It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Digitronized the Mummy Brains

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
According to this article on Egyptology, here is what the Egyptians 'supposedly' thought about the brain:

Since the functions of the mind were believed to be centered in the heart, the ancient Egyptians saw no need to preserve the brain for the afterlife. Ideally, the brain was removed and discarded.

According to that, this is what they did with the brain of Ramesses I:

In the mummy of Ramesses I, the brain was carefully removed leaving an empty skull cavity. The cribiform plate has clearly been broken. A long metal tool would have been inserted through the right nostril to break the cribiform plate and then gyrated to liquefy the brain matter. Once the skull was drained of the liquefied brain matter, it was then filled approximately halfway with resin.

OH REALLY!? The great enlightened experts think that the brain wasn't important, huh? Furthermore, whence did belief in the afterlife come from then? How were they supposed to come back to life without a brain?

My bet is that there is something that Egyptologists are misunderstanding about the whole ordeal. The afterlife promised by the "gods" (aliens) of Egypt to the "royal pharoahs" (mediators between the aliens and the block building slave-masons) probably was a lot more like the movie Tron than you think it was. Once the brain has been digitized then it can live on eternally, perhaps given a new body as a robot too.
edit on 6-1-2011 by quantum_flux because:

edit on 8/1/2011 by Sauron because: fix image

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Even if you duplicate said brain. it would not be the same mind. Where is the evidence of the brains being digitized? Seems you are jumping to conclusions in a way saying you think it is possible. But that does not change how the ancient Egyptians dealt with the brain.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Ancient Aliens - Unexplained Structures...uh, or so I thought that link was, but it's changed for some reason. Anyhow, it just seems to me that IFF the aliens were in contact with the pharoahs and did promise some sort of afterlife, that they would need to take their brains in order to do so. Perhaps the rest of the corpse was left with the slave-masons who, perhaps, misunderstood what the aliens meant by saying that the pharoahs would walk again (what the aliens probably meant was that their minds would be digitally downloaded into robots once they got back to their star system, and perhaps someday in the distant future the pharoahs would return to Earth as robodroids).

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You know thats really interesting, the ancient egyptians knew something we all dont. This brain theory thing has got me thinking, what if they really did find a way to return their memory to some artificial body.Or maybe harvest a new one, maybe their brain matter lies somewhere here but theres like nobody to return or maybe they do not know where to return and where to find the matter. Ah thanks for this post though, we may not know the outcome but I love to read the stuff about ancient aliens and the egyptions

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
According to this article on Egyptology here is what the Egyptians 'supposedly' thought about the brain

No supposedly about it. It is well documented the Egyptians thought the brain was useless.

According to that, this is what they did with the brain of Ramesses I

Not just Ramessess I, but every mummy...

The great enlightened experts think that the brain wasn't important, huh?

Obviously, they were not experts...

Furthermore, whence did belief in the afterlife come from then?

Belief in the afterlife is evidenced to exist in human culture long before the Egyptians were mummifying their nobility. Why do you think humans would have needed to be taught about an afterlife by aliens?

How were they supposed to come back to life without a brain?

Obviously the Egyptians did not think it was important. It was of so little importance they destroyed it.

My bet is that there is something that Egyptologists are misunderstanding about the whole ordeal.

Based on what? The Egyptologist base their understanding on Egypt culture on evidence whereas you are basing your claims on, well to be frank, make-believe.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Digitronized???? is that even a word!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Why is it that some people cannot grasp the simple difference between a title which states something in factual terms ,for example "Aliens Digitronized the Mummy Brains" , and a more appropriate suggestive title , perhaps along the lines of "Could Aliens Have Digitronized the Mummy Brains?" . Or, if the poster does not wish to pose a question, but wishes to state a hypothesis, then why not " I Believe that Aliens Digitronized the Mummy Brains" , or perhaps " Hypothesis on Egyptian Afterlife, Warning : Based On Nothing But My Imagination, Which Though Fun Has All The Documentary Use Of A Wet Sock To The Face" .
I dont wish to poke fun, this is a serious issue. People get this simple matter of grammar and phraseology wrong time and time again on this site, and it absolutely has to end. It doesnt take a rocket scientist (or for that matter an alien brain surgeon) to figure out the differences between a hypotheticaly suggestive title and a statement of fact, and rather than have the reader work it out for themselves,or indeed know its fallacy all along and be fustrated by it, it would be nice if thread authors had a little respect for the readership of the site and payed just a little attention to this factor of English language and its use.
On the subject at hand, the theory is interesting, but for some reason there is also a massive disregard for providing proof around this place lately also . Somewhat tiresome, since without evidence to back us up, ignorance will alwasy triumph over enlightenment.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Odd thread, weird words, no proof, all hot air.

