It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you attack?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
No one can say for sure hwat they would do until it actually happen to them.
But i would have to say what i think I would do. I know i wouldnt attack, but rather be petrified in fear and amazement and attept in comunicating with it if i got over the moment of being in a petrified state of confusion. lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well if the alien was not being aggressive then no I would not attack it, If a human just appeared in my home and wasn't aggressive then I wouldn't attack them either, same goes for a wild Tiger.

I would however ask him to wait around while I put the lens on my camera and got him to hold a copy of todays newspaper. after that I don't know maybe dinner, some dancing, the possibilities are endless.

Getting him to post some threads on ATS would be a good laugh.

Also I guess it would depend on what the Alien looked like, are we talking an amorphous green blob or B'ellana Torres?
edit on 7-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Alien or some fool in an alien costume...

...standing in my house, with my wife and child in that house, uninvited/unannounced...and you're going to get a smack in the face, or a blade stuck through you or a round put in ya...whatever is handy...

But that may harm all you love. Consider if peaceful them materializing in your home and not moving was there way of saying peace as they waited on your bodylanguage response. And if your body language response was what you said you sparked a bad encounter w/o even knowing what types of tools or weapons they might have on them. Just because Ea inhabitants are used to knock knock then await come in doesnt mean thats how it goes universally. Just to add some may not say their names when who is it is asked for that type of communication may be ancient just as using mineral projectil weapons can be for some (tele talk to them with your emotion or physical with body language)..........

Peace
edit on 1/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You know, in my mind I like to think to myself that if another being just appears in front of me that I would be able to keep my cool, but to be completely honest if 'anything' physical were to just be there when I walked around the corner, as in for the sake of argument 'a grey standing in my kitchen' I would without a doubt be immediately shaken and adopt a defensive posture and immediately begin gauging the threat level.

This is not a spirit, this is not a vision, this is another species standing in my kitchen, why?

It would be very similar to stumbling into a bear in the woods - high alert.

Get their attention, make verbal contact and assess intention.

He would have about 5 seconds to communicate that he means no harm before the average person assumes incalculable danger and is either frozen on the spot or runs away in terror.

The percentage of people who would immediately attack an alien species on sight is likely very very small.

But then again who knows? The average automatic human reaction to mice or a bug is to squash it on sight.

What if our genetic reaction to some alien species is to attack them outright as well?

Without a doubt in my mind, the aliens would have knowledge of this and they wouldn't risk themselves into a situation where they did not have complete control over their safety.

Beings capable of interstellar flight? Probably capable of complete visual manipulation of an area.

I have met very strange people - Its not too far a stretch to imagine they could have been aliens in disguise.

-G

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
That's a nice thought experiment. Realistically speaking, your adrenaline is going to kick in rather substantially. That changes everything unless you've already experienced it and practiced it. Your arms and hands will be shaking and it will be everything you can do to stay focused on the 'problem' at hand. The first order of business would be to determine hostile intent. This, of course, begs the question of whether the alien has any control over your own thought processes. Certainly we have many anecdotal cases suggesting that they do. If that;s true, you're screwed and the point is academic.

If you DO maintain control and they are exhibiting hostile intent that you can recognize, your choice is fight or flight. I don't know about you, but I don't go around indoors with a gun strapped to my waist. My firearms are in a locked safe in a locked cabinet in a locked room unloaded with ammunition kept in another locked cabinet, so the fact is, they aren't going to do me much good. I do have a can of mace in my coat pocket, but getting to it might be problematical and it begs the question of whether it would do any good on an alien anyway. So it is very unlikely that you will be armed with anything but your own fists.

I think realistically your choice is to keep your wits about you and attempt to establish communication and ask the creature what he wants.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
we can post on this thread all the hype
we want concerning an encounter.
However, nobody really knows how
they would act until that time arrives.
Most normal folks would probably
go into shock and piss themselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I (well, specifically my culture and own experiences) may well have a somewhat different understanding of what 'aliens' may well be...

...in which case, if one shows up unannounced in my house I do not view them as being there for a cuppa tea and a chat...in which case regardless of what *power* they may possess I'm not about to put the jug on for them...

...psychic contact/communication with such entities isn't unfamiliar either within our culture - again why my response to any such entity appearing without due indication/advisement/internal triggered *knowing* of intention...then again...response will be to move it on its way by whatever method may be required...

Despite mentioning physical weaponary - our culture wouldn't utilise physical means of engagement in the first instance...save for perhaps specific physical objects for the purposes of essentially non-physical actions...

...but thats just how I/we/my culture are...and our viewpoints/perspectives may well be somewhat flawed...but as someone else so rightly said: "Who knows until it happens"

edit on 7-1-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
No, I would not automatically attack the being as I would not be instantly afraid. Curiosity would come to the fore unless the being attacked me then I would do my best to save myself without causing lethal injury to it (I hope). It does not make sense to me that a visitor would come into the 3rd dimension to wreak havoc. Initially I would presume, with heightened awareness and caution, that the alien is wanting to make contact. Having established that there is no danger I would attempt communication and conversation if we were able to do so. No xenophobia in our home.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I testify that husband and I are not some of those folk. We would be curious and cautiously alert until we understood the situation and the visitors immediate intentions. Go with the flow from then on.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I would have a weapon in my hand and showing, but I would likely try to communicate before attacking simply because a conversation with an alien is too unique to pass up.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
well iff you saw the final link in the foodchain in your home, you might wanna give it some respect, its like humans in a monkey chamber, or a bears den. We dont deserve better tbh, when we consider a monkey as our ancestor, and then make ashtrays out of its hands and feet instead of cherishing it, when the pig is one of the smartest animals alive, and we all know how we treat pigs, do we really deserve better, what do we expect. Ive had them in my home, well I kinda invited them, and I got schizo out of it because I was scared out of my mind.... When you see a being that can change dimensions... just hope for the best....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'd probably freeze in shock while my dogs attack him. Don't know what i'd do next.

I can't believe nobody metioned THIS thread before. Although I believe the guy, lol'd over and over at the picture of the "being". Worth a look, definitely.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven_Heart
I'd probably freeze in shock while my dogs attack him. Don't know what i'd do next.

I can't believe nobody metioned THIS thread before. Although I believe the guy, lol'd over and over at the picture of the "being". Worth a look, definitely.

That was the most hilarious thread i have ever read!!!

I actually laughed my self to tears!

The way he tells that story is great fun, it's the picture that got me in hysterics.

On a more serious note if that thing was in my house i most certainly would kick its arse back to the ugly tree. Or the stupid looking not scary tree!

However if this man wasnt talking rubbish to pull a leg than wow! i wouldn't like to be in that situation looking at the beating that fish took.

Hope this dosnt happen to my family put it that way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join