It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011: The Year The Aliens Came.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Well said. I often have conversations with friends, family, coworkers, etc.. I can honestly say that I am ridiculed on a daily basis for my beliefs. Just the other day at work we were discussing religion, government conspiracies and such. Obviously we have a lot of free time at work.

I was explaining that I don't believe in God as he is portrayed in the Bible, that I don't trust TPTB, and that I in no way believe that we are alone in the universe and certainly are not the pinnacle of creation.

Jaws fell open, people gasped, and I was actually called a Nazi and a satanist because of my views. Well I, of course, laughed. I was shocked by the percentage of people at work that believe our government has our best interests in mind and that they are truthful about what they know about the ET presence.

I was then asked if I had ever met an ET face-to-face, which I in turn replied, "well of course not." The person asking the question then asked, "then what the hell proof do you have that they exist?" Well of course my response was, "have you ever met God face-to-face?" You can see my point here.

Tens of thousands of videos exist of UFOs, yet people deny that there is something else out there. I think it threatens their relationship with God. Because if he does exist, then he also created these other life forms, and that would mean that he loves them too, and well, Christians, in my opinion, are so arrogant that they just can't stomach the thought of their God loving another.
edit on 6-1-2011 by IamAbeliever because: none

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I think the key difference between awareness and disclosure is this. Disclosure as envisioned by those who seek it, is an out and out admission on the part of governments around the world that they have lied to the people for decades about something which all persons have a right to know. That humanity is not alone in this universe. Persons wishing for disclosure want all files, all records, all data, all video, photographic and physical evidence made utterly public, put on display, the guts of the whole issue open to the air for all to see.
However, awareness is something which one attains by ones own means, by ones level of receptiveness to ideas and possibilities, and by ones ability to see what is in front of thier face. Put another way, an aware person doesnt look for his socks in the morning. He simply finds them.
Disclosure seems to me to be a tool which persons who are aware of the possibilities presented by the idea of extraterrestrial intelligence , wish to use to enlighten others, as if to say " I told you so, now would you stop looking at me so strangely when I sit at the bar?" . A government agency cannot provide awareness to people. That is something they must find for themselves. But disclosure would be a different deal entirely , requiring the input of those who have been responsible for lies and obsfucations for decades (according to those who would welcome it) , which would also have massive consequences on the geopolitical stage, consequences which could be disasterous, or could be good for democracy and bad for the intelligence services.
Its a deeply murky issue, and therefore I doubt that a simple reclassification of the terms we use to describe an assisted enlightenment of the people by the government, will go any distance to avoiding difficulties with the subject.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

I feel you pain. I tend to keep my mouth shut about my opinions on UFO's and such matters, particularly around family and friends, out of fear of being ridiculed. Religion is no problem, because I don't really know that many religious people, they tend to keep themselves to themselves around here, but the topic of ET's are a pretty hard topic in front of people you know.

Probably because you have spent a lifetime researching and reading about them, discovering the best and most credible cases, while all your workmates have to go on is the crap they hear on T.V about little green men.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

I think you'll find those who laugh the loudest actually do believe but are afraid of admitting it in front of their co-workers.

I get laughed at all the time over it...does'nt worry me at all.

At least one positive came out of it, they are all now purchasing non-GMO seeds.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

Most of my family and friends know my beliefs, and only a very small portion of them think I am a little off for thinking the way I do. Now behind my back they may be plotting to have me committed, but who knows. My wife is a devout Catholic, and tries every week to get me to attend mass with her. We respect each other's beliefs, and even take little jabs at one another. I like the post about awareness vs. disclosure. In fact it was brilliant. Kudos to you TrueBrit. When I first met my wife she would not even engage in any discussion involving the existence of ETs. One day I simply asked her to humor me, open her mind, and then showed her some of the more credible evidence out there. I made her "aware" of the obvious facts and evidence that points to us not being alone. Today she will admit, but only to me of course, "I believe that there is something else besides us in the universe, but the thought scares the hell out of me." Why it scares her I don't know. Could be the whole God loving another life form issue again, could be that most people base their opinion of aliens on the fact that Hollywood portrays them as blood sucking monsters hell-bent on our destruction. I guess the point is that I made one person "aware" of the possibility.
edit on 6-1-2011 by IamAbeliever because: nada

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Come, not came...

