage or post skipping school days education ?

admittedly I was a school skipper too...

would you like now to debate Obama's words which you used to base your whole topic title on, the words which you twist and misconceive ?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

no sir, here again is your original and flawed claims, it is on page 1 in your opening post, which you base your whole topic titling on...

"One of the great strengths of the United States, is ... we have a very large Christian population -- we do not consider ourselves a Christian nation or a Jewish nation (or) a Muslim nation. "
Barack Obama, April 2009

and here are the actual words spoken by Obama...

notice how he uses the words "where we once were" "atleast not just" and "we are also"

also notice how he does not use the word (or)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
when you accept your flawed misconceptions and open yourself to facts and reality, I will begin to educate you on the origins of western civilization and more specifically "the American Way"

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
*sigh*

The law of the Bible can be summed up in two precise laws:

Love your neighbor as yourself
Love God with all your heart

All the commandments and laws focus on those two aspects.

Guess what. So does the Constitution.

Loving your neighbor as yourself is giving them the freedom and rights that you have. That includes the freedom and right to love God with all you have.

The Constitution follows the basic tenets of Christianity.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

true indeed.
bump.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
*sigh*

The law of the Bible can be summed up in two precise laws:

Love your neighbor as yourself
Love God with all your heart

All the commandments and laws focus on those two aspects.

Guess what. So does the Constitution.

Loving your neighbor as yourself is giving them the freedom and rights that you have. That includes the freedom and right to love God with all you have.

The Constitution follows the basic tenets of Christianity.

The Constitution gives congress the right to make laws.
Those two commandments are the ONLY laws to a follower of Christ.

The Constitution establishes a military.
Those two commandments make a military unnecessary.

The Constitution give congress the power to make currency.
Those two commandments make currency unnecessary.

The Constitution creates a justice system.
Those two commandments ARE the justice system to a follower of Christ.

I could go on, but that should be enough.

The US Constitution has absolutely nothing to do with the Kingdom of Heaven brought by Christ.
The Kingdom of Heaven has no government. Christ is King, and all others are Kings and Queens of themselves.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Wow the ignorant wannabe hipsters and there athiesm is so laughable. Yes we laugh at you in public, maybe one of them gay right athiest countries in beautiful eastern europe will accept you, lol Have fun and duck
This is a Christian nation like it or not, and will be forever, so go ahead and post all of your hoax UFO sighting to make you even more laughable.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
what nationality is the biggest immigrants to the USA?
A. Hispanic is the correct answer and what religion are most of them? Correct answer is Catholic.
Muslims are less than a rounding error here in the USA, and they are not coming here.
So, yes america will stay a christian nation like it or not.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyterror

Wow the ignorant wannabe hipsters and there athiesm is so laughable. Yes we laugh at you in public, maybe one of them gay right athiest countries in beautiful eastern europe will accept you, lol Have fun and duck
This is a Christian nation like it or not, and will be forever, so go ahead and post all of your hoax UFO sighting to make you even more laughable.

Given the above words I hesitate to believe that you understand Christianity, much less have the ability to identify Christian ideals or nations...

John 13:34

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Hate and judgment are not Christian values.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Heff I don't have to google scriptures like you just did, I know them front to back.
Also if you know anything about christianity, there is only 1 way to get to heaven, and non beleivers we try to make them see the light to convert. But. if they don't we're not to associate with them. The PC here is off the scale and we christians aren't PC.
But, I skipped to the last part since said poster wanted to abolish all religons.
edit on 21-2-2011 by cyterror because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cyterror

If I'd have Googled it, I'd have included source tags for the quote.

Both my paternal grandfather and my father were ministers, though my father had lost faith before I was born. Still, I was raised Christian and am intimately familiar with scripture. My inability to reconcile the "Church" with the words and works of Christ are the reason that I, myself, would probably be considered apostate by many religious folks.

Can you point me to a scripture where Christ, by example, shunned anyone for their sins or lack of belief? If you cannot, then could you please explain to me how modern dogma can override the example of Christ?

~Heff

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff I have to give a score for you on that 1.
The church I attend preaches what I said, but having read the bible as many times as I have I can't disagree with your statement.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I guess I am one of the guys that is going to burn in hell for eternity because the Christian God loves me.... Is it just me or have others noticed that atheist are for the most part more accepting of others in a Christ like way than the average Christian... I just can't accept something that I don't believe and those that do can't accept that I can't accept.. It's like believing your country is good and wouldn't have wars that required their people to kill other people that don't need killing but I have been there and done that so that is another thing that is bogus from my way of seeing things... Maybe it is because there is no freedom from religion, which to me is the problem.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I just read a book called Interface and it was about a presidential nominee who was a preacher and was basing his campaign around religion. it actually seemd pretty beleivable!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join