It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video footage shows Wheeler wandering hours before his death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cyterror

You are 100%correct. I worked as a nursing aide for years, specifically with dementia patients. I am not buying that expanation at ALL!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

I think it's important that if you are going to argue against what someone posted, you make sure they actually posted it .
Not once did he say stepping in dog stubstance equalled an accidental death ending up in a landfill.

However improbable at least he suggested something that is commonplace at somepoint most of us have stepped in it too, some of the other suggestions that have been made are firmly in the land of imagination & assumption.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well....personally I think he was grabbed and being held by someone ( was attacked and knocked out/drugged)... or maybe deprived of sleep...he woke up and he escaped and was trying to get help, but could not go to police about whatever it was. That, along with age and the cold, would surely cause blood shot eyes. I think he was trying to get away from whoever did this too him and was still groggy (which is why the disheveled look and confusion, and why he was looking over his shoulder).

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JustCurious1

That's right.....and I want to make clear that I am not saying that all the things said here are 100% fact. No one knows yet...we are just discussing possibilities....it's just very mysterious and I like hearing everyone's thoughts!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

No, where I'm from poop on your shoes = frustration, usually followed by the removal of the shoe, and anger towards the person responsible. How do we even know the two events are connected? Just because we have video evidence of him acting strangely the night before his death does not mean anything, it could purely be coincidence.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I'm glad to hear you say that, while we do love a mystery I can't help but to think more down to earth until something comes out with some foundation to it.
Ok the video is strange, but without audio it could be interpretated in one of 100 different ways.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by DontLegalizeDecriminalize

I bet the "official" explanation will be something like that!

Kool aid for everyone!!

Yeah, my bad, sorry for the insane theory. It makes much more sense that he had a mini stroke, was on a salvia trip, or was suffering from dementia. Honestly I don't see how some people are jumping to those conclusions from the video, he looked pretty normal to me. I'm not saying my explanation is the right one, but more than often the simplest explanation is the correct one.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

uggggggh....the poop on your shoe is from a PERSON? Now THAT needs investigating!Yikes
The thing that makes it odd is because of who he was.... and the fact that it was so out of character for him from all accounts, not to mention his involvement in government etc......but that's what's cool about this site....it could be as simple as that, or it could be something way bigger. They say the simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation. ....but a lot of times, that's not the case...and that is what this site is all about right? Inquiring minds want to KNOW!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

No I was saying he went to complain to that attendant, holding them responsible, since they are working at that place.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I welcome your thoughts. Personally, I try to look at the rational and logical side of things .....but I think it's interesting to discuss all the possibilities too. You may say, "well why are you saying all these things then?"..... I throw things out for discussion because I am interested in hearing all ideas......not saying it is fact, just ideas.... After all, if we didn't think outside the box, we would not know many of the things we do today right?. I always say that these things are only theories, until proven. I don't pretend know the answers to everything, nor does anyone else. I just love discussing things.... This case is really intriguing beacuse of the odd circumstances...I thank you for your input, I really do appreciate your views, as well as everyone else here!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I see what you mean.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

When you step in mess, do you take your shoe off and walk around with a shoe in your hand that has poo in it? Or do you clean it off? This guy was walking around fiddling with machines, closing doors and talking to the clerk, looking out windows and outside and after all that goes up the elevator... shoe in hand. Pretty sure you or I would be cleaning that poo off before any of that. maybe he did? but why continue to walk around shoeless?

That's all I'm sayin bro, not an attack, don't be offended, it wasn't meant that way.

I think it's important that if you are going to argue against what someone posted, you make sure they actually posted it . Not once did he say stepping in dog stubstance equalled an accidental death ending up in a landfill.

Take your own advice, where does my post say that he said that? I merely pointed out what I saw to be possibly flawed information, and nowhere mentioned any conspiracy, or evil alternative outside of common crime.

So where your from, doo on your shoe =you dead in a landfill? Interesting but hardly believable. I walked for miles to the landfill and at the last minute decided to put my shoe on that had poo on it, slipped on the rocks, debris and probably trash, hit my head and now I'm dead. yea..that's it, that's totally it.

Truth is we don't know, and there's no need to argue. Maybe he did have poo on his shoe, but if it were me or you, I highly doubt we would walk around and put cleaning the shoe off. It's very unlikely of what happened in that tape. You have anything other snide remarks about my post for me? or can we call it good?
edit on 6-1-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I wasn't arguing or making snide marks, if that's how it read then I apologise.
There just seemed to be a wave of anti-reason over the last page or two in this thread to which I was responding.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Oh I don't really care man, its just when the op posts a thread claiming that content contains a video of a man hours before, death and found in a dump... people tend to consider that a shred of evidence. Something that could possibly explain how or why he died. It would be important to discuss theories. Any theories and seperate likelyhood from unlikelyhoods if possible.

