It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We gotta do something about Sorcha Faal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Every day we get at least one thread started with Sorcha Faal either directly or indirectly as a source and frankly, it's starting to get bloody annoying!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who get's sick and tired either chasing back through sources to find the original Sorcha Faal source or pointing out that Sorcha Faal is bad news.

So what can be done?

Can admin block known URL's like they do with other URL's of disrepute?

Do we just keep THIS THREAD on bookmark the whole time?

Maybe we can get Anonymous to "Git Em!"

Thought's?

edit on 6/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
We have all seen Sorcha Faal's rise to the top in terms of prodigious production of utter poppycock . And I agree with you, in an ideal world we would have a mechanic by which to prevent his detritus ending up in our faces all day every day.
However, all that checking back into the origins of a news article or similar source of information, and all that back researching is bloody MARVELOUS practice, and by applying the same suspiscion to all things, that we apply to that singular source of complete crap, we may uncover truths in threads and articles which prove to have nothing to do with him.
The only good thing about such a person, is that his existance keeps us on our toes, and reminds us that comment without investigation is a fools errand, and that is a lesson worth learning, and refreshing every so often , would you not agree?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I can agree with that.

It also show's many aren't chasing and verifying sources before posting.

Lift ya game people!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Ah! You've got to love these creative yet entertaining writers, which are NOTHING compared to investigative journalists, who actually put their lives on the line to get the truth out there to the hard working, tax paying citizens. It's up to the citizens to discern what is right from wrong, too. Wake up, folks!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I'm not sure if the policy is still in place for --, but it used to be filtered out.
I think the same thing should be put in place for the keywords www.whatdoesitmean.com and Sorcha Faal and that way at the very least it will not appear on the page.

To be honest at the moment a lot of Faal reports are coming in from other sources that link back to WDIM.com.
You can always pick a Faal report anyway just from the headline.

edit: OK the filter is still in place for that other horrid site.
Good. Lets add WDIM to that list please.
edit on 6-1-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Blocking WDIM would be a start, but as you say, their stories still filter through to other websites like beforeitsnews.com who do zero fact checking themselves.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I agree with you so much and unfortunately with the new FB connection and all of the new members because of that, they are not as educated about Faal as older members are and they are using her stuff in an attempt to find answers. I had thought the filters were working but I just read a thread tonight that had a news article directly attributed to her in the thread and several links to GLP, which is also supposed to be filtered. Maybe the admins should require certain threads be read on the Board Business Forum and the Freshman area before they approve any posting at all. They know what our IPs are and could track the reading of the threads that way. Might help.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
That's true, yesterday it was being reported by eutimes, not that I know how credible that resource is to begin with however. I have seen a few dodgy reports from there.

But I see know reason why WMID can't be blocked here, as it stands now the mods are just whacking any report straight to the HOAX bin. It may save a bit of work for them.
I don't know, who do we speak to about that, or does Booth himself have to turn up and make a nuisance first.
Actually that would be fun for about 10 minutes, but I doubt that he has the spine for that.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Rule of thumb. Sorcha Faal will have an answer and an unnamed source for any major and mysterious news event within a couple of hours of the breaking story. Without fail or Faal. Like clockwork.

I agree to the need for a Sorcha Faal hoax option/category. Plenty of history to support it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I think he enjoys hiding behind his pseudonym too much, would be fun though, it would be like when I shared pleasantries with Michael Cohen....Good times!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Couldnt agree more!
This thread by Mirthfull Me, one of our own investigators and Moderator could be given the occassionall bump and referal on any thread that uses the gender benders stuff. And show that sorcha faal=such a fail

We have a responsability to not let people be duped by him, and in some cases conned out of cash!

So we who know should educate those that do not at every opportunity.

AND get anon to sort it too!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Yeah an occasional bump certainly wouldn't hurt.

I notice my ANW thread get's a bump every now and then, usually not long after a thread linking to them has been thrown into the hoax forum.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Every day we get at least one thread started with Sorcha Faal either directly or indirectly as a source and frankly, it's starting to get bloody annoying!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who get's sick and tired either chasing back through sources to find the original Sorcha Faal source or pointing out that Sorcha Faal is bad news.

So what can be done?

Can admin block known URL's like they do with other URL's of disrepute?

Do we just keep THIS THREAD on bookmark the whole time?

Maybe we can get Anonymous to "Git Em!"

Thought's?

Don't really have to go far to find him, his domain WHOIS back then was registered to his name "David Booth" whom's a retired programmer. Certain sites like davidickes.com and projectavalon.com says he worked for the FBI's DIV 5 however I haven't seen anything concret to back those claims up nonetheless after his name was found in the whois of his domain he had a domain privacy setup on it so that the registered information don't show up anymore... So I guess it was really his real name after all...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I agree with you Sir Chad, and I also hope there can be some way to stop this hoaxer(s) from further polluting our "already muddied" arena of info and research.

I have no idea how to stop the Faal, but I do salute your quest in trying to do so.

In hopes to help, I can only add to this thread one flag and a voice supporting your concerns on one of ATS' worst enemies.

Here's to fighting total liars profiting off of disinfo and lies at the expense of gullible types!

MM

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As you can all imagine...

I have some rather strong feeling about Sorcha... Errr... David Booth... And I appreciate the kind mention, but torespond to the title of the thread, there is something that can be done regarding Sorcha Faal/David Booth and any and all other HOAXsters and disinformation artists... Investigate sources and backtrack sources! The trend now is for these less than reputable snake oil vendors to disseminate their "stories" over a broad range of websites (beforeitwasnews.com was one mentioned) in order to obfuscate the origin as well as to imply credibility by sheer volume. If you come across a thread whose focal topic is in fact based on a HOAX source please use the alert function and allow the ATS Staff to address the issue. You can also use it as an opportunity to bump the aforementioned Sorcha Faal... Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth thread by linking to a thread using a Sorcha Faal story as it's basis.

Thanks to all for all your efforts and by embodying ATS's motto of "Deny Ignorance."

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I will happily "declare" that ALL threads using Sorcha Faal as a source, directly or indirectly, will be put in the dread ATS [HOAX] Forum as soon as they are discovered by staff or reported by the Membership.

We do NOT want to support such garbage with any publicity on the Big ATS at all.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Springer, you are a man of action!

So thank you for your positive actions as I think it's just gonna get worse as the 2012 storm (figuratively speaking) approaches.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank-you Chadwickus

and a big thank you to Springer

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

could we just treat it like that crazy man walking down the street arguig with himself..."oh look honey, there is that poor man" says perfect wife.. " i know how sad", says jerk husband setting wife up for chuckle time.. " that's right dude, don't take that, kick ass" the jerk husband says to crazy man thru truck window as crazy man responds by becoming more irate at the invisible person he is fighting with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join