It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Aliens Digitronized the Mummy Brains

page: 2
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte


From the article you refer to:


In the mummy of Ramesses I, the brain was carefully removed leaving an empty skull cavity. The cribiform plate has clearly been broken. A long metal tool would have been inserted through the right nostril to break the cribiform plate and then gyrated to liquefy the brain matter. Once the skull was drained of the liquefied brain matter, it was then filled approximately halfway with resin.


Either that, or it was the tequila.

Harte


I dont have any doubt at all that if my brains were to be 'carefully removed' by gyrating and liquefying I would need Tequila!




posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by quantum_flux
 


If you clone a brain, you don't clone memories.

+, just because you discard something doesn't mean you don't respect it. It's your king's dead body. You respect every part, even the garbage.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91
 


He said the article said that the "brains were carefully removed from the skull..."

Probably get in some trouble if you accidentally drop a spoonful of pharoahbrain all over the floor.

Very disrespectful.

And don't get it on your robe, for Amon's sake!

Them brains leave stains.

Harte



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte
 


Removed and discarded, or put in a jar probably. Either way. It's mutilated mush.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Originally posted by Harte


From the article you refer to:


In the mummy of Ramesses I, the brain was carefully removed leaving an empty skull cavity. The cribiform plate has clearly been broken. A long metal tool would have been inserted through the right nostril to break the cribiform plate and then gyrated to liquefy the brain matter. Once the skull was drained of the liquefied brain matter, it was then filled approximately halfway with resin.


Either that, or it was the tequila.

Harte


I dont have any doubt at all that if my brains were to be 'carefully removed' by gyrating and liquefying I would need Tequila!


I'm pretty sure the whole "gyrating and liquefying" part is just the sick imagination of the Egyptologists. They infer the brain was "carefully removed" probably because there are no pieces of it left in the skull, which means it's probably intact whereever the rest of the brain was taken.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
They infer the brain was "carefully removed" probably because there are no pieces of it left in the skull, which means it's probably intact whereever the rest of the brain was taken.

Or so said Agent J in "Men in Black."

Harte



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thank you very much for a very interesting thread.

It's certainly an idea to be considered and, although there is an element of humour, I think it's always worth exploring these ideas. After all none of us know for certain what happens to us in the afterlife



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
I'm pretty sure the whole "gyrating and liquefying" part is just the sick imagination of the Egyptologists. They infer the brain was "carefully removed" probably because there are no pieces of it left in the skull, which means it's probably intact whereever the rest of the brain was taken.


I'm pretty sure too that the 'carefully removed' refers to them being careful not to damage the very delicate nose as the brains were removed, there is no way whatsoever that you can remove a brain from the nostrils without destroying the brain.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join