It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds Dying in front of Our eyes!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Good find...notice it was blackbirds and grackles eating them too...pretty good chance if the fish were toxic the birds would get too far before dropping.....
Just a thought...
The widespread reportage of different bird, and fish kills still has NO scientific linkage!
As much as the mind begins to correlate these into groups, it is a false premise to do so.
There is definately no corexit in japan, and there is no methane clouds in missouri.......
Yes the brids died from unknown causes, but there is no solid evidence that they were the same causes.....
The news statses gracles and blackbirds were eating dead fish washed up on shore, and that is one possible toxin transfer mechanism....
But this was in only one instance....
What is needed is a LINK between all these diffeent kills.
At present, we havent any way to do so...but furthur toxicology reports and other testing results should be posted to this thread immediately we find some.

I was wondering about possuble GMO seeds that produce insecticide covering the shell of the seed, could the birds or some of them, have ingested them/
Some nicotinoids create memory loss, and there is a linkage to the colony collapse disorder in bees....Europe BANNED these pesticides years ago people!
because they had scientific evidence of harm.
Why the US has not done the same is due to monsanto influenceing the feds.
The effects of eating insecticide coated seeds may not be immediately fatal to the birds either, ust cumulative, leading to death.....
just a thought.....

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Something that's been on my mind over the last few days, regarding the massive die-off of fowl life -- Is there a chance the birds are dying due to internal hemorrhaging from eating wildlife contaminated by all the dispersant used to "contain" the bp oil?

While the deaths of birds in China doesn't really tie into this, it seems that most reports on American soil are coming from states around the gulf area. As for China's birds -- i'm not all that versed in oceanic currents, but i do wonder if there's one that might carry the dispersant to China's coastline.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by journey2010
reply to post by StarTraveller

Something is happening... I'm not going to sit here and claim a doomsday or anything, but there are too many happenings to be cited as a coincidence. In my yard this morning, I noticed a few birds, (small, white bellies, bluish-gray wings - I don't know my birds), hanging upside down from the trees, like bats. There were alive, but I've never noticed behavior like this. I am on the coast of the Carolinas (US), and just thought this was weird.

White-breasted nuthatches. That's normal for them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d7cfffbcc1a.jpg[/atsimg]

Sometimes nature is just weird.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I live in a rural part of QLD Australia...and normally everyday withought fail there are a flock of either Rosella Birds or Random House Finches in my trees, but today, you know what I have noticed? Absolute silence...even my cat is inside on the couch because there is nothing to look at from the window...Very strange indeed.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
I live in a rural part of QLD Australia...and normally everyday withought fail there are a flock of either Rosella Birds or Random House Finches in my trees, but today, you know what I have noticed? Absolute silence...even my cat is inside on the couch because there is nothing to look at from the window...Very strange indeed.

cats probably freaking out about the floods in QLD. you know how they hate water.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
We are conditioned through predictive programming to accept it. All the movies - Happening, 2012... - all the propaganda we pay for to keep us asleep

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I live in the UK near london in a very green and open place full of birds etc. and I can't say I have noticed any different. Perhaps I have not paid enough attention to it though. Heading to work in 5 so I will keep my eyes open.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Maybe not related, but it is certainly coincidental...its the first time I have seen this.
On waking on tuesday I opened my front door, and there was a dead racing pigeon (pure white one with a ring on its leg) laying in the middle of the lawn.
I instantly put it down to a cat as you would. My missus gets hugely upset at dead animals (I dont like them either, but can be a man about it!) so I thought I would move it and bury it before she woke up.
When I picked it up I was expecting there to be marks of a cat somewhere, but there was absolutely no trauma to any part of the bird, I thoroughly checked all its wings, belly, tail, but not even any feathers laying about, and weirdly my cat who was hanging about would not go near it (in the past he has brought all sorts of birds in) and the many foxes that live in my area and are regularly seen going through our bins etc had not touched it.
Its probably nothing but a sad animal death, but felt it worthy to add a little more to this story.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Based Western Australia, take regular runs, and now I think back running down one street on a relatively hot day, and found 2 crows on the ground leaning up against a fence, wings spread, looking lifeless.

I assumed they were dead, but approaching them they moved just their head, and stared at me but stayed still. After a while they slowly started to walk around. Unfortunately I took no photos.

I am not a bird expect by far, but this was one of the strangest things I have seen in my 40 years.

Anyone, has this sort of behaviour been documented before? mind you, the weather was hot, approx 32 degrees. So I'm thinking this is some way of cooling themselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The earth is in the process of being relocated by the Andromedans. They are doing their best to make most things appear normal, manipulating our perception of the universe around us however even their vast knowledge is imperfect and so we have these incidents with species that are noticiing the abnormalities. Even humans are noticing some errors in the system, for example the moon not appearing for many people, while others claim it is there as normal.

The earth is currently in a holding pattern, imagine a large airplane waiting for the ok from Traffic control at an airport and you have the idea.
Unfortunately our own galaxy will very soon no longer be habitable, we should thank the Andromedans for their hard work. At some point soon it will be quite obvious we are now viewing the skies from an entirely new position within the universe.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Might just be me, awoke at 8:8:30 this morning, and usualy you can hear the birds.
When I open my curtains/blinds into the hill infront of my house, its buzzing with all sorts of birds, mainly seagulls as as I am right at the coast.

