It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool music to web surf to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Just found this band called Cloudkicker, think they've been around a few years...they're like a mix between tool and deftones but without vocals...

It's melodic and intuitive, but still retains that heavy grit sound of mainstream metal... I highly recommend this band.

edit on 6-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Anything, in my opinion, referred to as mainstream blows. The mainstream metal, rock, pop, rap all sucks to me. Mainly because of the fact that it is mainstream, the "type" of musical style that the audience gets pleased by, so it's created mainly for the gain. This is just my take on it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

I agree, these guys aren't mainstream though.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

Would you think of Joe Budden, Maino, Crooked I, Royce 5'9 etc as main stream? Lyrically know matter non-main stream or main stream rappers with lyrical content that can connect to people will connect with them. Eminem - Huge everyone can relate in some way or another. Joe Budden not so much, but does have a huge following from the people who relate to him. Thats all it comes down to. Can you relate your life to the worlds.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

I love Alice In Chains man, got to see them live in 2010.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
reply to post by FPB214

Would you think of Joe Budden, Maino, Crooked I, Royce 5'9 etc as main stream? Lyrically know matter non-main stream or main stream rappers with lyrical content that can connect to people will connect with them. Eminem - Huge everyone can relate in some way or another. Joe Budden not so much, but does have a huge following from the people who relate to him. Thats all it comes down to. Can you relate your life to the worlds.

The words are what matter the most to me. In my opinion, most rap doesn't have the true emotion in it, the lyrics do not show me that. Most of the lyrics show me the same things over and over. Making money, peelin someones cap, getting hoes etc. Im not saying all rap is crap, the only rapper i've ever stuck to was Tupac. If you listen to Me Against the World and especially the last verse, that's what im trying to get at. The deeper meaning in the verse, it means alot and gets passed all of the other main things rappers today talk about. Money, hoes, getting guns, hustlin, your album being heard, none of that means anything to me because I can't relate to it. If that's your lifestyle, than I guess you could. I just know many friends my age who listen to a bunch of music like Wayne, Jeezy and so on who talk about lifestyles that they cannot relate to. Therefore, in my opinion the lyrics have no deeper meaning. I enjoy lyrics that talk about the bigger picture in general of life and this existence, or just the musical instruments in general that take you further than you've ever imagined.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Hey thanks for the link, I like the sound...I remember hearing stuff by this guy (it's a one-man project, didja know?) on myspace last year, but it looks like he's closed down his profile there.
edit on 10-1-2011 by avocadoshag because: removed broken link

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Miles Davis.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FPB214
reply to post by Rustami

I love Alice In Chains man, got to see them live in 2010.

had'nt been to a concert in years, they would be one to try to make and still have that authentic sound, wore out bgwtb at work this past summer
edit on 14-1-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

top topics

join