It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were dead birds a truck massacre?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

www.bt.dk

The newspaper has also spoken with the rescue system, which can tell you that the vet in the area got a call Wednesday from a truck driver who said he had run into a lot of birds on Tuesday night in Falköping precisely on the road where the dead birds later was found.

- He drove over a whole bunch of them and do not think there was anything strange about it, but realized today that it was there when he saw both Swedish and foreign media, says Christer Olofsson from the Swedish Rescue.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hmm, so now they say the dead birds in Sweden is becouse they got runned over by a truck?

I find that a little weird, when you consider how many birds there were. If the tires should have hitted them all at once, well, thats a little weird I personally think.

And sorry for the link, but I coulden't find a article that was english.

Just thought I wanted to tell you, that the bird death in USA and Sweden MAYBE dosen't have anything in commen.

www.bt.dk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Without sounding grissly, I did see the pics and if they were hit by a truck I think I would have noticed the blood on the snow..
And was the driver Drunk?? He must have been swerving all over the place to hit such a wide area..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Exactly!

The birds are scattered all around the road?
And woulden't the birds have been totally smashed, if a truck drove over them?

edit on 17031992 by ypperst because: mistake

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
May explain what happened in Sweden, at least in that one particular case...

But people in Arkansas and other states said the birds just dropped dead in their yards, all of the sudden. No way a truck was responsible for that.

And as someone else posted above, I think the birds on the road would have been a bit more mangled. I've hit birds before while driving, and it can definitely be a bit gruesome. Pictures I saw from Sweden looked like they still had their feathers pretty much intact, but the ones I hit kind of exploded in a puff of feathers.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Yup, it dosen't answer why the birds died in USA.
But I find it very strange, that two days after, birds die in Sweden too?

And the whole road is filled with birds, so the truck driver should have done it on purpose if he would kill all 60 birds.
And, I don't think he wanted bird smush on his truck.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

You appear incredulous at the idea of the birds in this Swedish case being strewn all over the place. I am assuming that you believe that in order to create the tableau with which we are presented, that the driver would have to have occupied more than the normal ammount of the road.
However, what you may not have accounted for are the areodynamic effects of a vehicle in movement, and the lightweight nature of the creatures the truck collided with. When a large high fronted vehicle , like a truck moves forward, it encounters heavy resistance from the air which it passes through in its travels. This air is pushed out to the sides, and over the top of the vehicle at pretty high pressure, which increases as the speed of the truck gets higher. Because the air is pushed out so hard, a bird which impacts the vehicle at the front, will , dependant on how high, and how far left or right of centre it hits, be thrown well clear after impact by the air passing round or over the vehicle. It might be thrown many feet into the air above the cab, or hurled many feet to the sides. The only thing that would arrest this aerodynamic effect, is another one, and that would be the effect of the rear of the vehicle leaving a vacuum in its wake , and the surrounding air (and anything suspended in it) being dragged back toward the rear of the vehicle as it departs the area.
You see , trucks arent as aerodynamic as cars are. Cars are wedge shaped, and designed (usualy) to be as aerodynamic as possible, so air flows over the hood,across the roof, and down the rear of the car, in soft and gentle curves. However trucks are flat fronted, and are not built for aerodynamics or speed, just for thier ability to lug masses of cargo. Therefore the air flow over thier front ends is less elegant, and ends up with masses of resistance and therefore drag, and it is those principles of aerodynamics which are likely the cause of the size of the area over which the birds were scattered. He no doubt hit a flock nearly head on, and the air passing his truck caught the dead creatures and hurled them all over the road.
As to the birds being "run over" I sincerely doubt that there is any chance that the birds were run over, otherwise they would be mere mush , and have tire treads all over them (not to mention being approximately 5mm thick sheets of feathers and gore). I believe that since the damaged birds are strewn all about, that thier deaths were the result of a near head on collision with the front of the vehicle, which was traveling at a speed which would force the birds outward from the impact area, scattering the unfortunate animals to the winds so to speak.
edit on 6-1-2011 by TrueBrit because: Spelling, although I doubt very much that I have removed all errors

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Originally posted by ypperst

no
edit on 6-1-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I'm clear about that.
I know how it is to pass a truck on the high way, its crazy sometimes.

But,
If you look at the street, I don't think he drove that fast, that it could effect all the birds around the truck.

One thing annoys me though, why didn't the birds move?
A lady told that when they were driving down the street, all the birds was there and looking for food. They went out of the car and tried to scare the birds away, with no succes.

As much as I have learned about birds in the wild, is that they flees as soon as you just move your arm.
I don't get it

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

No you say?
Can you please try and explain a little better why not they were killed by a truck?

I don't believe the theory, but I can't dismiss it either.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst

I'm clear about that.
I know how it is to pass a truck on the high way, its crazy sometimes.

But,
If you look at the street, I don't think he drove that fast, that it could effect all the birds around the truck.

He wouldnt have to be driving all that quickly . Trucks have massive front ends , and displace huge amounts of air even at low speeds (thirty to forty miles per hour).

One thing annoys me though, why didn't the birds move?
A lady told that when they were driving down the street, all the birds was there and looking for food. They went out of the car and tried to scare the birds away, with no succes.

