It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video footage shows Wheeler wandering hours before his death

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

I don't think any of that is involved....if the toxicology shows drugs in his system, it wasn't by his own hand. If someone got drugs into his system, it would probably be some type of barbituate, or sodium pentathol (which can cause the "symptoms" he was displaying (confusion, agitation) when coming out of it. Thanks for the info!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Do not forget, his kitchen floor was ripped apart. If those who murdered him were mere robbers, they must have been the most efficient crooks in the world to tear it apart, or if someone else, that timing could not have been more perfect.

What had been hidden there? Did Wheeler tried to do an Assange stunt - hidden insurance?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Whether related to this or not, this Phosgene thing is a VERY important issue. It's extremely dangerous stuff...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Yes indeed.....there are so many odd things.....it could be nothing, but I think someone was looking for something

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

Great post! I agree....no mini stroke or heart attack. I am not a doctor, but worked for many years as a CNA with elderly people, and have seen many of them. Sleep deprivation would cause the way he appeared, even without drugs.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock
Well it all a big question
My he rest in peace

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I don't think he looks disoriented at all. To me he looks as though he's waiting for someone. Which if the earlier speculations of him spilling the beans to someone are correct, his body language suggest that of anticipation and possibly fear. when he walks over to the door he seems to be looking for something specific. The beginning of the video looks as though he might be looking at monitors but I can't be certain of that. What better way to throw of suspicion than to paint him as having dementia.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Some weird stuff huh? The thing is, he was completely out of character in comparison to his usual personality from everything I can find.... he did seem to have a temper from what they are reporting about the feud with his neighbor.....but the confusion/anxiety/disheveled look....nah.....something was wrong and he was worried.

Do you think he knew.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The way he walks up one side of the hallway, press each elevator button, goes to the end of the hall closes the door, then walks down the other side and presses both other elevator buttons makes me think he thought he was in danger and he thought someone could be in the building. So to try to confuse whoever was after him he pressed all elevator buttons. ?!??? no?

Just an idea.

This is veryyy telling that there is MUCH MUCH more to this mans death than just a robbery gone wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reply to post by cyterror

You are 100%correct. I worked as a nursing aide for years, specifically with dementia patients. I am not buying that expanation at ALL!

I would agree with you, not dementia for sure.

He does look a bit disoriented.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Newark police reported Wednesday that John P. Wheeler III was spotted at 8:30 p.m. Thursday as he wandered through a DuPont Co. building, apparently confused and disoriented — filing in five more hours leading up to the discovery of his body in a Wilmington landfill.

This is getting interesting to say the least!

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 6-1-2011 by StealthyKat because: content

To me it looks like he is looking for a bathroom. That's how I look when I can't find it!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

lol, I hope that's not how you act when you have to relieve yourself, bc if I ever run into you I'll definitely call 911 and report you as an ill or confused person

What was with him throwing his hands in the air at 1:19?

Perhaps he closed the door just bc it was cold, we already know that he told the attendant he wanted to warm up before getting his car (which wasn't there). If he were trying to keep someone out, he would've locked it, or block it or something, simply closing it isn't gonna do anything.

Hey Stealthy:
Where did you find that Wheeler's friend dropped him off at the train station? I know I saw somewhere that his car was left at the station in Newark, which they say is not unusual apparently he would leave it there for weeks at a time.

Another reason I'm not buying the dementia is in my experience, it is uncommon to be stuck in that state for a solid 24 hours, a few hours yes, and when you "come to" the previous time is blacked out, you have no idea where you went, what you did, etc. If this was his case I believe he would've called family or someone to let them know, pick him up, etc.