And the use of a bloke flogging books as proof is worrying.

There will be 1001 claims of disclosure this year, I doubt very much ANY will come true.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I am a Christian myself, although I have no wish to enter a church until the day after the apocalypse
. However I have never been fearful of the possibility of alien life. For one thing, I cannot envisage anything being more harrowing than the damage mankind does to itself and its planet every single day. We are a species which has soaked every inhabited square inch of this planet in our own blood for tens of thousands of years. Even now we are still discovering how long mankind has been murdering itself , supposedly for survival, and even now we war over petty things, like whos God is real, oil, money, resources and most gross of all politics.
Baring in mind that we as a species are perfectly capable of our own destruction, I am willing to bet that contact with an alien race cannot be worse than self termination on a planetary scale. At least were some new species from the stars to come and kill us all, or enslave us, at least we could look back and say "This we did NOT bring upon ourselves, this we could NOT have prevented." It would be the first war, and the first genocide that humanity expirienced which was not its own stupid fault. I think also that if it came to it, and the alien was not friendly , that would be a fight that mankind could have no moral compunction against fighting. I would hate to have to kill my fellow man, for I know the quarrels amongst us humans are meaningless and foolish in the extreme, at least in thier origins. But an alien race coming to destroy us all would be a fight we could win by pulling off the gloves, and using all that self hatred and turning it outward against a threat. Even if we failed, we would at least die united, even if we could never live as such.
But thats more than enough about gloom and so on. I also believe that alien life, should it exist would more than likely be peaceful, since intellectual persons are very rarely physicaly confrontational, and more often than not have moral limitations which would promote a peaceful resolve to any real issue between themselves and another party.
I also believe that they would have to have technology of such amazing power and elegance that it would boggle the minds of even the greatest thinkers of our time. If that is the case, just the oppertunity to witness those mechanics would be something awesome to behold, and something that regardless of deep understanding, would effect our thought processes in favourable ways, rather than focusing our technological advancement around our battles for supremacy with one another. I would hope that any contact between our species and a peaceful star faring one, would see our attentions as a planet turn to the heavens, not just as casual observers, but with the united aim of expanding our reach and our habitat to the planets and moons of our solar system, and eventualy beyond that, to other stars, and even other galaxies given time.
One reason I am hopeful over the existance of other life in the universe, and our eventualy contacting it, is that if mankind re learns awe, redefines the barriers of his imagination, we will see a way to live in harmony with one another to a greater extent than we do now, and in time a way for our species to become older than the planet we originate from. My hope is, that long after Earth and the Sun, and all our familiar friends in space have burned away to nothing, that there will be humanity still abroad in the cosmos, free of its hate, free to concentrate on exploring the true wonder of creation. The very universe itself.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The disclosure has been happening for sometime now and yes they are tired of dealing with the leaders and have realized the ordinary joe blow shows more promise. Especially the outcast Joe blow that doesn't seem to fit the societal mold and hasn't been tainted by group think.

Lets just say we have playful humor.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

This man has an amazing voice and as a Clevelander I am glad he will be "bringing his talents to Cleveland". Stories like this make me think that maybe there is some glimmer of hope for us as a species.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

To some people, they are afraid because of their religious beliefs but you'll find most are in fact afraid, very afraid...perhaps their inner voices are telling them aliens are soul destroying, they are not of our world, they are ugly, different, dangerous. Whatever it is, no man or woman can't deny they do fell fear to some degree when the subject of aliens is brought up in discussion.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Very well thought post out however those alien cullings of humans and livestock are not exactly "elegant" that do tend to stick in our minds. That in itself has to ring alarm bells.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Absolutely, it is fear of the unknown. I personally don't believe that their intentions are to harm us, however, who is to say that it isn't. I for one shudder at the thought of being abducted. I am not totally free of fear regarding ETs. I often hear people say that if ETs wanted to harm us they would have done so by now. Well when I go to the grocery store for food I don't buy a couple of steaks, drive home, put it in my freezer and then turn around and drive back to get burgers, and then repeat the process over and over again. I go there, get what I need and then return home. Maybe they are simply waiting for the Earth's population to reach a certain number before they go "shopping" and return home. Make the trip worth their while.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

What they did to the livestock and I think it was a Brazillian man while he was still alive (and there would had been many others like him we don't know about), the abductions and what the aliens did to them proves aliens have absolutely no empathy or compassion.

