It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can anyone support abortion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
BTW as a Christian to other Christians there is NO biblical basis for hell as a place of punishment for sinners. Sin may prevent you from entering heaven but it will not send you to hell. God does not have a personal torture room he is the creator NOT saddam hussein. Hell is being cut off from gods love and being denied access to heaven. Those who die in faith go to heaven those who don't just die.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
mulberryblueshimmer, I agree with you ,that was a very inmature comment, It tells that for some we women should be burn for our actions.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer

Originally posted by TACHYON
As far as the women who aborted a child, God will see you in Hell.

such a lovely christian caring attitude!

What makes you think I'm Christian?Many of the world major religions including muslims share the same view.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

As far as the women who aborted a child, God will see you in Hell.

That is one bitter angry verbal war mongerer!
Woman, calm your heago's would ya.

As for God and hell ....... If you are a Christian you should believe:
If you repent through Jesus and are truly sorry for what you did, like I am, he is a forgiver.. if you don't believe then you shall perish..
If you are a christian woman, then your not being true to your faith or yourself, i'd just say you are probably a self hating indivudal just trying to take it out on others. .. Wise up...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You know what's going to hell?

This thread. Salvage it by keeping on track.

Also, let's try to keep the "baby-killer" and "you are going to hell" stuff to a minimum.

That goes for you too "No man has a right to..." among others.

I'll sick the Banshee on you people.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It is the killing of an INNOCENT child. I will let you pro-murderers ponder on that for a while? If your child was killed whether it was inside or outside of the womb what would it matter, accoring to your beliefs. Next time you pro-choice people have a child lost to a murder(out of the womb) dont come crying to the government to help you. Just because it is inside a womans body does not mean it is not a human being.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

It is the killing of an INNOCENT child. I will let you pro-murderers ponder on that for a while? If your child was killed whether it was inside or outside of the womb what would it matter, accoring to your beliefs. Next time you pro-choice people have a child lost to a murder(out of the womb) dont come crying to the government to help you. Just because it is inside a womans body does not mean it is not a human being.

What did I just say?

Oh brother. The only thing I hate worse than the pro-choice stance, is an ill informed Pro-Life stance.

Tac, I'd suggest you turn off Dr. Laura for a few minutes, and try to reattach yourself to the human race. Thinking you want to end the murder of innocent children by killing your humanity is very misguilded.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Only alllowed in Rape cases, so if it's rape it's not a life woth saving? abortion should stay a womens choice, it is not made lightly no matter what the propaganda tells you.To say that abortion is only a liberal idea is bogus, just as many upper class, as lower class have abortions. Especially since I think it's no longer covered by medicaid.
Bottom line no one has the right to tell someone what to do with their body, end it an we will return the backstreets with dirty rooms an hangers.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by izzi
Only alllowed in Rape cases, so if it's rape it's not a life woth saving? abortion should stay a womens choice, it is not made lightly no matter what the propaganda tells you.To say that abortion is only a liberal idea is bogus, just as many upper class, as lower class have abortions. Especially since I think it's no longer covered by medicaid.
Bottom line no one has the right to tell someone what to do with their body, end it an we will return the backstreets with dirty rooms an hangers.

Ok maybe not for rape either. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by izzi

Izzi- I hereby applaud you for that entire post!

well said *applauds*

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think abortion should be ones choice for the following reasons:

In the event of rape

In the event of a medical emergency or deformity in the child

If the mother is a drug addict (how many children run the streets because of careless mothers who have kid after kid and don't give a #?)

I would not abort a child if I was a woman unless it was one of these reasons but Ii don't think the woman for the third reason would abort anyway because of the lifestyle.

Lets say that they banned abortion for a min: It's obvious that the world population is growing. It's also obvious that legal abortion helps this in a minute way. What happens when in the future (if were not all blown to bits by that time)when the gov't tries to put a restriction on how many children one may have because of too many people in the world? What would you do then?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Don't forget pre-elcampsya... (sp)

This is a very touchy subject, there are many cases in which abortion sould be allowed... I'm just not sure about rape... I understand the situation, but the woman should be smart enough to go and get the morning after pill not to mention a good house cleaning downstairs... yuck... That would make want to flip my insides out and scrub em for a good few months.... *shivers*

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Even in cases of rape I cant justify the execution of an unborn child, the child did not commit the rape why should he or she be punished?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Even in cases of rape I cant justify the execution of an unborn child, the child did not commit the rape why should he or she be punished?

Why do you keep going back to this? What is your stance on termination in the case of imminent threat to the life of the mother?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The only stution in whch I can agree with aborton being legal is if the pregnancy is potentilly fatal to the mother. As I said at the begnning it is well established that people have a right to protect thier life up to and including by killing another if needed.
However unless the mothers life is in imminent danger It is IMHO wrong.
Red my early posts as to the justifictions for taking human life.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
MWM,
Thank you for spelling that out for me. Though you had certainly alluded to this earlier, I needed to read this in so many words. This brings-up the moral/ethical conundrum that I too feel. The self-defense excuse for murder may not hold-up to logical scrutiny, Just like the death penalty runs in the face of logic.

Women do not make the choise to terminate pregnancy lightly, even in the case of rape, deformity, or imminent danger to thier own life. Just the same, I cannot make this decision for them. I may have something to say about it, but in the end, the decision lies with the woman who must make the decision for themselves. I do not envy them this arduous choise, but I do defend thier sole right to make it.

Any attempt to legislate this choise is bound to run afoul of liberty. Choise is the only reasonable option.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I disagree Scottsquared. You see to my way of thinking unless the womans life is at stake she is making a decision for someone else namely the child. If her life is at stake the fact is that survival is the strongest instinct humans or any other form of life possess it is the only instict stronger than procreation. But if her life is not at stake there is no legal or moral justification for conciosly deciding to take anothers life. Poverty, convienience, lack of a father or partner or resources does not justify the concious decision to take the life of another human being. Not even if that human being lives in your womb at the moment.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
The only stution in whch I can agree with aborton being legal is if the pregnancy is potentilly fatal to the mother. As I said at the begnning it is well established that people have a right to protect thier life up to and including by killing another if needed.
However unless the mothers life is in imminent danger It is IMHO wrong.
Red my early posts as to the justifictions for taking human life.

Every childbirth is potentialy fatal to the mother. So why should the woman take that chance if she was raped? It is psycological for the woman who was raped and bears that for the rest of her life, she does not need a reminder for 9 minths or more.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I see you, while I can sympathise with, if not fully comprehend, the trauma a woman goes through after being raped, I can't see using that as justification for killing another human, (unless we are talking about the rapist)
As for "all pregnancies being potentially fatal" Thats like saying that all life is dying true but besides the point. While any pregnancy can be fatal unless there is an iminent and probable threat to her life I feel that abortion is wrong.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You

Every childbirth is potentialy fatal to the mother. So why should the woman take that chance if she was raped? It is psycological for the woman who was raped and bears that for the rest of her life, she does not need a reminder for 9 minths or more.

thats WHY she should be SMART ENOUGH to go see the doc right away to get the MORNING AFTER PILL...
I'm sure if it was a real psychological problem she's make it an emergency trip so she wouldn't have to have the double burden of thinking about murdering a life, cuz thats what it is...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join