Now, I saw last night that the medical examiner ruled his death a homicide but the police were waiting until the tox was done to announce anything further. I've never heard of it working this way, yes a tox is pretty standard but the cause will be held pending the tox, not homicide pending a tox.
edit on 7-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
In response to the many theories people have said that maybe he was scared or was being threaten, I must say that the real question is, why would he be scared or feel like his life was in danger? Maybe he discovered something that wasn't meant for him to discover and he knew that he was on the run. That is what I am really curious about...if only we could go back in time and find out from himself and all of our questions would be answered.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Well just throwing this in there..

A lot of security cams are monitored by security guards and can be controlled with a sort of "joystick" .. the movement of the cam doesn't strike me as particularly unusual .. the guard probably noticed the guy acting strangely and decided to keep him in frame incase he was a threat ..

Given where this was it wouldn't be unusual for a homeless guy or a criminal to come in and try to get money or cause trouble so having an actual guard monitoring the feeds with the ability to change the camera angles makes sense..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5
reply to post by bluemirage5

I have a hard time believing this theory. Wheeler was a former military man, and I believe he was a veteran of Vietnam. Most military people will tell you that they don't become reactionary like you described in your post. Granted military individuals aren't "trained" for suitcase/purse thefts, but they are trained to think rationally and to use the "adrenaline" rush to their advantage. He obviously is upset, but the way he acts in the video just doesn't add up to him being upset at just the loss of his briefcase exclusively.

As far as a mini-stroke goes, and I'm in no way, shape, or form a medical professional, just a couple 1st Aid/CPR classes, the mini-stroke theory can be tossed because it is usually customary to see one side of the body lose muscle/motor function. In other words, he wouldn't have just been limping, he would have been dragging a "side" of his body with him. Let's say the left hemisphere of his brain did suffer a mini-stroke.... The right side of the body would have lost control. His right shoulder would be slumped. His right arm would not be able to be lifted or moved without help from his left, or by inertia of "swinging" his body to move his right arm. His right leg also would not be moving in the normal or even in a "limping" state.

These are some of my observations. I also did notice that he didn't appear to be shivering. I'm kind of leaning towards the man being drugged, but at the same time as others have mentioned, he had no problem pressing the elevator button. I don't know though, this one is quite the mystery.

I also think that more of the surveillance footage is not being shown most likely due to the fact that there is some footage out there that the Newark police are using as evidence and could quite possibly compromise the integrity of their investigation. Or they could be doctoring the footage to make it look like some gang members or something of the like was the cause of his death. Either way, it will definitely brew of conspiracy theory for some time.
edit on 1/7/2011 by saabster5 because: changed right hemisphere to left

I am a medical professional and disagree with the statement about the strokes. I cared for people who had HUNDREDS of what are called "TIA's" or Transient Ischemic Attacks. My grandmother had them constantly, many times with no noticeable symptoms at all. Only way they can be detected are by scar tissue within the brain. Usually a precursor to a larger, debilitating stroke, much like tremors to an earthquake.

Not being critical in any way, just wanted to throw that out there. Also, I have extensive experience with Alzheimer's, both personally and professionally. People with dementia are not fine one day and a basket case the next, so I just don't buy that theory.

Very interesting observation about his past military experience in regards to his stress level though! That is interesting to consider
I'm also curious about how he got from point A to point B without a car.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

When I said disoriented, I was referring to the description people who interacted with him gave...I agree he looks...well just anxious, agitated, and NERVOUS.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Yes I do. I think for some reason he could not go to the police for help, and he was getting frantic, not knowing where to go or what to do....it's just a gut feeling I get watching that.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SurReality

Agreed .....I am going to go see if I can find any new info...thanks for your post!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

Never thought of that one
Poor guy, I think it was a little more than that though.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Hmmm I don't remember , but I'm sure I can find it again. I'll post the video or article when I find it. I find it. What you said about the toxicology etc made me think of something...... There must have been some trauma or something on his body for them to rule it a homicide before the toxicology is even done. So they are just seeing if he has anything in his system.....and already know the cause of death? I mean what would make them say it is a homicide before all tests are done? The only thing I can think of is a fatal wound of some kind....right?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join