It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World food prices reach record high

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Global food prices rose to a record in December, the UN's Food and Agriculture Organization reported Wednesday, surpassing highs in 2008 when rising prices sparked riots in 61 countries.

Expect the prices for your dinner to go up.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So why no responses?
Is it because i am hated or something?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You're preachin' to the choir friend. One would have to be totally blind not to notice the prices
of food are climbing higher and higher. What gets me, seems that now that Monsanto has gotten
their hands on the patents for pigs not born yet, have GMO'd all the food, have control of the seeds
that grow the "real stuff"...the prices just seem to be going higher and higher.

What did they say...wasn't one of their purposes was helping feed the world by being able to grow more food?
The only thing I have seen is price hikes...of which seems to be blamed on oil prices...

Money and greed...that's all that matters to those in charge!

Hehe...but guess who's going to get the last laugh?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Not that I noticed, I guess a lot of people are expecting their dinner to either drop out of the sky or wash up on the beach

tho on a serious note, I am one of those really peeved people I live in a smallish part of the UK, England's Southdowns in Sussex.. the downs are not that large but in the last 40 years sheep numbers have declined by about 900,000, a similar drop in the number of cows roaming the downs and a similar drop in the volume of crops we produce..

Now it is a pretty national park!!
www.southdowns.gov.uk...

It seems utterly stupid we are importing what we could be growing or raising.. but I guess that would not drive up prices, or price the poorer nations out of putting their own food in their mouths.

Sorry, bit of a rant really..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Come on now people you can survive on not much food really.

How much food do you really need a day?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Come on now people you can survive on not much food really.

How much food do you really need a day?

that depends on some people really

top topics

join