I see at no point where the removal of the people brains links to their brains being digitally sampled, there's not even a tiny thread that leads to it which makes the thread both ill named and misleading.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Why would the Ancient Egyptians do anything with the brains at all if they thought it was so unimportant? Isn't that like in modern times if somebody decided it was necessary to remove your appendix and then slice it up after you're dead because "it's useless"? Obviously if it was considered useless in the afterlife they wouldn't have taken the careful effort to remove it I'd think, why the extra work?

If it was merely to put some resin in there (is there anything embedded in that resin?) then what was the purpose of putting resin into the skull?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by quantum_flux

Resin in the skull ? Perhaps to prevent the skull rotting from the inside? That would certainly be the first thought that comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Resin in the skull ? Perhaps to prevent the skull rotting from the inside? That would certainly be the first thought that comes to mind.

Bone doesn't rot, does it? I thought that they fossilize instead.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Henry Markram builds a brain in a supercomputer...this is the first step toward digitronizing the conscious mind. Ancient Aliens were probably light years ahead of where we are now in those regards.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Thats just not the case. Fossilisation requires certain geological actions, and does not occur just because something is buried. Bones do decay over time, thats why locating , exhuming, and studying mummies from Egypt, and from South America, and anywhere they may crop up, is so important from an archeological point of veiw. They offer the best, and most intact snapshots of ancient times, that we are capable of observing , precisely because of the staggering levels of preservation that were achieved by these ancient civilisations.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Why would the Ancient Egyptians do anything with the brains at all if they thought it was so unimportant? Isn't that like in modern times if somebody decided it was necessary to remove your appendix and then slice it up after you're dead because "it's useless"? Obviously if it was considered useless in the afterlife they wouldn't have taken the careful effort to remove it I'd think, why the extra work?

because they were mummifying the corpse
they removed all the internal organs, some were placed in canopic jars but what wasn't considered important (brain included) was not preserved. If they left the brain and other viscera in there in would rot and put an end to the mummification process.... In 'modern times' we aren't mummifying the bodies so yes it would be pointless to remove organs and 'chop them up' so... we dont

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yet all across the world on the money and symboled in various locations HORUS INFLUENCE IS STILL HERE.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The concept can be real, I just love the terms to the post and diagram. It gave me a good laugh. "Digitronized" and "Second Life Avatar" on top of that "Robodroid", who knows maybe on day we will use Linden instead of dollars?
edit on 7-1-2011 by jdmmade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

According to this article on Egyptology, here is what the Egyptians 'supposedly' thought about the brain:

Since the functions of the mind were believed to be centered in the heart, the ancient Egyptians saw no need to preserve the brain for the afterlife. Ideally, the brain was removed and discarded.

According to that, this is what they did with the brain of Ramesses I:

In the mummy of Ramesses I, the brain was carefully removed leaving an empty skull cavity. The cribiform plate has clearly been broken. A long metal tool would have been inserted through the right nostril to break the cribiform plate and then gyrated to liquefy the brain matter. Once the skull was drained of the liquefied brain matter, it was then filled approximately halfway with resin.

OH REALLY!? The great enlightened experts think that the brain wasn't important, huh? Furthermore, whence did belief in the afterlife come from then? How were they supposed to come back to life without a brain?

Good Lord. I guess if I posted a treatise on my toenail somebody would claim it had something to do with aliens.

Look. Your own post answered your question before you asked it. The Egyptians didn't have any idea what the brain was. They thought a person's thoughts came from the heart. That is not idle speculation. They could write, you know.

Anyhow, it just seems to me that IFF the aliens were in contact with the pharoahs and did promise some sort of afterlife, that they would need to take their brains in order to do so.

Right. The aliens took their brains for "Digitronizing." Obviously, scooping the brains out one tiny bit at a time through the dead pharoah's nostril somehow enhanced the digitronation process.

Harte

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I agree with OP. Their brains were obviously digitronized into robodroids.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

The article I refer to says "the brains were carefully removed from the skull"

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

From the article you refer to:

the brain was frequently left in place, as here in a CT image of the mummy of Ta-hasat from the Carlos Museum's collection. The cribiform plate (the roof of the sinuses), which would have been broken in order to remove the brain, remains intact.

SNIP

Probably, the gyrations of the long metal tool (note - metal - a scientifically proven conductor of energies!!) resulted in an organic neural network vortex, enhancing the digitronizational capacity of the mind of the King. Must have been why they did it this way.

Either that, or it was the tequila.

Harte

top topics

<<   2 >>

join