Another worry here in Australia and New Zealand, almost all of us don't have guns however most Americans do. If I was to think the worst then us Aussies are doomed and so are our neighbours over the ditch.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I see your point. But I think we are dealing with more than one species of ETs, and clearly they don't all have our best interests in mind. I have to agree with TrueBrit in that I am more afraid of what we as a species have done, and will do, to one another than I am of what the alien races may have in store for us. As far as guns, I personally don't own any, but we Americans have a love affair with them. Hell, down in Florida they give you a voucher for a new gun with the purchase of a new vehicle. Just another sign of the absolute decline of American society. No other species on the planet kills just for the pure hell of it. No, that dubious honor goes to us humans.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Well, our time of reckoning is fast approaching, in fact it's already here and I'm talking about Mankind. We have the will to change our destiny but it may be too little too late but there's no time like the present and we have to start NOW but try and convience our powers to be in the White House and other powerful Govts worldwide is like talking to a brick wall. They don't have our best interests at heart, they are too busy scheming how they're going to squeeze that last dollar out of us and send our sons to war as a thankyou token.

How the hell did we allow this to happen and why did we allow it to get to this present time?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Wow the thread has really taken off while i've been gone.

@I am a believer:

I haven't had the same problem that you have. Most people I talk about this stuff tend to laugh but agree with me at the same time, for example when my girlfriend reads my posts here on ATS she rolls her eyes and laughs but after explaining my post she comes around and agrees.

I guess its because none of my friends and family are very religous.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

So I ask......Will 2011 be the year of disclosure? Accord to Stanley Fulham it will be but don't abide by his message make up your own mind.

Peace.
ALS

Incorrect. Stanley Fulham claimed disclosure would happen on Oct. 13th, 2010. It didn't. I don't doubt that he is sincere & has seen some top secret stuff, but quite frankly, I find the announcement of this info.followed immediately by his death more interesting then the announcement itself.

You're argument is weak considering you completely ignored his failed prediction.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL
[more

The public disclosure of aliens to the public has already begun. The proof is out there for those who want to search for it. Has anyone seen the nationally released movie, " The Fourth Kind ". They show actual video footage, a personal interview, and multiple recordings.

How about millions of reports from citizens and respected government personnel?

Personal encounters that blow my mind. The story of the woman who was able to recount a far off star system under hypnosis, only because she was abducted.

I have always been interested in mythologies, Greek, Christian, Egyptian, Norse. Only until recently was able to parallel these stories of myths with proof of alien life.

If you have even the slightest knowledge of astronomy, that should be enough to prove alien life right there. The size of the universe is something we will never be able to comprehend. Even if you multiple the size of the earth a million times, imagine that and you are not even close to the size of a galaxy, let alone the whole universe. It is pretty selfish to assume that we are the only life form within the universe who can think and reason.

I don't think there has ever been this kind of attention on alien life. But maybe that's just because we are searching for it...Is it because a massive public disclosure is upon us? Perhaps it is due to the evolution of communication, never before in history have we been able to communicate with one another so freely and with so many. Now we can relate stories amongst one another and even begin to archive personal reports year after year. In my humble opinion, aliens DO exist & I know that for a fact.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I believe that the OP stated that Stanley Fulham died on December 19, 2010,
less than a month ago. So why do some posters say that he is only in this to
sell a book? Kind of hard to do if you are in the ground in a box.

And someone stated that he "is" sincere? Don't you mean "was sincere" if
he died? Just curious. And why do a lot of people bash someone who sells
a book? So what? Are you jealous because you don't have the knowledge to
do likewise? Regardless, let's see if any of his predictions come true. I hope so.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthTakesTime

Your right Disclosure hasn't only begun I believe its coming to an end, the end game, the lifting of the veil. Most of us believe in alien life the only thing left to disclose is their existents here on and around planet Earth.

If you have even the slightest knowledge of astronomy, that should be enough to prove alien life right there.

The Drake equation comes to mind:

R* = the average rate of star formation per year in our galaxy
fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
fℓ = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point
fi = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life
fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space

edit on 6-1-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join