As much as I have learned about birds in the wild, is that they flees as soon as you just move your arm.
I don't get it

As to why didnt the birds move, its interesting you mention that. Imagine that you are a bird, and you see a truck comming just a little to late to move completely out of the way... you are going to be jumping into the air, and maybe get a wingbeat, maybe two in before the truck hits, and you will attain some altitude, maybe a few feet... lets guess at between four and six feet of altitude, before you get hit by the truck. So that would put you at maybe half way up the front of the vehicle, just below the window of the cab (depending on the make of truck).
It is possible therefore that rather than not having moved at all, they did react, just not quite in time?
Regarding the issue of a lady you spoke to , telling you about birds reluctant to move from a road... this is very curious, but could be explained if there were food stuffs lying around. In Sweden at this time of year, I would assume that winter hits like a hammer to the face, so its possible the birds saw starvation as a worse death than motor vehicular destruction?
Just a word on birds having a tendancy to fly off given the slightest provocation. I agree in principle, but there again I have had winter robins, crows, blackbirds, and even a raven come to rest on my shoulder before now, without any coercion. All things are dependant on the exact circumstances in which they occur. Nothing can be known , until all the particulars of an event are discovered. At that point one may have a reasonable stab at the truth of a matter.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Interresting ideas.

As for the birds that didn't move, I think you have right.
Maybe the birds have had a hard time finding some food, that they woulden't care if any threats were threatning them. I could see that as a solid explanation for why they didn't move.

One more thing, what could the bird have been eating along the street? When I look at the picture, I can't imagine that there would be any food for them there, but I don't know

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
HEADS UP !! Jeremy Vine will be discussing the bird deaths at 1.30 pm GMT on BBC radio 2 TODAY www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Not knowing Sweden beyond vauge impressions of its ancient history , and its export of ABBA to the world (yeah , thanks a whole bunch
) I do not know what litter laws, and thier breakage are like in the region. It is possible that some food stuff , like grain, or some other source of nourishment was either blown from the top of a container, or thrown as trash from a car window, and scattered in the area in which the birds were to be found. That could have attracted them fairly effectively.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Thank you very much! I'm going to watch that.

Lets see if they come with more weird explaination

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Yes that was what I was thinking too.
Human garbage on the streets I suppose.

But let's see what happening. I just thought I wanted to tell that there was a new idea on this subject, but I don't really trust it.
And the idea only supports the 60 dead birds in Sweden.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Its on now Radio 2 BBC Terry Nutkins said ( american bird deaths) "it was only 1000 birds and that they were poisoned." I thought they didnt find any toxins in the dead birds?
edit on 6-1-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

At least a portion of the American bird kills were recorded to be caused by blunt force trauma, which killed the birds midflight, and caused them to fall down dead from the skies. This is a matter of record, and if you click about the site enough you will likely find threads referencing that fact.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ok let's take a step back and look at this all over again:

I have read however that most of the birds dided at night, when it is dark.
I have read about blunt force trauma.
I have read about blod clots and hemmorraged lungs.
I have read about possible poisoning.
I have read that the birds are only from a few species.
I have read about the shifting magnetic poles confusing birds.
I have read about "hail" damage and freezing birds as well.

BUT, I have yet to read a report that has an eyewitness account of the birds falling from the sky.

So here is my theory:

The birds are being gassed and being dumped at night in varying locations around the world. That would explain the hemmorraged lungs and blood clots. If they are being dumped from a higher altitude already dead, they are more likely to freeze and hit the ground harder creating the blunt force trauma as well or they are being stored frozed to stop the bodies from decaying and aren't 'fluttering' to the ground, but dropping like a rock, hence 'blunt force trauma'.

But what about the shifting magnetic poles? A distraction and disinfo plot to stop people from autopsying birds and finding out they were gassed and frozen.

The shifting of the magnetic poles is a proven gradual event. So do how birds use the magnetic fields as a guidance device and compensate for the gradual shift over the years? Even if the poles shifted suddenly by a few miles, it is January, they are already far within their migratory path. AND redwing blackbirds only migrate from Canada to the US and maybe a bit into Mexico, which means the dead birds live year-round in the US. So while the birds do use the magnetic resonance to guide them on their path, they were in an area where they would only be feeding.

Well birds don't feed at night, hence the theory that they were spooked by fireworks, which I think we all know is crap.

So I say the birds were dumped at these random locations for a coming H5N1 flu scare.

Why? Because if you search the phrase 'fewer flu shots being administered in 2011', you will find that people aren't getting the flu shot becasue the swine flu scare was bust and people are growing more and more sceptical of vaccines. Vaccines from production to administration generates billions of dollars for big pharma.

We are already hearing reports of bird flu in Asia, give it time.

Anyway, that is my theory.

Thoughts?

- mike
edit on 6-1-2011 by subversivemike because: Added some blunt force trauma.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by subversivemike

Those that died of blunt force trauma have been investigated forensicaly, and the results showed that they died whilst in flight, and that the trauma of impact with the ground happened after the previous lethal impact. Ergo, the impact with the ground was post mortem, and did not kill the birds, nor did it cover the injuries that did. Something hit the birds that died of blunt force trauma, something which hit them while they were on the wing. That has been made crystal clear by the reports made by the investigating bodies involved .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join