Police say Wheeler traveled from Washington, D.C., where he worked, to Wilmington Tuesday on an AMTRAK train. He was last seen alive at 8:30 p.m. Thursday near the Hotel duPont parking garage at 10th and Orange streets. Wheeler's body was found Friday morning at a Wilmington landfill – dumped there by a trash truck from Newark that picked up its load at 4:40 a.m.

Source

Watch the video on that page too btw. He was robbed actually, interesting.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Some weird stuff huh? The thing is, he was completely out of character in comparison to his usual personality from everything I can find.... he did seem to have a temper from what they are reporting about the feud with his neighbor.....but the confusion/anxiety/disheveled look....nah.....something was wrong and he was worried.

Does anyone know what the timeline was in conjunction to Wheeler acting like that at the parking garage and the release of the gas that killed the birds ? Just wondering if he was distraught because he knew that it was being done at that time and could not stop it happening.....He seemed like he was feeling helpless to me, and maybe felt responsible because he knew about it.

Just my two cents....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Hi! I posted the video on the opening post, for people that may not have seen or heard about it. Never said it was evidence of anything other than it is him in a garage....just that it was a surveillance cam of him hours before he died . I wanted to hear people's opinions on what they think is going on and what they see in his body language in the video. I also mentioned the fact that he said he was robbed...along with various articles with other info. Just opened a thread for discussion for people with interest in it.....no one knows what exactly happened, which is why I want to discuss it. When I see something on the subject, I post it for people to read and discuss. There are a lot of things out there about it....some will be proven or dis proven as time goes on. Opinions and theories is the heart of ATS and I am interested in hearing all the different points of view. I welcome ALL thoughts. Thanks for the post...I appreciate you POV as well!

edit on 6-1-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Wheeler friend discusses his death, coherency

The (Wilmington) News Journal, via AP

NEWARK, Del — A longtime friend of John Wheeler III said Thursday he believes the former government official, whose body was found in a landfill on New Year's Eve, was coherent and in control of his faculties as of at least 5 p.m. Dec. 28, based on an e-mail he sent at that time.
Virginia attorney Art Schulcz, a West Point classmate of Wheeler's, said the only thing that struck him as odd was that Wheeler failed to respond to a subsequent e-mail on Dec. 29, which Schulcz said was "unusual."

Also Thursday, Newark police reported that between Wheeler's disoriented appearances captured on video Dec. 29 at a Wilmington parking garage and Dec. 30 at a building downtown, he had changed clothes.

On Dec. 29, Wheeler entered the parking garage wearing what appeared to be a sports coat. The next day, Wheeler was spotted wearing a dark colored zip-up hooded sweatshirt, police Lt. Mark Farrall said.

Police said they do not know where Wheeler obtained the clothes or stayed during that time and had no new insights as to his whereabouts between 8:30 p.m. Dec. 30 and the apparent dumping of his body in a Newark-area trash bin some time around or before 4:20 a.m. Dec. 31.

Schulcz said that he and Wheeler — who worked in the administrations of Presidents Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush — were active on an e-mail forum for West Point graduates from the class of 1966.

Once he heard about the death, Schulcz went back to find Wheeler's last message, posted to that forum around 5 p.m. Dec. 28.

It was "classic Jack", Schulcz said.

On a conversation thread about West Point and college football, Wheeler wrote:

"And absolute football corrupts absolutely. NCAA is all about football money ... To Hell with the NCAA and its corrupting Money Game ... West Point should pull out of the fraud-ridden NCAA."

Schulcz said it took focus and dexterity to compose and send it, meaning he was in control at the time.

"Jack was passionate about certain things, like right and wrong and honor," Schulcz said, adding he has shared the final posting from Wheeler with police.

Contributing: Ira Porter, The News Journal

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Maybe, but she said the knee and leg of his pants had dirt on it and a small tear....and the cuffs of his shirt and hands were dirty....like when someone falls to their knees and tries to break the fall with their hands. Not saying that's what happened, just what the woman said.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The security guard stated that he wanted to get to French street that he was staying at an old motel there, I looked up the street view of the area and there are plenty of cameras, they can pull any of that footage, especially off the traffic cams and see where and when he was there. Or, they can find out anything else they need to know, cover up going on here.... we will never get the truth, what we will get is a warning to others to not mess with the PTB.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Just before the garage, he went into a pharmacy and asked the pharmacist for a ride....pharmacist offered to call a cab or give him some money....he said "I have plenty of money" and left....went to garage....ends up dead. I don't think he stepped in dog s***.....someone stole his briefcase. His friend confirmed he had the briefcase when he dropped him off at the train station.The friend said Wheeler had a gift for his wife in it, and he specifically recalled that it because of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join