It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panicking college-student seeking advice!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

I would suggest making a bug-out pack if you live far away from home ("away at college" type of thing.). The list for such packs can be found on survivalist websites all across the internet. If you do want a list, just send me a PM and I can give you a list.

The biggest thing is to not be afraid or let yourself get sucked into paranoia. Panic is a bad, bad thing. I myself had issues with fear and paranoia and was able to work past them-I do NOT want anyone to have to feel the way I did. If you have trouble with panic or fear, direct this energy towards something positive, like preparedness planning. Make sure that you have a plan in place in case of an emergency/disaster, and make it with your family if you can. This will change depending on where you live...like the countryside/city/semi-populated or barren wilderness. (You get the idea)

As for 2012...pfft. I'm not one to have my head in the sand and ignore natural disasters by any means, but I do not think that anything significant is going to happen like people have been saying. (This is just my personal opinion) Almost everything I have come across as "evidence" is pseudoscience with very little basis in fact, or taking something that is rooted in fact and twisting it WAY, WAY out of proportion. (Again, this is respectfully my own opinion.) I hope you've found some of what I wrote helpful. Let me know fi I can offer any more help!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

hon i respect you for it. more power to the girl who likes pink and frilly things but can kick ass when the time comes.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I can tell you this for sure.When 2013 comes around i wanna be holding a girl like you.As for survival tips the army has manuals on everything.You can print them out.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join