It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collapse - Michael Ruppert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
documentaryheaven.com...

Americans generally like to hear good news. They like to believe that a new president will right old wrongs, that clean energy will replace dirty oil and that fresh thinking will set the economy straight. American pundits tend to restrain their pessimism and hope for the best. But is anyone prepared for the worst? Meet Michael Ruppert, a different kind of American. A former Lost Angeles police officer turned independent reporter, he predicted the current financial crisis in his self-published newsletter. From the Wilderness, at a time when most Wall Street and Washington analysts were still in denial. Director Chris Smith has shown an affinity for outsiders in films like American Movie and The Yes Men. In Collapse, he departs stylistically from his past documentaries by interviewing Ruppert in a format that recalls the work of Errol Morris and Spalding Gray. Sitting in a room that looks like a bunker, Ruppert recounts his career as a radical thinker and spells out the crises he sees ahead. He draws upon the same news reports and data available to any Internet user, but he applies a unique interpretation. He is especially passionate about the issue of “peak oil,” the concern raised by scientists since the seventies that the world will eventually run out of fossil fuel.

I searched and was surprised to see nothing here on this film. I thought it was interesting although I always make up my own opinion. He did give me some interesting things to think about for sure. I don't really have anything to add just wanted you guys to see it.
edit on 5-1-2011 by shug7272 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This documentary is AWESOME! Thanks for the view of this. To bad his web site has tonnes of holes in it. (missing links)
This guy is now in Canada, and is having serious health problems as well. Sounds like it's Cancer.....probably from smoking so much but meh, what can you do! Hope he gets better and keeps going with this stuff. Kinda makes you wonder after watching this if OIL shortages and population reductions go hand in hand! I love how it all links together. This big fish and bird die off is probably a set up to kill off tonnes of people right away as well!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Bump! Why is no one commenting on this video? This video is probably one of the most important videos out right now! It also effects us all! If you haven't watched it, go and do it now! Then come back and tell us what you think! Michael Ruppert connects the dots on EVERYTHING and gives you good insite into whats going on, and whats going to happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This guy has a reputable background and can see parts of the big picture, but he's unreliable for telling you any much more than we're going to have a bumpy future. I watched some of his collapsenet videos last year and realized he doesn't have a clue when SHTF just like anyone else, but maybe a few. I think he's genuinely trying his best, but that maybe he's lost touch with reality a little bit as he ages. I think it's likely society and civilization will collapse this century, maybe even this decade, but he's trying to make it seem as if it's going to happen this month, every month. I think maybe he fears his own death is all. Maybe he won't be around that long.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shug7272
documentaryheaven.com...

I searched and was surprised to see nothing here on this film. I thought it was interesting although I always make up my own opinion. He did give me some interesting things to think about for sure. I don't really have anything to add just wanted you guys to see it.
edit on 5-1-2011 by shug7272 because: (no reason given)

I too am amazed at the numbers of people on ATS who do nothing to educate themselves on various topics from a variety of viewpoints and try to pass that info on. Probably because many of the same people are too busy trying to out-scoop each other by speculating on some random and obscure Internet article prediciting the next big event/end-of-the-world catastrophe.

A worthwhile documentary to be sure, especially since it is somewhat critical of Ruppert.

- mike

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
This documentary is AWESOME! Thanks for the view of this. To bad his web site has tonnes of holes in it. (missing links)
This guy is now in Canada, and is having serious health problems as well. Sounds like it's Cancer.....probably from smoking so much but meh, what can you do! Hope he gets better and keeps going with this stuff. Kinda makes you wonder after watching this if OIL shortages and population reductions go hand in hand! I love how it all links together. This big fish and bird die off is probably a set up to kill off tonnes of people right away as well!

WTF are you talking about? Mike doesn't have cancer lol, I'm a member of his site and you sir are talking out your ass.

It's not very nice to spread BS about people. He lives in Culver City

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
This guy has a reputable background and can see parts of the big picture, but he's unreliable for telling you any much more than we're going to have a bumpy future. I watched some of his collapsenet videos last year and realized he doesn't have a clue when SHTF just like anyone else, but maybe a few.

