It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Christians Don’t Follow Ayn Rand

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Logarock

But this is not why He was killed. As far as being excellent that includes reproof and rebuke...with all longsuffering naturally.

No, they killed him because He said he was God.

Thats what I meant! Wow you are so fast to jump you cant even read. Take a deep breath.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

But this is not why He was killed. As far as being excellent that includes reproof and rebuke...with all longsuffering naturally.

No, they killed him because He said he was God.

And all your ideologues mean nothing before the Divine. If you think Jesus is going to a cookie and a pat on the back because you did the most for yourself-Well, I'm not sure we were reading the same book. Jesus came to save all. He suffered to save all. You know what Rand said about that? That is was deplorable. Why would the perfect man give himself for imperfect beings? That's what she said. You want it in more detail:
JESUS CHRIST ON SACRIFICE

"AND HE WHO DOES NOT TAKE HIS CROSS AND FOLLOW AFTER ME, IS NOT WORTHY OF ME."

Jesus suffered, not for fame, not for money, not for self-interest. His action was completely selfless. He said it himself-You follow me alone or don't follow.

No Jesus was not a person without self interest. Do you think He died just so He could have milk and cookies with you some day? He going to come back some day and kick a great deal of a## not to set up a soup kitchen that you can work in and feel all good about yourself.

Being killed on a cross is a far cry from your simple minded self sacrifice of checking up on the old lady next door to see if shes ok...or tossing a bag of old clothes off the overpass bridge....or some other type of ego feeding good work.

Yea like you a pulling a bloody cross behind you. In truth you have a much problem getting up on that cross as anyone. Its and ugly thing. But over the cross you toss up your good works to the poor in Jesus face like Judas.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by Vicky32
IMO, Christian pacifism is the way to go! The early church was always pacifist, and that is the ideal...
Mennonite view on CP
Wikipedia view
Specifically about 9/11
Yes, you're right, Christians can be a force in social/cultural issues - but not violent physical force!
Vicky

Well you will excuse me if I am in no hurry to get feed to the lions.

Well no one is any too eager for that! IMO, however, if that's the way the cookie crumbles, to use an Americanism, so be it...It's better to be killed than to kill.
Vicky

Your sins killed Christ. Did you ever see yourself in that light?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

reply to post by antonia

Anyway I read what you posted. Many parts of it look to be pure spin and out of context cherry picking to support the position. Not taking up for Rand here but she is a person that many see a need in destroying. Making her out as someone lionizing a killer just brings up the flags and would have to be looked at a bit more than the info you provide here. Your style is boring and Sophomorish.

Oh please, and your style is denial of fact. I've read Rand's journals. I know she lionized the man because i read it. She loved his "outer self" which had no regard for society. This what she admired, of course, it was that disregard for society that led him to murder and cut into pieces a 12 year old. There were other murders too.

Ok I havent been defending Rand. I took a look at the Roark person in keeping with the op. To suggest I am defending Rand makes you a lier anyway. Op should not open a threat like this without allowing for the problematics. Why? It draws you self right stone tossing christans in here with sharp teeth ready to kill and lie.

Save it for your sunday school class.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Christians + Ayn Rand = Hypocrite...............right?

Wrong.

Taking absolutes from two separate ideologies and throwing away all common ground between the two to point out a conflict in thinking is simply another game of semantics. It's just another thread designed to point your finger at another and say "You're wrong. I'm right."

Not just semantics. Rand celebrated non-Christian atheistic non-altruistic total selfishness - she developed characters and a "utopian" society to prove her brand of Libertarianism would work.

When "Christians" embrace her work and characters, they also embrace her point.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Your sins killed Christ. Did you ever see yourself in that light?

Yes, of course I do! Not that it's exactly comfortable of course, but yes.
Vicky

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
You are gonna love this:

www.boingboing.net...
Ayn Rand took government assistance while decrying others who did the same

"There can be no compromise on basic principles. There can be no compromise on moral issues. There can be no compromise on matters of knowledge, of truth, of rational conviction." - Ayn Rand

OPPS
edit on 28-1-2011 by antonia because:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You're right. I love it.
From your link:

An interview with Evva Pryror, a social worker and consultant to Miss Rand's law firm of Ernst, Cane, Gitlin and Winick verified that on Miss Rand's behalf she secured Rand's Social Security and Medicare payments which Ayn received under the name of Ann O'Connor (husband Frank O'Connor).

As Pryor said, "Doctors cost a lot more money than books earn and she could be totally wiped out" without the aid of these two government programs. Ayn took the bail out even though Ayn "despised government interference and felt that people should and could live independently... She didn't feel that an individual should take help."

But alas she did and said it was wrong for everyone else to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join