It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it an animal apocalypse? Here are the facts and theories about recent mass die-offs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte
reply to post by St Udio

Assuming your theory of Micro Blast is plausable, lets look with a broader mind here, according to your theory micro blast is probable cause, ok so then answer this question, did thismicro blast happen across to all the states and countries affected? Did the Micro Blast, kill the fish and crabs?

absolutely not... i tried to point out that each event had a unique cause...so the sea life kills was an aquatic anomaly... now theres lots of methane pockets all over the Earths crust, and since the oceans cover 65% of the Earths surface there are likely many pockets of gas that excape into the atmosphere (after poisioning the local populations of fish or shell fish)

Other 'wormwood' pollutions may be the cause for the water environment to have fairly large fish kills happening.
but outgassing seems the more probable and natural as these mysterious types of fish kills are legendary throughout history. Outgassing may be increasing all over the planet right now because of the hotter mantle plumes that are occurring because the inner core is in disequalibrium. (hence the unstable magnetosphere & polar wanderings and magnetic strength fluxuations)

these same outgassings could remain in a bubble or cloud before dissipating into the areas atmosphere... And woe to the birds that happen to fly through this lethal cloud before it is mixed into the atmosphere at tolerable levels. -> more earthquakes in diverse places is having the usually static crust and strata to move even the tiniest and the layers of trapped lethal gasses can travel up and excape into the biosphere.
These pockets of gas are very dangerous to miners that are 100s or more feet below the surface, everywhere on the planet.

as far as the weird, unexpected micro-bursts...the air currents are very strange lately, cold places experiencing hotter weather and warmer climes experiencing colder situations... all this activity could very well be inducing air currents and high velocity vortices in the air, (much like rip-tides on a beach)... unseen, these wind shears could very well rip into a flock of our feathered friends and decimate them while in flight and they fall, or else carry them to their death by the force of the current.... straight into trees, buildings, roadways.

does that sound better?
edit on 6-1-2011 by St Udio because: insert a G as needed

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think the media is getting swept up in the subject. While it is certainly alarming, I can't help but wonder if they are just scouring more then normal to find stories relating to die offs... Many things can cause animal die off. The best way I can see determining the reason is autopsy or run some tests for disease. I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the "end of times" bandwagon until stronger relations between these events could be established.

Could be anything from magnetic poles shifting affecting migration, Atlantic current being stopped, cold snaps, fireworks, man made pollution, disease, invisible alien ships, depressed suicidal birds...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
massive shellfish die off in pakistain
in the millions and on going more every day

millions and millions dead

god save our souls
xploder

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Can't pretend to know the cause, but a great link was provided in another thread re the locations of the mass die-offs: maps.google.com...

Props to XTCXS

Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is anyone able to determine whether there exists a geographic correlation?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
each incident is most likely a unique circumstance of either cold water for the fish or crabs.
or perhaps the outgassing of toxic/noxious gasses from the Earths crust.

Why would fish in New Zealand die from cold water, where it is now the middle of Summer?

What are the odds of localized outgassing killing thousands of fish within days of one another in widely scattered locations around the globe? Wouldn't such poisoning be detectable by scientific testing? Why does it seem that primarily a single species of animal is involved in all these cases if an entire environment is allegedly affected?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
My theory isn't really a theory...it is merely a logical conclusion based on observation, common sense, and an unwillingness to forget what happened on April 20, 2010.

I posted all this in one thread, not realizing at the time that it was in the Bird Flu and Pandemics forum, which wasn't exactly the venue I had in mind for sharing this information. So I'm going to post it again rather than links...it's too important.

I have modified my original posts a little bit, for various reasons such as taking out confusing responses that only make sense in context, etc. Here is a link to the thread in which I posted all this already, just in case.

I posted this first bit yesterday, and I haven't checked to see what new happenings might have taken place in the interim, so keep that in mind, please.
================
The US has the most incidents reported, in the following states:
Arkansas
Florida
Illinois
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Michigan
North Carolina
Tennessee
Texas

Some have 2 or 3 different instances.

All of those states are either directly North or North/North East of the Gulf, with the exception of Florida which is directly East.

This page says:

“Oil is a complex mixture containing substances like benzene, heavy metals, arsenic, and polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons -- all known to cause human health problems such as cancer, birth defects or miscarriages,” said Kenneth Olden, founding dean of New York’s CUNY School of Public Health at Hunter College, who is monitoring a panel on possible delayed effects. “The potential here is huge and we have to be diligent about protecting the public health and these workers.”

But what about the animals?
And if they die, we die.
----------------------------------------------
I can't believe it is HAARP. The writer mentioned some bible references, but no one's thought of this one:

Revelation 11:18

And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou should give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and should destroy them which destroy the earth.

With all the poisons that we KNOW for sure are in crude oil...why not question the motives of the big money suits and how that influences the information we receive.