Today (7th), 2 or 3 birds, I make a point of throwing out a few bits of bread, this morning its STILL THERE.

Very strange indeed.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonbeast1111
The earth is in the process of being relocated by the Andromedans. They are doing their best to make most things appear normal, manipulating our perception of the universe around us however even their vast knowledge is imperfect and so we have these incidents with species that are noticiing the abnormalities. Even humans are noticing some errors in the system, for example the moon not appearing for many people, while others claim it is there as normal.

The earth is currently in a holding pattern, imagine a large airplane waiting for the ok from Traffic control at an airport and you have the idea.
Unfortunately our own galaxy will very soon no longer be habitable, we should thank the Andromedans for their hard work. At some point soon it will be quite obvious we are now viewing the skies from an entirely new position within the universe.

You really believe all that?
100% not having a go, really am asking the question.

Shaun

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
My wife has just been to the local supermarket and on returning told me that 2 seagulls were flying around and then suddenly dropped to the ground dead for no apparent reason!

This was witnessed by another person as well. She never though to get pictures (a little grim I know but anyway) Will be keeping an eye out I think..

What is going On ???

I saw this thread a while ago but didnt bother looking at it as there are thousands...so anyway your on the front page now so clicked on it and blow me, your about 20 miles from me!...hmmmmm

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wiseupall
...Here in NZ we have summer right now and where I live, it's been very hot - now we all know how it is on those warm summer nights when you put the outside light on and all the insects, moths, mozzies, you name it, all head for the light in their droves. Well apart from not having nearly as many flies as we usually to during the day. The last few nights sitting out in the Garden there's been none. I kept watching each night thinking I was imagining it but no I'm not. Also I haven't heard the crickets at all this summer (We call them Sakadias - don't know how to spell it).
Has anyone else noticed this in the southern hemisphere where we are having summer?...

Also in NZ, very hot, East Coast, North Island. I'm pretty sure all the flies have come to our place ;-) - a terrible year for flies - but our windows have been open a lot, as I'm painting. Got the normal amount of mosquitos and moths. Cicadas are low in number right now - but they ebb and flow in numbers in different years, as their life cycle spans several years. Crickets are pretty rare here (crickets are different to cicadas) - and mostly nocturnal in their song - and generally don't show up until later in Summer. Insect life changes from time to time due to the amount of food, water, predators, toxins and other factors.

Bird life is ordinary - the occasional tui - very normal. Only strange thing is we had a monarch butterfly literally tapping on our window late at night - 9 or 10pm - and it let me catch it. Neighborhood animals are behaving normally.

I'm not worried about these things. I observe with interest. Many people seem to be over-reacting - pretty normal for ATS. Open to the idea that some migratory animals are confused due to magnetic disturbances, and therefore traveling to the point of complete exhaustion. Even so, not worried. As others have pointed out, mass deaths have been going on for years.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
This stuff has me freaked out to no end.

How many posts are there on this now?

10...15?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HexagonSun

I don't think it is unusual for them to be up early. Like they say "the early bird catches the worm!!"
I sometimes here them at around 4.30AM. Like this morning, it was raining really heavy, but i could here the birds at 4.30AM.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by noiseycricket

Probably stoned on datura, birds and sheep are often affected, not to mention a few humans I have also come across ingesting the stuff.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

You are only about 15 miles from me ,can't say I have any bird deaths but certainly less birds about.

I feed the birds every morning,a lot ...soaked sultanas for the blackbirds ,fat balls,seed and ground up peanuts,it costs me a fortune but the plus side is they eat all the spiders from the house walls!! Anyway the last three days I have put the sultanas out and they have stayed there for most of the day ,normally they are gone within ten minutes!!

The other weird thing is we have lots of pheasants that come to feed but soon as they catch sight of a person they run off,but the last two days I have literally been able to walk right up to them and hand feed them,this may not seem strange to anyone else but really unheard of for these pheasants.

As others have said it is not really cold here at the moment but this time of year we are normally swamped with birds wanting food every day all day whether it is freezing or not.

In the three years we hve been here we have never had any bird deaths (well, one that the cat caught but after being scolded he did'nt ever do it again!) and there are hundreds aound, so I really will keep my eyes open and post anything else unusual.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by StarTraveller
My wife has just been to the local supermarket and on returning told me that 2 seagulls were flying around and then suddenly dropped to the ground dead for no apparent reason!

This was witnessed by another person as well. She never though to get pictures (a little grim I know but anyway) Will be keeping an eye out I think..

What is going On ???

Sorry without proof i don't believe you nor do i believe your story.

Its funny people are making fun of my thread yet in your thread, i don't see any insults posts or attack posts
like to post a picture to proof it.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

you're probably getting a hard time because of your attitude...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonbeast1111

I'm curious....Are you serious....Do you actually believe this, or are you bringing a little hunour to the thread? Not being hostile, just curious....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join