It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The situation in Ivory Coast and predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I find the situation in Ivory Coast disturbing. Western governments and media were quick to accuse Gbagbo of stealing the elections and people mostly see him as a Mugabe-esque dictator.
The more this story goes on, the more I believe Ouattara is just the west manchurian candidate.
There was very little debate or information regarding the elections results and decisions made. I have many questions:

Why is the population and the army still very loyal to Gbagbo?
Ouattara calls for a general strike were a fiasco, he seems very isolated in his own country.

Why 'flawed' elections in Africa are suddenly a big issue in the West?
Is it because the country is the number one producer of cocoa, the cheap luxury taken from africa? O the strategic importance of Ivory Coast in Africa?

Why threaten war?
Nothing has been done in Sudan, Kenya and many countries with much more terrible political situation and loss of life. Now the West want to send their 'african puppet's armies' to take care the uncooperative Gbabgo?

I don't know much of this Gbagbo, I don't trust him more than anybody else but something tells me he isn't the monster the media wants us to believe. And honestly I don't believe the reports of killings committed by Gbagbo are true.
The West doesn't care about the lives and will of africans, I am sure if Gbabgo wanted to bend over to the will of the US and Europe, we wouldn't have this situation.
I am all for Ivory Coast to protect its sovereignty, better a country loving dictator than a sell off foreign puppet in my opinion.

Anyways I predict that:

Gbagbo won't change his position and remain in power
There will be false flags attacks on civilians or UN troops
The 'international community' outrage will allow african nations to wage war on Ivory coast
The 'international community' will lie and not take responsibility for this and mark it as a regional decision by africans for africans.
A bloody war will unfold and the media will portray it as a civil war. I think the population will stand with Gbagbo.
Gbagbo will lose because the West will certainly join in if it doesn't go their way.
It will send a clear message to all 'challenging candidates' either with your masters or you are taken out.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Not many may be up to speed, but there's another thread. I do share your sentiment

UK Foreign Secretary William Hague backs use of military force to oust Ivory Coast president

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I came across another thread indirectly related www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also research the events currently unfolding in the Ivory Coast where UN troops, supported heavily by the French, are killing civilians and protecting a presidential candidate whom they claim won the election. What raises my suspicions on that event however is that the man defended by the international bodies also belonged to the IMF and BCEAO while professing a belief in Technocracy.

The IMF already have a nasty reputation for suppressing, bankrupting, stealing and slaving nations. The BCEAO is a French bank and with them working together does not sound good at all. The many stories of CIA manipulation of governments around the world is very perverse and highly unethical in their actions, not saying they are involved but is part of their game. I have heard very little about the going ons in the Ivory Coast, but it does sound serious and could have important implications. With the history of the Western Nations sticking their noses into other nations, it has not been on the noble grounds that the media portray. It has been back by bankers and other wealthy entities stuck in a mode of more, more, more.

With Gbagbo going up against French backed UN it is not a fair fight. I hope this David kicks Goliath in the nuts and rips his head off
. A more reasonable approach may be for the other African leaders who support Gbagbo to band together and force the French to back down go away and let them sort out their own mess. www.voanews.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The problem with 'African Leaders' is that they are equally corrupt and in collusion with TPTB. which is why Africa is not as developed as the rest of the world, despite the obscene amount of mineral and land resources they have.

Many of them are in TPTB pockets. The rulers and their african cronies are the richest ones while anyone below them is either dirt poor or in jail for speaking out.

I wouldn't have known about the Ivory Coast situation years back until I started research on who are the parties attempting to control food and mineral resources, as it was said by Kissinger that whomever control food, controls mankind.

I hope many would look into the situation happening in Ivory Coast deeper and help out our african brothers and sisters. The few coins dumped into charity for them is nothing but a scam. They need no charity, but equal opportunities in life as any other human in developed nations, gradually awakening up the deceptions by TPTB.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I acknowledge that they have a different set of cultural values, but with all the major conflicts there is a western influence involved somewhere. Yeah they have corruption issues, but have a look at the fed and wall street.
These are the people that live there, they know the land and their issues. There has been a lot of good from western influences, but also a lot of bad. These are men with wives and children, they can stand on their own feet if we stop pulling the rug out from under them.

top topics

join