When the SHTF, do people really think they can run to the woods with their 'bug out bags', survival gear, and guns and actually survive? Maybe 20 years ago, but with the surveillence equipment available to TPTB now, there is no where to run. Long term that is.

What we need to do is use folks like Ruppert as an early warning system.

What people do after the SHTF, is up to them, but IF America continues to become a police state, I'm sure we will better understand why the average German/Russian/Italian just put their heads down and tried to make it through leading up to WWII. It also explains why Jewish folks and other left their countries en masse as totalitarian regimes took over.

- mike

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by subversivemike

He's all over You Tube as well
www.youtube.com...

Very informative. He also does give a timeline of when the collapse will happen. It's happening NOW! No new mass finds of oil in the world = world collapse. He is saying that we are already to late to change whats coming. Nothing is going to get better (if you consider the way we live right now) I really think he is spot on, and that the world NEEDS this change to happen in order for us to break free from this global oil dependency. I say bring it on.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

www.fromthewilderness.com...

That's the article that I read from his web site posted on his main page! Is there Two Mike Rupperts? let me know

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
opps, Guess I should have read the date on the article before making speculations. My bad! haha. The article was from NOV. 26, 2006. Hope he's feeling better!
booo to me! Thanks for pointing out my error on the matter, I'll try to be more diligent in my homework for next time! Still it makes me quite happy that he will be around for a while supplying us with all of his brilliant work in this field! Hope I get to meet him one day!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
www.collapsenet.com...

This is his new home base on the net. Some interesting information and cute videos to watch! Just thought I'd post this here since it's related to the OP's original video. Have a look around.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by subversivemike
When the SHTF, do people really think they can run to the woods with their 'bug out bags', survival gear, and guns and actually survive? Maybe 20 years ago, but with the surveillence equipment available to TPTB now, there is no where to run. Long term that is.

What we need to do is use folks like Ruppert as an early warning system.

Ruppert has been speaking out for decades. The early warnings were sound a generation ago or more yet. It's way too late to fix this mess. The control grid is already implemented, and just becomes that much more hard core as the years roll on. If there could be a resistance, there would have been. Good luck!

Originally posted by subversivemike
What people do after the SHTF, is up to them, but IF America continues to become a police state, I'm sure we will better understand why the average German/Russian/Italian just put their heads down and tried to make it through leading up to WWII. It also explains why Jewish folks and other left their countries en masse as totalitarian regimes took over.

- mike

What is the SHTF situation you describe?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
very informative video
from what amount of it I
was allowed to view.

There was a pop-up in the video
stating that I had exceeded the max
viewing time and informed me
that I needed to register
to continue. Don't know if that
included a membership fee
as I opted out at that point.

As far as Ruppert himself,
I like the guy and think he is
spot on in his assessments.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I was referring to your SHTF situation, but going back to your post, I realized you shifted tenses and it threw me. Sorry.

- mike

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch

No new mass finds of oil in the world = world collapse.

I guess before spreading the doom and gloom, you might try to educate yourself about the "no new oil" argument. The technology is finally catching up on oil-shale extraction. It is quite different than the conventional drill vertical technology that we've been using for the last 100 years or so.

interesting article

a group of exploratory horizontal oil wells under development with the potential to unlock the nation's next big onshore oil play.

edit on 1/7/2011 by saabster5 because: added quote from article

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

If you read that article, you will see the numbers are low. One well might produce 105,000 barrels of oil over its life time. Considering the rate at which the world uses oil, and considering the growth of oil demand, the amount of oil in Niobrara is literally a drop in the bucket; it is only a stop gap measure.

Also, Niobrara is not a new find of oil, it is a known reserve but until now was not economically feasible to extract.

The cost of such oil reserves as Niobrara goes far beyond money. Consider that much of the oil and gas these companies are going for requires hydraulic fracturing of the rock; a process which uses literally millions of gallons of water infused with toxic chemicals to crack or 'frac' the rock layer where the oil or gas is stored. So for not a lot of oil, in the big picture, these companies ruin millions of gallons of clean water and endanger our water tables as well.

- mike
edit on 9-1-2011 by subversivemike because: The letter 'r' please, Pat.

new topics

top topics

join