It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hi... im new here, just wanted to say hi...xx

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo2

i stayed in the main centre.. cant remember the name, above a pub near a market/food court.. it was near where all the bars and clubs were.. is it king william st??

yeah my holden was cool.. it was an estate (station waggon) i folded the seats, put a blow up mattress in the back, had the windows blacked out and used it as a little camper whilst i was on the road. that car took me everywhere, i did more than 20'000 k's in it and didnt cause me one problem.

and i bought it for 1000 dollars and sold it for 1900!! x
edit on 6-1-2011 by princessishtar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by princessishtar

Awesome. yeah i know the hostel your talking about on king william st. there's nothing betting then going on massive road trips in this country. Its the best way to see it i reckon. did you do the great ocean road? that is an awesome drive.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

trust me holdens are the ones. i had a volvo first and the the big end went, left me stranded alone in the middle of nowhere, lucky i hitched a lift with some other backpackers.

yeah the country is the best, it is beautiful, the west coast and the red centre were my favorite, just driving for hours with only desert, just me and my ipod was heaven. you must have been to taz, its pretty nice over there too.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Niice - good profit as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo2

yeah was amazing.. you guys are so lucky!! have you been to the flinders or cober pedy?

that place is weird, had some aboriginal guys following me around there, scared the hell out of me!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Yeah i been over on the Spirit Cruise liner. Well i wouldnt call it a cruise ship but more of a sea - taxi... But yeah Tas is awesome, the forrest's and the towns in the middle of no-where. I coulda stayed longer, i would love just to go out and get lost there, it's a great place.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

i didnt want to sell her, i wanted to bring her home, she looked after me that car.

i even took her on unpaved roads, no problems at all.

you guys build your cars out there to last, not like these european cars..x

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

might have been the same ship i was on, i think it was called the spirit of tazmania.

just remembered you guys have penguins in st kilda.. that was one thing i didnt expect to see in oz, and of course being a brit, i had to check out ramsey st..x

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Yeah they are made to last, although one of my first car's was a Vectra, made exactly the same and in the same factory as the Vauxhal Vectra but rebadged a Holden and it was awesome and lasted me ages untill some clown t-boned me into a pole....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

i had a vectra here in the uk a few years ago, an sri model. was ok but very company car ish.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

lol ramsey street, did you actually go there? I live about 20 minutes away, it's in Nunawading, VIC. I've been there once but there was nothing happening just looked like a normal street at the time. No filming that day i guess.

Yeah Spirit of Tasmania, Really penguins in St Kilda?? hmm i didnt realise. I know there's penguins at Phillip Island, everynight at dusk they have the '' penguin parade'' all the penguins run up from the shore into the scrub and foreshore flora. It's freezing cold but yeah it's cool.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hi amy and welcome to ATS ! cant wait to see your posts you will enjoy it here i sure have

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

lol.. of course i went there! i grew up watching neighbours, not much happening when i went there either, just annoyed residents, with all the tourists taking pics in their front gardens.. i was one of them!!

yeah there are penguins in st kilda, they come out at night, may be seasonal aswell, not sure.? i saw a french guy catch one. idiot, i gave him a peice of my mind.
they are so cute..x

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

hi sugar cookie, thanks for the welcome, im looking forward to getting involved, although i think ill steer clear of the doom and gloom stuff.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

yeah those damn tourists!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

lol..

were not all bad.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

If your an example then i totally agree with tourism!!
Hey you never answered my first reply to you, what is your main interest with ATS, i am sure you have noticed the different types of subject matter on ATS by now.

What most interest's you?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

princessishtar, welcome to ATS. I wish you the best in all your new findings and experiences outside the matrix.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

i like the paranormal stuff, and also ufo and space topics..

i think its amazing the size of our universe and we know nothing about it, and its unlikley we will in our lifetimes.

the reason i like ufo topics is because i saw something strange in the sky whilst i was in oz, cant explain what it was but i know it wasnt any aircraft that we currently use (or is public knowedge) it was in the northern territory and was so fast and bright. it kind of opened my eyes to the ufo phenomenon.

i think i will avoid end of the world and doom topics, i dont like them, kind of scares me.. i think if it happens, there is no point spending your time worrying about it, we cant change our future anyway, if indeed that is the case.
try and live each day to the fullest.

what about you, what do you like? x

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

thank you for your welcome. and lol.. your right since i found out about all this stuff, its like the little bubble around me burst, and the whole world seems very different to me now.

im sure im not even at the tip of the iceberg with what i have learnt already, i think there will be alot more suprises for me when i delve deeper into the rabbit hole.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join