It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this concept for the last few days, and thought you might find it interesting, considering where our weary world finds itself at this point in time. 20th Century Sociologist Robert Merton came up with the term"Self-Fulfilling Prophecy", and formalized its structure and consequences. With 2012 quickly approaching, and things heating up already, are we helping bring a negative future upon ourselves purely from negative thinking?

I've been here on ATS for nearly a year now, and we have been whipping ourselves into a frenzy of very large proportions. I enjoy conspiracy theory or I wouldn't be here. There are a lot of thought provoking threads here, but some of it reminds me of the old saying of "throwing it up against the wall to see what sticks". We're all at different levels of knowledge and understanding, so I'm not willing to say any particular thread is "doo-doo" out of hand. ATS is a great place to speak your mind, and with all the very bad stuff going on all over the world, if you aren't upset about all the back door bs, you aren't paying attention. I'm no Pollyanna, but what we need to find somehow is some group positive thinking. Yep, it seems hopeless, but doesn't it make sense to be part of the solution and not part of the problem?

new topics

join