It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Theory on the Birds.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I think birds are descendants of flying dinosaurs. It makes sense. Birds always seemed kind of lizardlike to me. They are very cool.

Sometimes I see birds, and I'm like wow, I wish I could fly. They look like they have fun. Sometimes I see them on the tops of trees, and they dive off, only to open their wings and soar... I can almost hear them saying 'WAHOOOOOO!"

I also feel like birds are extremely social. I hear them squawk at each other sometimes, and I swear they laugh. Very fascinating.

My favorite two types of avians are the hawk and the owl. Hawks just look so wise soaring around up there on the wind currents. IMAGINE THE VIEW!!!!!

Owls are mystical strange beings. I feel like one of my spirit animals is an owl. Very spiritual and awe inspiring.

So, what are your thoughts on birds?

-SES

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Very interesting theory on the birds there. Although i am not sure what the theory is.

Are you saying that all birds are reptilian? That birds will rule the earth some day!!

Noah released a bird from his ark, the first animal after the world ended. Significant? Indeed. Imagine as the bird flew the view he had of the water and finding that one little branch.

What an animal.

VvV

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I think birds are God's flying machines I think they are the way he intended us to fly and if God wanted us to fly he would've given us wings if God is in space it makes sense why he didn't give us wings he doesn't want showing up at his doorstep every 5 min. asked him why he did that I think that deep space exploration is the way to unlock the truth about God

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Yeah, birds are cool. Who hasn't wanted to be able to fly around like they do? Seems like a life of total freedom to me, to be able to soar around anywhere you want, have a nice safe nest way up in a tree, fly somewhere new for the winter.

Makes it that much sadder that they seem to be dying mysteriously.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I thought this was going to be a thread about why the birds died, and reading it, I just laughed so hard.. lol

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by elocin

I figured people could use a laugh in these troubling times.

Glad I could help.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
My theory is they're flying into cloaked alien ships. But that's only a theory. I'm sure someone else has already come up with that.

Just noticed this isn't a "Why are all the birds dying?" thread.
So:

edit:
Just remember what Agent Cooper said:

"The owls aren't what they seem.."

edit on 1/6/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: cooper

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

So, what are your thoughts on birds?

Wonderful creatures and I am grateful to have them as companions, both aesthetically and as brethren. I have relatives that are into bird watching and the fascination got to me too. Their graceful flights, the perfection of intent, their plumage and of course their song all make them little dynamos of splendor.

Tiny dinosaurs? Sure....

Ask your average paleontologist who is familiar with the phylogeny of vertebrates and they will probably tell you that yes, birds (avians) are dinosaurs. Using proper terminology, birds are avian dinosaurs; other dinosaurs are non-avian dinosaurs, and (strange as it may sound) birds are technically considered reptiles. Overly technical? Just semantics? Perhaps, but still good science. In fact, the evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of birds being the descendants of a maniraptoran dinosaur, probably something similar (but not identical) to a small dromaeosaur. What is this evidence?

www.ucmp.berkeley.edu...
I have always admired their perfect design for flying and always hope we could come up with a mimicked design enabling us to flap and fly. Guess all we need are some hollow bones for that weight issue.

Here is a colorful thread on birds www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this is a pretty cool vid of birds:

Peace,
spec
edit on 6-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
One thing I absolutely adore about birds are their songs. My goodness are they beautiful.

My personal favorite is when Cardinals sing. Although I also enjoy the sounds of other birds as well.

Truly fascinating creatures. Dinosaurs with wings.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Im a bit of a "twitcher" in my spare time, my father got me interested in birds and I have bird feeders in my garden that are always full with different types of birds. It has been important to keep the feeders stocked up with nuts , seeds and fat over these cold months here in the UK. I believe my feeders have saved many birds over this cold snap that we have had. I recommend to anyone interested in birds with a garden to get some feeders. Not only will you have the benefit of seeing all these new birds visit your garden, you will also be saving the lives of many birds. Think about it If everyone had feeders we could save thousands of birds from the cold weather.

SolarE I share your affinity with birds and if there is such a thing as reincarnation i would like to come back as a bird and hopefully visit the graden feeders of many.
edit on 6-1-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Birds are social and vocal (humorous, talkative and quite demanding at times). They possess wide range of emotions (anger and sadness) and intelligence, too (in recognition of their friends and environment). Yes, they remind me of miniature flighted dinosaurs from their round eyes to their scale-like feet and beautifully colorful feathers.
edit on 2011-1-06 by pikypiky because: To correct "flow of thoughts..."

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a lot of weed can fry ones brains

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I think birds are descendants of flying dinosaurs. It makes sense. Birds always seemed kind of lizardlike to me. They are very cool.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.birding.com...
www.ucmp.berkeley.edu...

but opinions vary...
www.sciencedaily.com...

My favorite two types of avians are the hawk and the owl. Hawks just look so wise soaring around up there on the wind currents. IMAGINE THE VIEW!!!!!

it's so hard to choose...

sandhill cranes - spectacular things to watch - coming in or leaving

or up close

I'm very fond of the crows. They have an genuine sense of humor - and they actually do fly just for fun - watch them when you get a chance

they are common - so sometimes people never notice - but they have gorgeous wings, and a crow in flight is a thing of real beauty...

the raptors are all amazing - in so many ways - but I'm with you - the owls are my favorite. I was fortunate enough to once get to know one of these personally:

(not one of these two owls - but a horned owl)

they're easier to find if you pay attention to the crows :-)

I agree - birds are way cool

edit on 1/6/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: because you can only use the word amazing once or twice before you start to lose all credibility

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by exactmad

Originally posted by exactmad
a lot of weed can fry ones brains

And i'm guessing you know from personal experience?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Always thought about that too that birds are mini dinosaurs. Its awesome to think about how closely related they are to each other. Now they're being killed off once again. Beginning of a new ice age?
edit on 6-1-2011 by robile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Figure 1: Comparison of skeletons of a theropod dinosaur, Archaeopteryx and a modern bird.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I love birds. They don't seem lizard-like to me though. I love crows, and yes i think they have tremendous personality. I can't imagine how they see the world. I feed them and talk to them. The crows and sparrows seem to like me. Crows love peanuts. I really like birds and I feel that they understand more than we can imagine. Anyway, I like your ideas and wanted to share my thoughts. I think birds are very important on many levels, including spiritually.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
reply to post by elocin

I figured people could use a laugh in these troubling times.

Glad I could help.

Bravo on not taking the whole subject too seriously . Gave me a huge smile . star and flag

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yes, there is nothing more majestic than a Wedge Tailed Eagle in flight..perhaps when when you see one carrying off a small horse to feed its young.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Meditate and turn your vision where you want it to go. Be the hawk. Be the owl. Try it. You can do it.

Peace, Love & light

new topics

top topics

join