It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I joined because I live in Alaska and the weather up here is concerning me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So I live in Anchorage Alaska, I hear on the news about blizzards around the world. I figured, okay, its winter... that's common. I kept seeing these reports on the news, and then new years came around. It had been getting so cold up here like it usually does around this time of the year when we are the furthest away from the sun (thank god we're getting closer), then things heat up.

For the past few days I have been able to walk around outside comfortably without much winter clothing. My friend who is negligent to install studs on his tires has been able to drive relatively well since the ice has been melting. I was born and raised in Alaska and have seen 22 winters, this is unnatural.

I don't plan on returning to my account, I just wanted to warn people that things are heating where it should be cold, and people up here are definitely taking a notice to it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
And those sinkholes are getting more numerous!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I don't know I mean yeah it's worrisome, but weather is weather its unpredictable and always changes day to day, season to season. Heck I've seen it change hour to hour. Rain in one half of a town or city and not the other half. So I'm kinda on the fence about the weather of the world anyways. Just because you've only seen it one way doesn't mean it's always like that.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DakmindAK
I don't plan on returning to my account, I just wanted to warn people that things are heating where it should be cold, and people up here are definitely taking a notice to it.

I've been saying the same thing, and I live in middle America. The current weather patterns CANNOT be attributed to La Nina.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DakmindAK

Good luck up there, Dak.

People scoff at the thought of change. People always have.

But climate change is real and threatens this planet.

We have huge floods in Queensland when it should be drought. We have waterways drying up elsewhere when they should not.

We have birds and fish dead for no apparent reason.

We have unbelievable snow in Britain.

And we have a lot of other unusual events.

Good luck to everyone.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
last winter in the Dakotas reminded me of when i was a young kid in the 70's. we had a lot of snow. this year it seems to be more normal again. its hard to say as both are "normal" over the expreience of my lifetime.

being in Alaske though i would be worried as i was reading a bit about HAARP tonight. i had not heard of it before and it kind of worries me if it can do some of the things that some say it can.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DakmindAK

Probably because the poles are shifting is the reason for the improve whether in Alaska. Supposely, the new poles will be Russia and South America. No wonder Russia is expericing a really cold winter.

new topics

top topics

join