The immediate statements given as being those of the scientists and researchers were very strange for being some of the first comments given to the public, mainly along the lines of "We'll probably never know what caused this."

Right. Only because this information would be incriminating and very likely change the whole corporate/oil world...if enough people question this nonsense "information" that we're getting...the truth will have to come out.

Heck, it is already out...they are just hoping that it goes away and everyone forgets about it just like we did after they plugged that hole. But I doubt it is going away and this time we won't forget because the evidence is all around and in the full public view.
-------------------------
Illnesses linked to BP Oil Disaster: Widespread Sickness due to Toxic Chemicals

Despite BP having capped its well in the Gulf of Mexico in July, the health-related after-effects of the disaster subsist.

Gulf Coast residents and BP cleanup workers have linked the source of certain illnesses to chemicals present in BP's oil and the toxic dispersants used to sink it - illnesses that appear to be both spreading and worsening.

Dr. Rodney Soto, a medical doctor in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, has been testing and treating patients with high levels of oil-related chemicals in their blood stream. These are commonly referred to as Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's). Anthropogenic VOC's from BP's oil disaster are toxic and have negative chronic health effects.

Dr. Soto is finding disconcertingly consistent and high levels of toxic chemicals in every one of the patients he is testing.

"I'm regularly finding between five and seven VOCs in my patients," Dr. Soto told Al Jazeera. "These patients include people not directly involved in the oil clean-up, as well as residents that do not live right on the coast. These are clearly related to the oil disaster."

This article is about humans getting ill from the oil and the dispersant chemicals...but if humans are ill, then it only follows that the animals who live in connection with the sea (fish, birds, crabs, etc.) are getting ill, too. And the animals have smaller bodies with smaller systems, which means that it probably takes even less of the toxins to do irreparable damage. And to top that off, there is a lot lacking in our full understanding of every animal species on Earth - we don't know even a fraction of what is out there and certainly not enough to say that this IS NOT directly caused by the oil spill last April.

There's no question in my mind about it. The only thing I wonder about is how it is going to turn out...we will continue to allow corporate greed to suck all the life out of this planet, putting an end to corporate greed forever (as well as all life on Earth. period), or will the people finally emerge from dreamland and say "enough is enough!"

I hope it is the latter. Of course, if it is the former, it really won't matter, in the end, anyway.
-----------------
I've got something new to post, but I'll do it separately to avoid confusion.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

Originally posted by St Udio
each incident is most likely a unique circumstance of either cold water for the fish or crabs.
or perhaps the outgassing of toxic/noxious gasses from the Earths crust.

Why would fish in New Zealand die from cold water, where it is now the middle of Summer?

What are the odds of localized outgassing killing thousands of fish within days of one another in widely scattered locations around the globe? Wouldn't such poisoning be detectable by scientific testing? Why does it seem that primarily a single species of animal is involved in all these cases if an entire environment is allegedly affected?

In regard to any toxin present in the ocean waters, the rate of dispersion of any given substance is much faster than most people realize. Also, by the time it spreads out into most of the waters, the ppm isn't going to be that high and might not even be detectable. But remember, these animals are much, much smaller than we are...requiring far less poison to kill.

I think the reason behind it there being only certain species of animals affected, out of all the species present is simply due to biological differences in metabolism and susceptibility, etc.

These are just the first ones...there will be more and more. I wish it weren't true but I must be honest about what I see.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Toxic Cloud May Be Responsible For Animal Deaths

It seems logical then that the same mass of air has been in-place in the general vicinity of every fish and marine massacre of the past 9 days, and the correlation between the air and the water can be explained as simply as rainfall. Please recall that the atmosphere and large bodies of water are forever tied together by the water cycle, the single element that creates the conditions to sustain life as we know it on our planet.

Why isn’t this being reported globally? Everyone is testing the fish, the crabs, and the birds, when clearly there is ample probable cause to assume that there is something going on in an air mass that is circling the belt of our planet. Is anyone testing that air mass?

Ask yourself – what could possibly be in the atmosphere that could be toxic enough to kill off these tender species’ en masse? I can think of two events in 2010 that could offer an answer.

BP’s Gulf of Mexico fiasco comes to mind. BP, in its infinite wisdom, burned millions of gallons of toxic crude oil and caustic “dispersant” into our atmosphere. ”We fixed the water,” they explained. Please recall that it rained oily rain in New Orleans, last summer, as evidence that when you burn oily toxic chemicals they have to go somewhere, and come back down somewhere else. And what they burned was nothing to ignore. The labels on the drums of BP-developed dispersant specifically said that their product should not be breathed or handled without protective gear. Nevertheless, they were permitted to loft this chemical into our atmosphere.

I had forgotten about all the oil that they burned! That might account toward the birds dying, somewhat. The sea-going birds surely are also affected by interacting with the ocean.

This map doesn't seem to be all that current - but even at that, it is alarming:
Mass Animal Deaths

I need to find an updated map and/or the latest reports of any new incidents, so I can post it here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join